Rise of Kunark

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Mirander_1, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-cronar Guest

[p]The two areas i am looking forward to are field of bone and Kaesora. Two very well done zones, even back in the day, and they could be reeeeeally good now.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-1nferno Guest

I just need to know one thing about Rise of Kunark expansion. Where is Burned Woods going to be this week ?
  3. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

[p]Necroposted...lol anyways...[/p][p] [/p][p]The zones im looking forward to are Field of Bones,Karnor's Castle,and Kurn's Tower.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

1nferno wrote:
    It's in Lavastorm this time. The devs thought it would look less out of place there :-D.
  5. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

Never got to see much of kunark. I joined after LDON and was pretty much rushed through to lvl 65. I hated the idea of the sarnak but luved the iksar history. If i could see one thing its a new and mighty iksar nation that has destroyed the sarnak :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Kinuun Guest

What I really want to see with the next expansion, be it Kunark or not, is a level cap increase. Not new AA's, not new secondary tradeskills, a really adventuring/crafting level increase. I'm tired of being lvl 70. I've done all the instances atleast 50 times and I really don't care for raiding. Although, I heard some one talking about guild houses. Yes I think guild property is need. Whether it be house or, what I think would be cool, a guild boat. Not necessarily to travel in but just chill in. It fits EQ2's instanced housing and is pretty unique i think. And maybe one could use it to get to any on the major overland zones like the bells have now. That could give it usefulness.
  7. ARCHIVED-Igu Guest

[p]You really do need a level increase. This expansion may not be out til next year, with the next being 2009. people at not going to wait that long to get to 71. 5 levels is the EQ1 norm, but with the tiers, that is harder to do in EQ2. You really need to do 80.[/p][p]I will like to so some old zones reworked, but I want new 1-50 content as well. EoF comes up a bit short in the 20s to early 30s (where Unrest should have been).[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

The next expansion will be out in '07 not '08 by the way :p EoF came out in November...so the 1 year cycle will probably eb over in fall or winter
  9. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Lots of high end content with maybe some lower level stuff too, and a new better AA lines to work our characters more unique is what i hope it will bring.
  10. ARCHIVED-volx Guest

Didn't take the domain-squatters long to cause grief though -- one would think SOE would know to register the domain at the same time (not that they can't force the domain to be transfered to them due to the trademark): Registrant: Diogo Almeida R. Alfredo Soares n 9 - 1 Lisboa 1400-006 Portugal Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: RISEOFKUNARK.COM Created on: 22-Feb-07 Expires on: 23-Feb-08 Last Updated on: Administrative Contact: Almeida, Diogo dba@gnomeslab.com R. Alfredo Soares n 9 - 1 Lisboa 1400-006 Portugal 351916987815 Technical Contact: Almeida, Diogo dba@gnomeslab.com R. Alfredo Soares n 9 - 1 Lisboa 1400-006 Portugal 351916987815 Domain servers in listed order: NS1.ASPNIX.COM NS2.ASPNIX.COM
  11. ARCHIVED-Drewx Guest

I think Kunark would be awesome.
    Obviously it's going to be an evil aligned expansion.
    I agree with those who said they want an original city. Not an old rehash.
    Perhaps a true evil city, not a dirty or rude city, a city that makes theh airs stand up on the back of your neck, brimming with dark energy, NPCs that you have to watch your back with and tal kto respectfully or hey REALLY WILL cut your throat and/or put a dagger in your heart/back.
    Some new mounts, some creatures that aren't horses, like:
    Camels(one would THINK DoF would have had them...)
    Bull/Bores (EX: For those who played Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that bad *** bore the moblins ride)
    Rhinos (like that picture on the loading screen with the orc on the Rhino charging after that lady)
    Drakota
    Add in armored versions...for guilds and etc...

You know...Animals that actually make sense as ridable, wolves, cats, birds, and etc just wouldn't make sense.
    Perhaps some flying mounts that only work in areas like the Plane of Sky, and areas of the new expansion.

New Race...rather than another LIZARD race...we have enough of em...
    Iksar(playable)
    Droag (Technically playable if you have the right item)
    Lizardman (Arena)
    Then non-playable but aronud in lore and etc:
    Sarnak
    Sisshar(technically).
    I think a race that is more unique that hasn't been done before...can't be undead...thats been done already...I know alot of players would like to play as an Aviak but I don't see what sense they would make.

Maybe something like an Insect race...(some are probably saying fae) but I mean actual bugs.
    With appearances from various bugs, roaches, bees, scorpions, spiders, mantis, ant, beetle.
    Bugs are often associated with evil so perhaps why not make the new city rules by sadistic sinister power hungry insects...

The return of Arena/PVP gameplay or make the arenas zone in ponits for warzones. A Revamp of it to make it WORTH playing...
    Balance the arena champions so players have to choose their champ wisely and use it's abilities for the greater good of the team; to put an end groups that consist of just one champion and have actual PVP goals in the arenas...

