Scout Epic 2.0 Questline

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by ZUES, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the only thing I saw in all the quotes was a running theme of places and events.

the toilet at the end of the rainbow could be a referance to the long in joke about stormhold having the only restroom. stormhold was built by a weidler of the bone bladed claymore, who betrayed and murdered his fellow knights. the original weilder, also betrayed and murdered his fellows.

the dead member of the family mentioned was the high preistess of betrayal.

Cristanos betrayed Talvus and Naythanox, that started the Thexian movement, and she betrayed those in Fallen Gate when she sealed it off from Neriak and left them all to die. which could be another relation to that family as the one Kander was in Eq1 is the questgiver for fallen gate access.

the last member of the family, was part of the darkmail gauntlets. Misa betrays hm using you as a tool to kill the other cell leaders, and then he has you betray Misa to take leadership of the BB one as well as spare your own life.

the doubloons can refer to Ethernere, the price of the passage on the dreadcutter, or be a referance to the Brokenskull pirates. the pirates turn on eachother and Krasnok was a follower of Inny.

the time warp is history repeating. how did the Hounds become the gods of war? Rallos betrayed them and they avenged said betrayal. how did Lanys do it? Setri (terris) betrayed us to her, which gave her the last stone.

Betrayal is a common element and theme. none of the lines themselves are an actual clue, hence all ruses, but the theme that binds them is the clue. I think Ullorruuk, not Inny is gong to be a driving force in Epic 2.0. She's going to betray Lanys using our help, to bring her father back to the throne. (or assume it herself)

We might want to start in Nek Castle, the only place in norrath known to have a church/altar to Ully.
    Anaogi and Konc3pt like this.
  2. Thilka Member

3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Went ahead and tested your theory on mage and got no luck in Nek Castle..
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

5. Edrickx Member

Kander: I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation and I surround every place. What am I?

Perhaps your interpretation of this is wrong? Maybe not veil or e, but what about this....
    The beginning of the end: The
    the end of space and time: e
    i am essential to creation: r
    I surround every place: nothing, emptiness, air

Answer: Theer the sentinel of balance. Also notice the runes in his room you destroy to make him stronger are named after the set bonuses on the new purple runes.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Alakazou Member

7. Lea Plath Active Member

You git are butchering the lore and it is pissing me right off.

Like...have you not read anything since AoM? Theer killed 4 gods, whose runes adorn his chamber, the power of the swords of destiny literally unmaking them and casting them into the void and destroying most if not all knowledge about them. These were the first refrences we had to these gods. In this and last xpac the focus has been on the Chaos Stones, which the Glaufaye were protecting, which contained the knowledge of the gods and some of their knowledge, making them basically powerful mcguffins/magical nukes.

So well done. You've picked up on a thread that we've known about for years.

Now, I don't play EQ2 at the moment, having moved to WoW, but I'm still pretty damn good on the lore.

The 4 gods, the 4 archetypes and 4 ascension things make me think that each class will probably have a diffrent god related to their quest line, which also ties back into the Chaos stones.

There is:
    • Pingyuan Diqu
    • Paixao
    • Zou Kunnen
    • Aniquilacion
    I can't remember the exact details, but I believe Zou Kunnen to be the nature god who the Glaufaue worshipped and who gave them the chaos stones, and Paixao to be a god of magic, due to their spell/questline involving them.

So that would make Zou Kunnen a priest god potentially (nature and healing always tied in fantasy generally) and Paiaxo to be a mage god due to magic. These means one of the other two might be the "scout" god and tie in.

Places I would suggest looking at Nek Castle 2-3. Lots of weird **** gets dropped in there, and the Everling family are always good for hidden quests. Another few ideas would be taking to the fire elemental in North West nek (old tunnel to lavastorm), I use to check on them every 6 months but haven't since I quit/maybe dialogue locked behind ascension content. Sentinals Fate is home to a number of libraries and links to Theer, the void and potentially the old gods so check out the library in Sentinals Fate and see if any new NPCs have spawned. I mean, the E of the clue could be for Erudin. Finally, I would also suggest checking out the Estate of Unrest. It has linked to fear, hate etc. It is the site of a betrayal, after all.
    Zeddicious and Prissetta like this.
  8. Overwhelms New Member

In lore it suggest that Theer is the avatar of Existence.

Kander: I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation and I surround every place. What am I?
  9. Leiff New Member

Does anyone have, or can we get, a developers direct confirmation that the epic 2.0 quest starters are in the game as of today? The last official news I've heard on 2.0 is that you needed ascension level 5 to start them, not that they are actually in the game. A dev yea or nay, or a linked quote from a dev would be great.
  10. Edrickx Member

Didn't mean to piss in your koolaid, but yeah I quit playing the game for a while after they said it was going to be broken down into "campaigns" that would cost as much as an x-pack but only give a couple of zones. I came back just before KA to catch the quests up for its release.

So you knew all this beforehand and said nothing until I pointed it out, and I'm the ***? Sorry, but I am trying to figure out how to start this quest in Everquest 2, if you are not going to be helpful, maybe go back to WoW. I hear their new epic is given to them not earned.
  11. Edrickx Member

Just took Lea's advice and flew out to Unrest in BB, on the left side of the keep is a small bunker labeled "Mysterious Cache" inside are a bunch of scrolls and what not, only some of which I can click (I'm a fighter), one of which specifically says it is a fighter scroll I cannot read. Is this new or no?
  12. Trifonicx Member

Inside/Outside? /loc? Screenshot?
  13. Edrickx Member

BBM -342, 178, 1291 A monk guildie of mine could not see it. I told him all I have done since hitting 5 is found the helmet in qeynos (fighter only thing) and killed 4 rune theer.
    Trifonicx likes this.
  14. Trifonicx Member

I can not see this as a brigand... and I have killed roehn Theer hm order/chaos.
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

seems new. I went in adn there were 4 clickable items. 1 was bags of flour that was unspoilt and free of bugs. 1 was a crate with a symbol of a four armed creature I didn't recognize. 1 was the fighter scroll in a language I didn't know and one was a vase of scrolls that said there was a note on the outside of it saying 'visions of the slumbering one'

I'm going to check out Highkeep/phantom sewa since that's the only place 4 armed creatures roam (the Akheveans) and the slumbering one may be a referance to Theer/Kera being trapped in Luclin at age's end.
  16. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and what fighter helmet did you find in Qeynos, Edrick?
  17. Edrickx Member

The fighter helm was mentioned on eq2wire forums, as have other class specific items. Sleeper makes me think dragon in thurgadin or kerafim in sleepers tomb.
  18. Lojaak Well-Known Member

This cache isn't visible to me right now, both pre and post 4 rune theer. I've talked to the npc in antonica mentioned elswhere that talks more to priests (both before and after killing 4 rune theer). I'm wondering if I need to go look at the bush that only priests can see or something else.
  19. Edrickx Member

The guildie of mine still can't get in. He is monk betrayed from bruiser. He tried good and evil monk and evil bruiser. He still can't get in. IDK what allows me to get in, but I am at 6500 quests. A guardian on our server got in and said he has not fought theer in years.
  20. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Could it be AoM timeline? Don't think I've done that on this toon.