Rivervale: Live Heroic Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by dreamweaver, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow! Not only is Rivervale Free Trade, but get this from tomorrow's patch notes (bolded items):

GENERAL
    • When hailed by characters who have completed the quest “Yet more "Travels" of Yun Zi - Altering the Altar”, Yun Zi will check for and fix missing account flags that allow purchasing goods from Pas Yu.
    • Mercenary training time has been reduced by 50%.
    • Mount training time has been reduced by 50%.
    Well well well, it's great to see the sub-only server contributing much faster mount and merc leveling than the glacial F2P servers' end game leveling speed! :cool:
    Now where are those research pot drops, Daybreak! :p
    But thank you for listening and caring.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-november-5-2019.591099/
  2. parissa Well-Known Member

Is that just for for riverdale? It's not under riverdale but under general with the fix for the panda too... either way omg yes... stupid merc killing me when I forget to hit the research button ☹
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Your prejudice against F2P is showing again...the faster levelling is in general, and has nothing to do with the sub-only server.
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

now they spit it out Rivervale is also a free trade server
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. variando41 New Member

Can anyone tell me pls , are there p2w elements on the new server? Thx.
  6. parissa Well-Known Member

If your are referencing marketplace then yes... all stuff available except teansfers... I think the only server that has restrictions with marketplace is tle server... but I dont play on that one so it sure...
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

The whole marketplace is in, yes, plus the Loyalty Vendors are in town and there are free L95 baubles for every character made.

One T1 rare already goes for multiple plat, in other words, and the server hasn't been open for 24 hours yet. ;)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I'm level 95 and have my AA and hotbars all setup... now what? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or what zone to go to. I haven't seen any groups forming in world chat, so I assume everyone is just soloing to level cap somewhere with mercs. I went to some of the level 95+ zones but they were all empty.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I see a bunch in Qeynos Harbor. Probably they're all as lost as you and nervous about getting out there too, lol. Try there.

But you may want to roll a level 1, level up with people and get used to things again if you've been out of the loop on end game for a while. This isn't specifically a "level 95 start server," after all. It's just a buff available on Rivervale that will propel players into buying Luclin sooner. ;)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Chrissdae Active Member

Use the Shattered Seas blue bauble thing they give you in the inventory. That will take you to the expac they are recommending to start with. The quest starter has been moved, and she is right there on the docks waiting for you. Just hope they fix the spawnings soon, pretty slow going waiting for spawns around the tower last night. It was a really nice surprise to find the AA's already set up. Oh, and equip all the new armor they give you too.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Oh ok it sound like people elsewhere have problems with that too .
    I don't know about that in other zones , but there are no more harvestables and no shinnies anywhere
    I also bugged it most likely one of several people who reported this, the spawn rate is just way low .
  12. aindriu Member

I am thinking of starting on this server. I want to make a halfling brigand, because I like the ability to debuff mobs, and I feel brigands are under-rated and not many people will be playing them.

My next decision is to start from scratch or start with an heroic character. What do you make of it? Are there many people starting from scratch and will it be a fast exp grind?

Cheers,
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. feldwebel87 Active Member

If you are wanting to start from scratch and want a fast grind, might as well just start from level 95. I tried it, and decided I will be deleting my character and not using the boost for several reasons. If you aren't familiar with the class, you will suddenly have a whole plethora of new abilities you won't know how to use. You can spend time reading the descriptions, but they may turn into a bigger chore because you will be cross referencing terms used and start boosts using another resource. To be blunt, it feels like too much at once if you don't know what you are doing. Starting fresh allows you to ease into learning how to play your class and what abilities are useful as you gradually gain them. It really depends on what you want.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  14. aindriu Member

Hey guys,

I loaded up a halfling swashbuckler, wanting to betray him yesterday. I got the 95 token and used it. You get an item that unlocks gear, so I used that and equipped my freshly geared 95.

I then spent ages doing the betrayal questline. I spent hours doing it yesterday, to get my halfling to brigand.

Once I got my brigand, I rejoiced, but then i cried. The level 95 armour would not fit my brigand and was just for swashbuckle.

So, now I don't know what to do. I wasted hours creating a halfing brigand, only for him to be useless. I don't have any money on the character to buy gear, and even if I did, I don't think people will be making gear yet.

There also seems to be a harvesting bug too.

So, just a heads up on anyone wanting to do the betrayal with the 95 token - your gear won't work after the betrayal.

:(
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

While it might not be as good as the heroic gear, you should be able to get vendor gear from the city for a stop gap. Might be at a lower level, but it tends to be cheap and will give you the chance to do any level 90+ solo timeline and gear up that way.
  16. jblackfox Member

Just a short comment. If you try to start at level 1 be aware that the low levels sites I have tried are borked beyond belief. I have found one (1) shiny and harvesting is very difficult. It looks to me like they decided to force everyone to start a 95 + and just short stopped level one activity.
  17. parissa Well-Known Member

It is a bug and it is not just the beginner zones... dbg is aware of the issue and are working on it... it's also not just rivervale affected by this... hopefully the patch today will fix it
    Siren, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Every server including all live servers and Kaladim are affected by this. And Kaladim was still affected by the harvest node issue last night at 9 pm Mountain.
    parissa, Siren and Breanna like this.
  19. Jovie Well-Known Member

Unless you roll a halfling swashbuckler and betray, you cannot be a brigand. It is a class for evil/neutral races only.