Rise of Kunark

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Mirander_1, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-initocian Guest

Iksar/Dragon but I believe that they Sarnak are the ugliest most unworthy race on Norrath to be a playable race.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

[p]I dont' think they are going to wait for the next expansion to reveal a 'new' evil race, and it's already been stated by a DeV in one of the interview's after the release of EoF that this 'new' evil race is something that we already see in-game now. [/p][p]Most likely they will do what they did with the Frogloks and release an evil race in a live event and it'll be after Fan Faire. Of course that's just my opinion, but if the 'new' race is going to be a part of the expansion, expect a mid summer release.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Mican Guest

Initocian@Nektulos wrote:
    I said the same thing about frogloks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xxile Guest

man i cant wait to go home i dont care how it looks but i do hope they put alot of work into it.... wonder when they anounce it.
  5. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

There IS another possibility, you realize. They have trademarked 'Rise of Kunark', indicating that they are definitely going to produce a Kunark expansion. But what if RoK 2.0 (to use an earlier designation) is not the next planned release? Meaning what? Well, it is entirely possible that they have trademarked the name and are just now initiating work on it, with a planned release in 2008 or (God forbid) 2009. In the meantime, we will see something entirely different - perhaps 'new' content, or some other piece of 'revisited' content (Odus being the most likely, if this theory is correct), released in the interim. I would cheerfully accept either Kunark or Odus, mind you. But as I have maintained from the first time I saw someone mention a Kunark expansion, Sony cannot afford to rush it...it must be done with care and with an absurd amount of attention to detail. And it must be done right. Are these the words of a Devil's Advocate? Probably, especially to those who are really looking forward to seeing one of the better chunks of Norrath return. I'm just not getting my hopes up too much.
  6. ARCHIVED-bubbaj6 Guest

You're just mad because they kicked you out of Grobb! :p
  7. ARCHIVED-StrafaeSwiftleaf Guest

Frogloks belong in guk at the business end of a claymore, not as a playable race
  8. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

*hides in the shadows and snipes at all the amphibian haters*
  9. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

AegisCrown wrote:
    I really like your list and most of them seem quite reasonable. I doubt we'll ever see the return of epic quests vs premier quests. But if they do it per archetype it would be more likely.
  10. ARCHIVED-Allowen Guest

[p]I just hope that they finnay give to us necromancers the summon corpse spell !! Make RoK expansion hard that will require not just call of hero from conjurors but also the summon corpse as well .[/p][p]Also maybe they will finnaly be able to give us levitation/dead man floating line of buff even if it only single target and requires a concentration slot.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

[p] Well i dont think summon corpse would work since we dont leave behind corpses lol. Could probably give necromancers a short pet that comes from a dead ally...but that came from the top of my head and would probably make them "overpowered".[/p][p]This game isnt built to allow levitation unless they make it to where you can only hover a few inches above the ground lol and then just toss something special on deadman's floating/levitate (probably Enduring Breath for DMF but who knows...)[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Jaargen Guest

Actually we do leave corpses. When we die, we are a corpse. It is when we release or get ressed the corpse disapears. There are times when players die in bad spots that they can't be ressed. This can be problematic at times for various reasons. If a necromancer could summon a corpse to basically move a dead player so they can be safely ressed, this could be good. (sometimes going to a respawn spot can mess up a group or raid hunt.
  13. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

they were going to make the necro rezz summon the corpse to them when they rezzed with LU13 but they couldn't get it working on test and my guess is that is why they scrapped the idea. would definitely love to see a summon corpse ability though.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kazar II Guest

I'd like to see the Guild Homes added, with the higher lvl guilds having options for ships (even a gnomish style airship for KOS), bigger flying carpets for 2 or more (group size). Odd that flying races (Fae) would use a ground mount versus using fae-dragons or some other flying mount, hum can we say pegasus or big bug mounts. .... I know, keep dreaming
  15. ARCHIVED-Jairy Guest

My vote for the new race is the Chickens from DL! Poultry FTW! hehe
  16. ARCHIVED-TheGReddy Guest

[p]I think class specific weapon sets would be awesome. Like 1 item for Primary, Secondary, Ranged. Including a set bonus at 1 and 3. the only problem i see with that is that some classes(like sorcerers) have AAs that require the secondary to be clear, so it would be unfair that the only way to have a set bonus would be to take away some of your AAs.[/p][p]Also more Jewelry sets with bonuses. Like 1 item for neck, 2 different items for ears, 2 different items for rings, and 2 different items for wrists. That would be the same # of items like regular armour sets. Also bonuses at 3, 5, and 7.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-wesleyarts Guest

Any information about Vampires being a new evil race? I heard this in my server yesterday.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dewlix Guest

Allowen wrote:
    That would be nice. I would also like to see "Corpse Drag" brought back...as a Rogue in EQ1, I cant count how many times I was asked to make a Corpse Run and drag someone's body back to a safe spot. Granted, we don't have to make long runs now, but particularly in instanced zones/raids, it would be nice to be able to drag a corpe out of agro range so that they could be rezzed.
  19. ARCHIVED-Idividualist Guest

You want all a new evil race? I hope not. I don't have enough space to create a new character. I don't want to delete my Froglok or Fae :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Trapfinder_Bracegirdle Guest

Arethusa@Oasis wrote:
    Vampire is a "condition" or "sickness". It is not a "race".