Run Speed...Beating a dead horse???

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Befallen_Valgav, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Melodee Guest

Xenithia@Crushbone wrote:
    How would this be possible when I have it from an inside source ((namely, trying to outrun one)) that guides run up to 95%?
  2. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

With Droag Swill Ive run at 100% so the whole it breaks the game this is BUNK! and has been for quite some time.
  3. ARCHIVED-ChopperDawg Guest

One of the furies in our guild out runs me with EASE, running sow, aa's and jboots. WHat's up with that. It used to be the dirge gave a group its speed and everyone stayed close. Now, I'm lucky to keep up with the group. Matter of fact I HAVE to wear jboots to keep up. Sigh......make me faster please please please, just a little. Oh yeah, and don't get started on the damn ranger speed......I play a pvp server and it is sooooo annoying when they can EASILY out run me. Ok im done, hope that helps get us more speed, WOOT!
  4. ARCHIVED-Overburnzz Guest

i am going back to my warden this slow *** run speed sux ***
  5. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

ChopperDawg wrote:
    SHENANIGANS!!!!!!

FURIES get a Safefall to their SoW.

Wardens get an increase to speed.

Fix this to warden and the Shenanigans will be removed!
  6. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Actually, the Fury safefall thing is attached to their Predator self-buff line, and it isn't an actual safefall, it's just a falling damage reduction. You still take damage from falling the same distances, you just take less.
  7. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Overburnzz Guest

ooooh Menaelin pwned that a55
  9. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

The only utility rangers bring to a group is their runspeed.
    Make bards run faster and rangers will lose even that.
    THINK OF THE RANGERS !
  10. ARCHIVED-Jesterzzn Guest

Giland@Guk wrote:
    Alright, that's fair. Give Dirge's Ranger DPS and we'll call it even.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zaviur Guest

Kithian@Permafrost wrote:
    You also forgot to add that with aa's a warden's auto attack is about twice what yours is and a fury will pwn your dps no matter what the group make up is.
  12. ARCHIVED-skidmark Guest

Take away SoW/Pathfinding AA enhancements from Wardens/Ranger/Mystics and everything will be good.
  13. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Menaelin wrote:
    finally stopped slacking to inform your noobishnes why....:
    lvl 27: SELO'S RYTHM OF SPEED
    LVL 41: SELO'S ACCELERATING CHORUS
    LVL 55: SELO'S SPEED OF SOUND

As bars have spell line we urge SOE to stop slacking and actually update our spelline with the lvl 69 and T8 version of this spell line.

end of argument....gimme
  14. ARCHIVED-Hugsnkissums Guest

[IMG]
    *whack**whack*whack**whack*
  15. ARCHIVED-Nadain Guest

Menaelin wrote:
    I disagree with this part for one reason. What is the official name of this game we play? EVERQUEST 2
    Yes there should be very strong ties to the first game and not just in name but also in game mechanics. Through the entire lore/history of EVERQUEST 1 the bard was the fastest around and now all of a sudden he is not. Why? There are a lot of good reasons of why they should be and not one good reason for why they are not.
  16. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

As much as I agree that our runspeed fails (I spent 32p on a midnight mistrunner, fer cryin' out loud!) I'll also be the first to admit that in the grand scheme of things Dirges are one of the most balanced and useful and fun classes around, I love playing a Dirge. And if this issue doesn't get any attention, I sincerely hope it's because the development team is doing something to fix the classes that need it, like Coercers and Berserkers.
  17. ARCHIVED-Azmodiaz Guest

SOE doesnt care about bards. It doesnt even care about its playerbase. It openly cheats at its own game (see the EQ2Flames.com threads with evidence). Devs give HUGE boons to the classes/races they play, and ignore others, they ignore players requests and instead focus on things that arent important to anyone.
    Bards have been asking for run speed since release, and SOE has lied repeatedly about why it cant do it. or when it will do it. Somehow however, oddly enough, my lvl 30 Fae Ranger can hit burst speeds of 95%. They are never going to fix this, ever. Why? There isnt a dev who plays a bard, thats why.
    You need to be aware of something: SOE doesnt care about you, or any of us. They dont care about anything but your subscription dollars. This is why everyone in end game EQ2 is currently leaving. Bad customer service, GMs and Devs cheating by being in World Firsting Raid guilds, and openly leaking strats to guild leadership so their guild can brag about how they are the top dogs, (check EQ2Flames.com), and straight up bad game design, bad itemization, and bad/broken combat mechanics.
    Do yourself a favor, cancel all your accounts and take up a new hobby, like watching paint dry. Its more rewarding than this mess.
    Im sure some heavy handed over zealous board admin will come and delete this post,like they always do when anyone says anything that isnt glowing praise of thier little game, and it will happen as soon as some rabid fanboi reports it for being negative (ironicly, that rabid fanboi will have 6 lvl 14 toons, and 1 lvl 35, and will be totally positive he knows everything, and this is the greatest MMO ever made) but screw it. It needs to be said.
    Dont delude yourself into thinking EQ2 will ever fix bards. You will have a better chance of your hopes comeing true if you put them into WHO or AOC.
    Sad huh? Your tellin me, I wasted 4 years waiting on them to fix bards, and its never happened.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

Azmodiaz wrote:
    Theres a good chance that I am just as agrivated as you are about our runspeed, but your post sounds like a whole lot of bandwagon rant. First off, you havent been waiting four years for this fix... as your account hasnt been active that long (ie the date next to your username), second... practice what you preach... as your account is obviously still active(can I have your stuff when you do decide to leave?). Oh and you know that neither AoC or WHO have bards right? Sorry for the negativity, but your frustration stems from issues outside of this topic.

That being said... I wholeheartedly agree, so please give us a current level Selos!
  19. ARCHIVED-Azmodiaz Guest

Lindar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
  20. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

Really my only point (which admittedly wasn't communicated very clearly) was that there are other places for a rant such as this one... and that its pretty sad if Bard runspeed was the source of all this frustration. From your rants and sig though it looks like your just on a mission to get banned... good luck on that one!