Run Speed...Beating a dead horse???

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Befallen_Valgav, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Befallen_Valgav Guest

Im sorry if I am beating a dead horse....however....is anyone else annoyed that Dirge's do not have th fastest run speed? Ive seen post's on EQ2flames...and to be honest I havent seen any on here...
    I think we need a general outcry from the dirge/bard community asking that this issue be addressed and fixed. YES I know this is NOT EQ1...however one of the reasons I made my dirge was to be able to run past people on mounts (wishful thinking T8) now we have other classes easily able to keep up with if not pass dirges in run speed??? Come on SOE please...pretty please with suger on top (or my exwife...wait bad thought sorry) please toss us a bone. I dont think giving Dirges an upgrade to their run speed is "game busting" it would certainly make alot of dirges happy. The last update to our run song (correct me if Im wrong) as level 55....thats 25 levels without an upgrade!! IF we spend AAs in it we can get them up to 45% 55% with Jboots?
    Please will someone actually address this issue? Im beggin...arasai down on my knees beggin you (pathetic aint it)....please address this issue.
  2. ARCHIVED-jadsded Guest

I plan to /feedback (or maybe /bug) this every time I log on. Stating that Selos is missing its 2 upgrades (69 and 79). If everyone does this we probably still won't see anything change, but at least we would be getting our voices heard as the devs probably look into those more often (pretty clear they don't read the dirge boards...).
  3. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

Run speed of bards isn't beating a dead horse. That issue already qualifies as necrophilia .

Run speed is to bards, what ammo mechanics are to rangers: a problem that has been around for years. The devs follow their usual Fear (threaten with nerfs, lock threads), Uncertainty (vague comments) and Doubt (anybody actually reading here?) strategy on things like that . Most of the time "run speed for bards" threads just die after a long discussion because people realise that nobody (except bards) cares .
  4. ARCHIVED-Melodee Guest

Doesn't one of the devs run a bard? I would think whoever it is would understand our complaint. It's nauseating when a bard, infamous for our blazing speed, gets outrun by an ordinary Norrathian! I think the /feedback from all of us is a great idea and I plan to begin my campaign as soon as I get home.

**edited because spam wasn't a very good word to use LOL **
  5. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Yeah, being able to run at 54% with J-boots (no racial runspeed bonus, and I don't even have the Selo's AA maxed out) is so horrible. I honestly don't know how I live from day to day.
  6. ARCHIVED-Figment_ Guest

So with 6 aa spent, and jboots, you are a little slower than a ranger with 5 aa spent, and no jboots?
    and that is a groupwide buff?
    you are 1% slower than the solctice earring +jboots. or enhanced warden Sow (also 5 points) + jboots.
    you are only 4% faster than a racial temporary sprint buff, and 1% slower if they have their runspeed racial ability.
    It is not awful for sure, but after being the kings and queens of overland speed in the 1st game, and for a good time in this one as well, we get no way to regain our crown?
  7. ARCHIVED-Befallen_Valgav Guest

Of course Ive been waiting for the reply's from people who don't play bards to chime in with the "quit your whinning" posts....*sigh....

But I like the /feedback thing and I made a macro for it I hit every 10-20 min :)

Great idea...might be like spitting into a strong wind for all the good it will do me...but I can keep hope alive
  8. ARCHIVED-Melodee Guest

Menaelin wrote:
    **grins** spoken like a true not-bard :p No offense intended, of course!
  9. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Umm, what? I am a bard. That is my runspeed. 54% with J-boots.

Question (because I honestly don't know): Does the ranger have to give up anything useful in order to put those 5AA into runspeed? Does the Warden have to give up anything useful to get theirs (I'm assuming not, since on my Fury I've got more points than I know how to spend in my subclass tree)?

Because honestly, I put those extra 2 points into the Selo's AA because I had nowhere else seriously good to put them and figured that I might as well do something convenient for myself.

The one thing I've learned, playing EQ2 since launch, is that it's a fool's game to approximate any aspect of it to EQ1. I'm not sure why people are so intent on messing up their blood pressure by participating in such a useless enterprise. If we're going to talk about making EQ2 bards more like EQ1 bards, we'd do far better to save quibbles about runspeed for last.
  10. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Menaelin wrote:
    even if you filter EQ1 out of the discussion there is the part off a buff not updating in its intended level ranges......
  11. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

firza wrote:
    Are you really making this argument? Why not update SoW then? Or just give everybody Pathfinding updates? Selo's doesn't have quality upgrades (Adept I, III, Master I, etc). I think this already implies that Selo's is a special buff that will be upgraded as deemed necessary by the devs, not on a set upgrade rotation like the other spells and abilities. I mean, we can argue about whether the devs SHOULD upgrade it or not, but I don't think the argument that it should be upgraded like all the other spells "just because" is worth very much, since it's obviously not like the other spells in nature.
  12. ARCHIVED-skerry Guest

Guys, cmon - all this argument does is make Dirges look bad. Kings and queens of overland travel? Who cares? I have never, not even once, been invited to a group because of my Leet run speed abilities.

What we are as dirges, is kings and queens of DPS enchancement. Screw the run speed. 54% with JBoots is just fine, anything more than that would be a bonus but certainly not class defining or game breaking. Crying because our little feet don't run faster is truly amazing. However, it is a good sign I guess - if our run speed is what has people complaining I guess us dirges are pretty set as a class.
    And before anyone comes out with the typical assumption, yeah I am an 80 dirge and have been perfectly happy with 54%. Would faster be a "nice" thing - certainly, but I am absolutely not going to cry because I am not the fastest runner in the game.
    We debuff the crap out of mobs, we buff the hell out of our melee folks, we do better than average DPS with the ability to NOT get hit much so our survivability and soloability are top notch, we are desired in any group that has a clue - but we don't run the fastest, OUTRAGE!
    /boggle.
  13. ARCHIVED-skerry Guest

Stupid work internet - sorry for double post,
  14. ARCHIVED-Asdran Guest

I'm with Skerry on this one. Really, is that the most broken thing you can find for a class? Runspeed? sheesh.

Dirge is one of the most consistent, coherent classes I've played, and who got the nicest epic.
  15. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

Menaelin wrote:
    That is still slower than my Inquisitor who runs at 55% with Jboots and no AA expense whatsoever. All it takes are a few silver for a totem and everybody can be faster than a bard.
  16. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Belaythien wrote:
    Congrats!
  17. ARCHIVED-Neferrah Guest

skerry wrote:
    I understand your point, but I don't agree. If you played on a PvP server you would understand why we need to run faster.
  18. ARCHIVED-AndrewSquared Guest

If I remember correctly, the jboots quest talks about bards all over competing in message delivery quests. The whole lore is that bards are the swiftest, and carry messages because of their knowledge of news, events, and music. Being out run by other classes is ridiculous as a bard. I think that they should have a selo's at 60% baseline at least by the time you hit level 80. There is nothing game breaking about it. The only advantage is that bards won't have to dish out lots of plat for a mount, which I doubt many do now as is for anything other than aesthetic reasons. Sure, dirges are a well made, completely fleshed out creature, but he has a pimple, and it's name is selo's.
  19. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

Re-Roll Ranger
    LOL.
    :p
  20. ARCHIVED-nomand Guest

Yea Roll a Ranger thier boasting of getting upto 75% run speed.
    Doesnt this go against the dev response in an earlier thread about how run speed breaks game mechanics and thats why there not increasing bard speed.