Run Speed...Beating a dead horse???

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Befallen_Valgav, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Aaramis Guest

The sad truth is that no matter how many Bards complain that speed has nothing to do with the Bard class, there will be an equal number of Bards who insist that it does. In fact, a number of Bards have openly admitted that they rolled a Bard specifically because of Selo's, and wanting to have a speedy little Scout. So the whole run speed issue IS of importance to the Bard community, and any Bards who insist it isn't are just fooling themselves.
    Personally, I long for the days of overland travel like in EQ1 where a Bard not only ran faster than light, but also levitated, and had invis / see invis as well. And I'd wager a vast majority of complaints are from ex-EQ1 Bards who long for some of their past glory (sorry folks. I guess in the past 400 or so years, Bards forgot how to use instruments, and lost the ability to cast levitate, fear, etc., etc.? :p).
    Up the base runspeed, or add another fluff ability to the pre-existing Selo's (i.e. levitate, invis, etc.) and Bards would be happier than you can imagine.
    Yes, this is a dead horse. But Bards wouldn't still be beating away at it several years later if they didn't feel it was important, would they?
  2. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

Aaramis wrote:
    Maybe this is all a clever commentary on the evolution of popular music since the start of the 80s?
  3. ARCHIVED-Aaramis Guest

4. ARCHIVED-rvbarton Guest

I agree with the OP. Bards should have the fastest runspeed in game, followed by shaman, then druids. Yes, in THAT order! :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Azmodiaz Guest

This is SOEs answer to the run speed debacle that they have pushed upon us for the last 4 years.
    Marrow's Song - EQ2i
    Notice its primary only- you cant use it in your off hand with your epic, and have to swap it in and out like Jboots to get the effect. Whats that leave us? Im on my way to a raid, let me swap in some Jboots, a Ring, a Mainhand weapon, spend a ton of AA points and cast my speed buff, and now I can run as fast as a druid with SoW.
    O and If im not on the ball, I might accidently toss myself off the nearest cliff using this setup, cause of the stupid ring.
    Thanks SOE, thanks alot.
  6. ARCHIVED-Scorched Guest

Also notice that this is "In-Combat" movement speed, not a full time buff. Don't forget to whack that moss snake on your way out the door before it kicks you.
    If that last sentence didn't give it away, yes I've been playing since the beginning of EQ1. I've been waiting for this fix/update song for 4 years like many of you. Come on Sony, you know it's really bad when even other classes are sticking up for the change. You also just addressed Druid SoW with GU47, so don't say run speed tweaking isn't being done out of lack of priority.
  7. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Azmodiaz wrote:
    No, it's not really, The info on EQ2i is wrong. But still...random raid loot doesn't fix missing spells. (I want my 69 and 80 speed buffs! But...not bad enough to stop playing if I don't get it, EQ2 is still the best MMO out there.)
  8. ARCHIVED-Hugsnkissums Guest

Seriously?! This topic...again?! Let it die people. Runspeed is hardly class defining. So Bards got off their drug addicted past that allowed them to run at gawd aweful speeds and today all we're doing is looking back at the past and reliving the good ol' days? I'm glad the taxi service days are over. Besides, the fastest way to get from point A to point B is porting these days. OoOOoOOo, let's twist some developer's arm and see if we can make that happen instead? Just blinking in and out from one spot to the next is just faster anyway. Or better yet, lets get some legal speed hack put into the game ONLY for us bards /nodnodnod *rolls eyes*
    Come on guys...let the dead horse be. Things could be much worse then they are...at least we're not as bad off as SKs are. You want to instantly feel better about being a dirge, pop over to those forums for a few threads.
  9. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Hugsnkissums wrote:
    On the contrary, I don't think we're bad off at all...as I've said before, I think Dirge is one of the most balanced, versatile, useful and fun classes around! (And I guess those dang Troubies fall in this category as well [grumble])

I just think we're missing 2 spells (13-Selo's Accelerando; 27-Selo's Rhythm of Speed; 41-Selo's Accelerating Chorus; 55-Selo's Speed of Sound; 69-??; 80-??)
  10. ARCHIVED-Lithran Guest

Well just got back from Vegas and Fan Faire yesterday morning.

I am of course a dirge, and I was SO happy to see this. This is a picture of the new AA tree structure they are going for, and of all the classes, this was the ONLY new ability they mouse hovered over to show the tool tip. For those who cannot read it " Improves the out of combat run speed by 20%". Now I cannot tell but it looks like only 1 point is spent in it, with a total of 8? That must be wrong. But oh wow, it it ain't!!!. It's blurry and I am sorry for that, it was dark and the angle I was at was bad. I was lucky to even get a front row seat. I got there 40 minutes early.

[IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Lady Shai Guest

omg...you mean...
    I dont have to hit that dead horse again?
    I might not be outrun by a freakin wiz?
    I might......be a BARD with RUN SPEED??
    My world is crashing around me... it must be a dream....bard love....wow... this is EQ2 right??
    This is the right game???
    My dirge is going to pass out in a few if this is actually true. She gets a bit dramatic, she does.
  12. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

60 points total....10point per line to be able to put points into the next line.........

And what DONT I get to spend points on if I want to use AAs for my Seleo's upgrade?

Also.....is that a new ability in the DIrge Tree or do we get an AA to increase an AA?

Oh and DEAR G-D, or satan, or Zenthu.. please let the AA for our self buff be something like a stance and not more proc rate or more AGI
  13. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

TBH after checking the aa's last night I'd have to say that you won't be sacrificing anything earth shattering to max out your runspeed, there's plenty of aa's to max out the stuff that matters and the rest is just playstyle.
    So maybe you won't do extra critical damage with your voice nuke or something if you go with max speed but its not a bad tradeoff imo.
    I think I was at 79% without jboots last night. It felt pretty darn good.
  14. ARCHIVED-Eternus Guest

Was the NDA lifted?
  15. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

I believe that is a picture taken during fanfaire so doesn't fall under the NDA since it was publically displayed
  16. ARCHIVED-Eternus Guest

I was referring to the person right above me posting their runspeed % on the beta server.
  17. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Glox@Blackburrow wrote:
    No it hasn't
  18. ARCHIVED-Lady Shai Guest

well if rumours are true that I have heard...guess my bard wont be getting her run speed after all :( I'll have other things that I will need to spend points on...
    /le sigh guess it was a dream
  19. ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil Guest

My ranger with Jboots is at 73% runspeed.

My Barbarian Zerker with his warg and the 5% buff from the new Stable Hand amminity in the guild hall is at 55%.......Bards are getting the sharp splintery stick in an uncomfortable orrafice if you ask me.
  20. ARCHIVED-Val Guest

As a dirge...I'm SLOWER than fat expletive waddling bear?! C'mon!