Rivervale: Live Heroic Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by dreamweaver, Oct 30, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Siren, Saints and parissa like this.
  2. parissa Well-Known Member

Bummed about no transfers, but oh well.... Will still give it a shot... So on claims we will be able to use or heroic boost characters too? Actually I am gonna edit this a touch... I am really excited about this... I remember when IoR first came out... 6 days and counting....
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

So... What exactly is the point of this server other than a fresh economy?

Can anyone at DBG explain the logic behind this server in terms of a player perspective, what exactly is meant to make me want to play here?
  4. Kodamungus Active Member

Progression without being time boxed I guess. I kind of wish they'd let it be a new fresh server without any kind of boosting at all. That would be more interesting.
    Pixistik, Cyrrena and Obano like this.
  5. Saints Member

As someone that has struggled a bit to find my way into the worlds of EQ2, I very much welcome a place that I can start fresh and enjoy the content of the game. TLE/TLP Servers have been a fantastic introduction for me to the game, however they feel more like Seasons and it seems players retreat to the live servers until the next content drop comes around.

Perhaps this is just the ticket I need to really enjoy what EQ2 has to offer. At least I have a little bit of time to sort the struggles of picking a class/race. ;)
    Nele, Cuelaen, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  6. TechUp Active Member

I have a question about this statement:
    • Any new character on a heroic server is granted a level boost bauble that will enable them to jump directly into some of the more recent content, boosting to level 90 with a gear set that will set you on your path in the Phantom Seas (released in 2014’s Altar of Malice expansion).
    Altar of Malice started at level 95, not level 90. Is there a plan to re-tune that content to level 90?
    [IMG]
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The post has been updated, it appears there was some confusion about the passage of time which can get pretty touch and go when so much magic is being used.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

An update that will hopefully answer your question has been added.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, parissa and 2 others like this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'll be staying where I am. There's absolutely nothing about this new server that will entice me to make a character on it - no special rule set that attracts. It's *just* another live server.

All power to those that think it's the bee's knees - good for you, and I wish you all enjoyment and happiness playing there.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I hate starting over, I have all my back up now LOL I would have to do all 9 crafters again to make my stuff, nope, not gonna do it. I tried Kaladim for a bit and just couldn't handle it not being able to make and upgrade my stuff. Whenever I feel nostalgic I just mentor down and go back and do things, or make another character to start from scratch. It's hard starting all over again with no help.
    Juraiya, Pixistik, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

I wish they had rebalanced the end game and made research pots a common drop to help combat the heavy grind/pay to win, but they didn't. And there was no explanation of why it's a sub-only server, either, which leaves me with my previous belief that they're avoiding F2P because those 4 servers are overrun with free players who pay nothing to support the game.

It appears Daybreak is more interested in the quick buck of new mount and housing purchases while collecting subs, too, with the plan of merging into AB probably a year down the line once everybody bails out of the end game. That's certainly disappointing.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Creating another server will only serve to further spread out an already low player population. It will negatively impact the other live servers, especially in the beginning (not to mention poor Kaladim).

Most of the people still playing this game are veterans who have played fairly consistently from the start. How many times can those same players truly want to start over from scratch again and again before it wears thin.

I with they had focused their energy on fixing the many problems that exist presently in game. Having said that, if people are excited about this, then best wishes to them.
  13. Xevran Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why this server is sub only, it's just a regular server with nothing special about it... Starting at 90 is meaningless when 90-100+ is by far the slowest/worst part of leveling.
    Juraiya, Mizery, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The existing servers are not exactly 'overrun' with players, either F2P or sub. Although I would interested to know on what Siren bases her/his assertion that free players pay nothing to support the game. Is there a credible/reputable source available, or is it simply blind prejudice?
    Mizgamer62 and Breanna like this.
  15. Nilyana Active Member

I understand the concerns about splitting the existing population. It is rather low on some servers. Still, as someone recently trying to get back into the end game, a fresh start with a new group of people is appealing. Especially with the 95 boost, since that’s all content I’ve done many times. Looking forward to giving it a try, hope it goes well.
    Cyrrena, parissa, Dude and 3 others like this.
  16. Alarra Well-Known Member

From what I understand, this server is aimed at returning players.
    I won't be joining it at I am a current Live player. But, I think it is great for the target:
    • People who want to start an expansion without the huge gap of tithe(80 to 100), completed quests, ethereals, achievement based adornments, Pre-levelled Ascension abilities.
    • Non-plat dup inflated economy..(3 million plat for a sparkly mount anyone?)
    • Box groups need to have all their accounts paid to box
    • Harassers can't make a F2P throw away account so that their main account doesn't get banned.
      (Although they can make a paid/krono'd account to get banned, but there is a ceiling to this)
    • Broker garbage is reduced.
    Dreamweaver:
    Question 1:
    Is it going to be possible to transfer from Rivervale to a different Live Server?
    Will this have reduced rates?
    Question 2:
    Will Plat based infusion be reduced for 2-3 months until the economy gets up to levels where it can be sustained?
    Question 3: (Not directly related to the new server)
    When power regeneration is "fixed" will the Chaos Descending zones' power drains be re-balanced?
    (Once the new expac is released)
    Question 4: (Not directly related to the new server)
    Will Chaos Descending's Heroic/Raid zone mechanics have Bulwark and player count requirements removed?
    (Once the new expac is released)
    Juraiya, Nele, Rarkevan and 2 others like this.
  17. variando41 New Member

Maybe im alone whit this but i just cannot see the logic here. Whats the point opening new sub base server if there is the same things on it, still p2w elements, lvl 95 boost option really? I guess as returning player i wont be return. I just gave up on this game... Its just sad. I played 2005-2010, my best mmo experince was that time. I tried lots of other mmos on the market, but neither of them was there.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Every single new feature (even bringing back the old neighborhoods) and server type (TLs, PvP and Event servers) have been put behind a sub paywall for years now. Even this new "live" server is sub only.

Daybreak is quite clearly leaving free players out of everything they possibly can. If free players overall on the 4 F2P servers (which mostly house grandfathered silvers) were contributing financially to EQ2 in any meaninful way, then Daybreak would still be catering to them, not barring them from everything they can. It's common sense; they have to feed their families and pay upkeep, maintenance and new development costs somehow.

Recently, Daybreak has also reduced the Heroic gear that free players can equip (starting with lowbie gear), even forcing previously-attuned gear to pop back off of free characters. Clearly many people on the F2P servers roll new alts instead of leveling to cap to avoid paying for the pay to win end game grind (which was only bolted on after F2P and never existed when EQ2 was sub-only), so now Daybreak is putting the squeeze on them to sub up on lowbie characters.

The only ones in denial about this situation are free players paying nothing or next to nothing to support EQ2. It's an uncomfortable truth that they push away by pretending that someone else on the free servers is paying everyone's way.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Sadly not.

This seems like a big oppurtunity missed to make something new and enticing. But honestly all I see here is a way of splitting the current populations apart even more. The only reasoning I see in the post is that you can join a new community. I could do that with a server transfer and not lose all my progress.

The server is also locked behind a sub, with no benefits over a F2P enabled server. Perhaps if this server included access to all expacs without having to purchase them, it may be more worthwhile of paying a monthly fee.
    Siren, Rhodris and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. Jovie Well-Known Member

Can i delete the bauble and play from level 1? Call me the the minority, but i have no desire to start at 95.
    Nele and LarendalAB like this.