Rivervale: Live Heroic Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by dreamweaver, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

So no changes to the millions of plat required to play CD content, which is a main reason people can't catch up on live. If Luclin does not give new gear and a smooth plat free/plat reasonable gear progression, it's not worth investing the time in this server bc you still can't catch up with a new economy.
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

How does that compare with the average live server economy? Is 130k considered a lot these days?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Krono are 3million on most servers, but a lot of the plat on those other servers is around from plat dupes etc. that existed before now. It would take quite a while for people to get a substantial plat income on RV.
    Mizgamer62 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Which has always been the case, but it seems like it's only in recent years that the economy has completely exploded. Besides which, even without XP pots people are going to be max level fairly quickly. Seems like a non-issue.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Ah, OK, I figured as much. Napkin math suggests it would take over 39 years' worth of loyalty tokens to buy a Krono on a live server. Ouch.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Julesholland Active Member

Just a random question, do you still have to do the Kunark Ascended signature line to get ascensions, the thought of getting all the pre quests done for that gives me the shivers!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Yep, and your epic 2.0 to get the fragments to upgrade spells (Unless happy with base level ones)
    Mizgamer62 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

So, no actual hard evidence to support your assertion that F2P players do not pay anything to support the game. Just a conclusion based on prejudice. I understand your desire for a fully sub-only game as it originally was, but F2P is here to stay. Don't want to play with those horrible, stinky F2P players? Play on a TLE or sub-only server. But realise that circumstances are different for each person who plays, and surely having folks running around the world of Norrath, no matter what account type they have, is better than a nearly deserted one.

The key point in your post is the part that I have put in bold - pay to win end game. I agree with you that DBG is trying to move more into this area to make more profit, and to do this they are restricting further what is available to those who are F2P. This does not, however, mean that F2P players do not spend money on the game, simply that DBG feels they can make more profit by fleecing those at end game (who seem quite ok with that).

Just as an FYI, I have a sub, but play on the F2P servers. I roll new alts rather than buy into the end game chase.

I understand that DBG is a business and has bills/overheads to pay etc. Increasing their player base, both sub and F2P would be a good step, rather than relying on milking end game players for as much as they possibly can get out of them. RIP "play your way".

Edit: grammar...
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Damn, looking at the Mage epic, that's a pretty hefty list of prerequisites. Basically touches stuff from almost every expac. I guess that's why they call it epic.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Just do not use the bauble.
    Jovie and Siren like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They would either have to take the plat bags off the loyalty merchant, or limit them to a purchase of 1 bag every 24 hours or 48 hours, but that could bleed to the other servers which would cause the pitchforks, tar, and feathers to come out.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

But you have seen the price of Kronos on a new server. On Kaladim, the first Kronos to go on the broker were going for 20 gold, they didn't hit 1 plat until the end of the second week of the server being online. So imagine how many Kronos you could scoop up with your 130,000 plat.
    Siren, Breanna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Saints Member

Apologies for my ignorance on this, but is F2P actual a viable way to play and enjoy the game? I know in the past there was a mess of a F2P system with limitations, I'm aware a lot of those have changed. However, I've not put enough time into EQ2 to know one way or another how the current systems are.

Anytime I have played with either Live or TLE servers I've always just subscribed. However my MMO experience originate from a time when that was standard. Even when I'm on an MMO with no sub I tend to drop a little bit in if I'm genuinely enjoying myself.

As an inexperienced EQ2 player that has played (mostly) off and on since 2005 and never really found my footing in the game, I'm really looking forward to the possibility of Rivervale giving me a chance to join in without feeling 15 years behind other players that have been through the ups and downs. Perhaps I'll even be ready to get in on the expansion when it drops... that is the dream at least.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Nobody will be listing Krono for 20g... Not when you can go kill any AoM mob and gain like 5p for a kill

People will start selling them about 3 days in most likely when they can start asking ridiculous prices. If people aren't putting them up for 500k on day 1, I'd be amazed.
    Cyrrena, Korochun and Rhodris like this.
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You’d have to be clinically insane to sell krono on a brand new server for anything less than an extortionate price.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

F2P on EQ2 is nowhere as limited as other games with a mixed-model payment system (e.g. SWTOR). Yes, there are some limitations, but they are not really that bad, if you just want a casual game to muck around in, rather than serious end-game raiding/heroics etc. I have a number of F2P accounts (to set up my own guild), and sometimes muck about on one or other of them, just for the h**l of it. Lots of fun.

I'm just not a sub-snob. I understand that sometimes life gets in the way and people have to watch their $$. If having a F2P option keeps someone enjoying Norrath and maintaining a population on a server, I'm all for it. F2P can use the broker, if they buy (i.e. spend real money) broker credits. I don't - I have a sub. If they want to fast travel, they also have to spend DBG cash, bought with real money. I don't - I have a sub.

To be honest, it's highly likely (supposition only, unable to be proven) that your average F2P player spends more than I do per month. I have a 3-month sub, so I don't even pay full monthly price and, other than the standard expansion cost (just the basic version) once a year, I do not spend ANY other money on the game.

Edit: extra words, don't need 'em.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

People came to the game with PoP or CD and did not have to do KA to get ascensions. Panda bauble. Panda should be in game bc this is just another live server. Maybe Dreamweaver can clarify.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I just tried using it and it wouldn’t let me. Unless I got the wrong one, obviously. I’ve not done any KA stuff on my account though.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Are you a member? All the panda stuff is member only.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Mountbatten like this.
  20. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yep, I can buy it, just doesn’t let me consume it. Cant remember the message it gave me but it was something along the lines of not meeting the requirements.