Scout Epic 2.0 Questline

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by ZUES, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Time Warp = Temporal Leap? Or am I stretching that?
  2. rutro Well-Known Member

Diggin this stuff....:) Good job Dev Team....got the community involved...and did not forget that this is an MMO>..
  3. Lea Plath Active Member

First post in months. So...

Anyway had a bit of a think. My issue is I havent played the new xpac so I cant get a feel of the theme tk better inform me.

From guessing and what info i can work out, fear and hate are the two biggies. Betrayal too. E could mean many things.

It could be a name of a Person. In which case Everling is the obvious one. As I stated before. Someone who has done his hidden quests try talking to him or doing nek castle with the items on you. There are also the Everlings in Harrows End dungeon and raid.

Ethernere is the next one as that also has a tie to fear via EQ1s Cazic Thule dying. But it is super vague cause Ethernere is a huge zone set.

Another betrayal of note is the enchanted lands. The gobby from the sewn evil eye HQ betrays you. And in Runnyeye the evil eyes betray you and use you as a pawn to kill the overlord. Also lots of trash piles around, perfect for hiding stuff in.

Everfrost is an e. There are the maidens of E'ci and e'ci herself I do believe played a role in the original wizards epic. Another loose connection though.

Erudin is another stronger candidate IMO. It has links to Theer, the gods and a lot of info. There are two libarys in Panieel, one to the east, one to the west. Both of them could hsve info. There is also panieel resesrch ststion, the Erudin Libary, Erudin resesrch halls and Royal palace of erudin.

Also going back to the clues. Begining of the end could refer to the RoK raid flagging time line. That was when we discovered the shissar calander that set us up to fight ages end, was set in RoK, and there are a bunch of scrolls and curios in fiddy bobbicks room. Maybe one of them links in.

I have a bunch more ideas too. The Shard of Hate is another possible place to look. As I remember it absorbed the plane of betrayal. And shard of fear fits the theme too.
  4. Lea Plath Active Member

Oh and just to confirm. I know the begining of end riddle is probably E. I am just looking for double meanings.

And another thought came to me as well. Check out class trainers for anything new. Like a new spell or something they sell.
  5. Edrickx Member

Ok, went to paineel and clicked a book on the left set of shelves on the east library. It spawned a portal to a workshop, could not click anything inside.
  6. Canth Active Member

That's the channeler epic 1.0 starter
  7. Tupperbeast Active Member

This story has something to do with EQ1 which is the Epic 2.0??

PoK was the beginning of the end ...
  8. Grand New Member

9. Lojaak Well-Known Member

No idea if RE:TG is linked, but I don't ever need an excuse to run it - who doesn't like seeing halflings being boiled alive?! :p

Didn't see anything on my priest, but there *is* a room with Nurgan and Broken Toe goblins in.
  10. Billzbub Active Member

My guess is that those two riddles Kander posted are just riddles and have nothing to do with Epic 2.0. Kander is having a grand old time watching us parse every word he says as possible clues. We're anomaly hunting worse than moon hoaxers. I think parsing through the lore like many of you are doing will end up being more productive, and so will physically searching everything including vendors, NPCs, clickies, etc. I wish I had something real to contribute, but I don't even know enough lore to butcher it.
    Lojaak likes this.
  11. Smitch New Member

I checked out RE:TG this AM. Nothing new that I could find at lvl 100.
  12. Lea Plath Active Member

Maybe I'm overparsing stuff. But I like doing that :p

So can someone fill me in on the lore behind ascension abilities, and what sort of stuff is being brought up this xpac so I can see if there are any links to older content?
  13. Reevar Active Member

Ascension Classes correspond to the the 4 Runes from Theer and aspects of the new purple runes that are ccrafted. I think I have these right would have to double check
    Aspect/Ascension/Trainer
    Paixao - Geomancer - Aranolth Tol'Ren
    Zou Kunnen - Etherealist - Miragul
    Aniquilacion - Elementalist - Najena
    Pingyuan Diqu - Thaumaturgist - Chosooth

In the Crafting Time line you prepare 4 relic weapons, one of each aspect to receive a gods power which can be used to stop Lanys.
  14. Lea Plath Active Member

OH OH! I THINK I MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING :D

Let me check through my lore stuff but I think I have something!
    Lojaak likes this.
  15. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Darkale and Genmarion like this.
  16. Edrickx Member

I have tried talking to him in Thurgadin and in erudin palace. I have also checked all the books around him in both. I know there was an instance with just him in it that looked like the end of the middle section of the hole, but dont remember how to get there.
  17. Lojaak Well-Known Member

It's on the instanced door, the one to the left of the contested door and opposite the underdepths raid door.
  18. Genmarion New Member

19. Edrickx Member

It is not appearing for me. It only offers the 3 standard instances. I know it was part of a quest, likely in DoV. But it must remove the instance when you finish that quest line.
  20. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

I'm afraid it's really slow going as I am hand typing the journal parts at each stage, and then I have to keep copying, pasting and formatting the logs, so I've only just finished Drake Disposal Duty. This bit really struck me though right near the start:

• You say to a nameless spirit, "Let's try this again... I can help you look for the weapon."
    • a nameless spirit says to you, "You would help me? Not the weapon, Vek's weapon. It is necessary, yet I lost it."
    • You say to a nameless spirit, "Did you lose it here?"
    • a nameless spirit says to you, "Somewhere here, yes. It looked so different then, but so much the same... "

This is the iksar sprit, Setri tells you he was from the Stone Hoof Badlands (JW), sent by Xlixinar. Is this a reference to the reskins of the epics?
  21. Ahmassar Active Member

Yeah it's striking but it's in relation to the Greenmist tho. What's in the SHB in JW? Will have a look around there