Like Capture the flag, but with a much more strategic element to it, not just grab the flag and run for it. One where you gotta break through the front lines and fight/sneak to the flag, and somehow get back to your flag before it gets taken. More expansive areas, not the TINY maze we have to battle in currently.

A battle between factions for merchant discounts, trade Routes, and etc.
    Joining the arena battle/game puts you on some warships thats players have to man and assist, use turrents, grappling hooks, and etc to board enemy ships and destroy their forces and burn the ship down.
    (Ex: Freeportian Champions vs Qeynosian Champions for control over trade rotues that would...grant special unique items that can only be purchased if your city has control of the trade routes.)

An PVP game that is like a massive battlefield filled with outposts, towers, and etc. Like in Star Wars Battlefront and other games. Where capturing an outpost requires killing the NPC leader, forming an allaince/truce with whatever NPC mobs inhabit it (Orcs, Goblins, Aviaks, etc), or simply capturing the empty outpost first.
    Capturing them provides NPC Guards/Archers/Mounted Units/named NPCs etc.
    The overall goal to capture the outposts and eventually run your enemy thin and destroy their factions leader.
    (This is PURELY FOR EXAMPLE REASONS: For Example...Freeport has Tayil as their forces commander while Qeynos has Murrah(sp?) as theirs. The goals is to capture outposts and destroy enemy outposts until Tayil or Murrah is defeated or the opposing side loses all their outposts.)
    With each battle awarding both sides with money and/or items. The quality/quanity varing based on wins and loses, kills, and etc.
    Meh thats what I'd like to see...but odds are...
    It'll be a new continent, new raid stuff, possibly a LvL cap and AA point raise, new rehashed city, and some race...
    I hope this post is atleast entertaining to some...I had fun imagining haha...
  12. ARCHIVED-Kinuun Guest

Although I am excited for Kunark, I would like to see some new, original content. Not just stuff from EQLive. Sure, KoS was pretty new but I'd like to see more creative juices flowing through SOE's EQ2 offices. Not some guy showing his interpretation of what could happen to a place after 500 years and a moon exploding. After all, 500 years is more than enough time for some new islands to have formed.
  13. ARCHIVED-Arsmaxx Guest

14. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Now that is an interesting Idea though I would make the places it could "travel" based on guild lvl IE you could only go between BBM and Qyenos if you are in a lvl 60 guild but you can go from QH to any "old world Bell" at say lvl 30 and only between QH and Kunark's Docks at the new Guild LvL cap. Give people a real good reason to lvl there guild.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hawkmoons Guest

I would hate to see the level cap go up, every time it just pushes out more prev cont., also what has bugged me from day one is the moon went boom, anyone know of any lore on why it happened, wonder if the shissar had anything to do with it, also I am sure if they could escape to Luc in the first place they could make it back to kunark.
    Will be cool to see what they do, well so long as soe does it's homework.
    I do agree with many Trak better be there. BAs$#@ needs to die again and again, revenge for my bard hahah
  16. ARCHIVED-Xaevyn Guest

They just better have City of M-I-S-T. That's my all time favorite zone. Edit:Darn bad word filter
  17. ARCHIVED-Kalria Guest

What I'd like to see is the return of the Sokoar flying mounts.

Atrebe’s Iksar Empire

Atrebe, Rile’s first-hatched son, then became King. This young Iksar was different from his father. He was reclusive and enamored of the dark arts. All feared his use of the evil magic of the Shissir and his grandfather, Sathir. His foul experiments joined a dragon with an Iksar, creating the Sarnak, a race of intelligent Dragon-men. He also joined a Dragon with a Froglok, creating flying mounts for his armies, the Sokokar. On these flying beasts, the Iksar were deadly. Soon, only the hardiest Dragonkind stood unconquered by the Sebilisan Empire.

http://lorenorrath.free.fr/read.php...ink=rok_history
  18. ARCHIVED-joshy Guest

[p]Alright so my two little cp[/p][p] [/p][p]I'm actually hoping with the ROK expansion that they bring back the Lammy as an HQ.. hopefully to follow in similar suit to the Wurmslayer. ie give it a nice proc, and the ability to change from duel wield to 1 hander. I remember the days of seeing in much uberness a warrior with a Wurmy in his mainhand and a lammy in his off hand laying the smack down on mobs left and right. Besides the Lammy had such a unique and awesome graphic. They could certainly up grade it to be more ornate just like they did with the wurmslayer.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Nevynmysti Guest

Ponos wrote:
  20. ARCHIVED-MullenSkywatcher Guest

Igu wrote:
    Whats wrong with Butcherblock Mountains and Crushbone for these levels? Only need to get to 34-35 and then Steamfont is good.