Rise of Kunark

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Mirander_1, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Pain Divine Guest

Am I the only one that thinks a Unified character model system would also lead to a new Grafix engine? Or at least and updated one? The number 1 thing I'd like to see in an expansion is that addition of HDR... it makes a HUGE difference in the way a game looks and has virtually no performance hit on modern grafics cards.
    As far as content goes... I'd like to see far less instancing. The populations too thin now to be hiding people away in instance zones. Make people fight over spawns, it's part of the game. Or, if you dont want to do that... make them triggered spawns. Do quest XXX and the raid mob pops... put a lockout timer on the spawn... if anyone in the raid is still on lockout, no spawn...
  2. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Pain Divine wrote:
    unreal engine i say.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pain Divine Guest

Yea, that would be nice, but they've already sunk tons of money into this one and they'd have to sink tons more converting to Unreal. They should have done that in the first place... but oh-well. I mean, if they were going to make something new and unique... ok... but what they made is basically a half-arsed version of Unreals engine.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bezado Guest

What I would like to see in next Kunark expansion is. 1. Epics returned. Class specific epics. Weapons and even add Armor also for added fun. 2. Guild Houses. In the guild houses have bulletin board so you can click on in game and type messages. 3. Level cap increase to 80. 4. Increase in AA's 5. Itemization fixes 6. New graphics update. Fix cosmetics like a wizard on a spectral mount, the robes cut through the horses when they should fold over like cloth. 7. Item interactions. Chairs seats, we need to be able to sit down on these things. So much furniture but we can't interact with it. Immersion needs to be steped up!! 8. New emotes and revamp of old emotes. Fix /dance so males don't look gay when they do it. 9. Increase guild level to 70. Added new status guild level items. 10. New mounts, not just 1 new mount but a few for guilds lvl 60 or higher if guild levels increase. 11. Master 2 spell drops, increase our older spells to hit % more and more damage. 12. Reduce the need for hate gains. Tanks shouldn't relay on others so much during raids to increase hate for them. I loved EQ1 warriors, easy hit taunts and thats it, no dependancy on all this hate transfer crap. You know people go link dead so dirge in MT group going LD isn't good. Increase tanks threat on taunts or something.
  5. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

Bezado wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-Wuvdara Guest

I would love to see Kunark return and especially Greenmist. I hope that since SOE is working on this expansion they decided to include the Greenmist quest line in some way. Oh, and keep it Shadowknight only ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Methriln Guest

sounds good. Cant wait to see the soe site :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Aaelefein Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Heh i cant wait for it...anyone else excited (geeze im just as excited about this as i was for EoF!)
  11. ARCHIVED-Fendel Guest

Ok, I didn't read every page so I don't know if anyone else said it already. But EQ was NOT the second graphical MMORPG. Heck it wasnt even the 3rd.
    *Neverwinter Nights was the first massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) to display graphics, and ran from 1991 to 1997 on AOL
    *Meridien 59 was the first "modern" MMORPG, also launched in 1996.
    (Meridian 59 also marks the introduction of the term "massively multiplayer." In 1996, as Hawkins tried to explain his game to the press, he used terms like "massively multiplayer" and "3D persistent world" quite liberally. Rich Vogel, currently vice president of development at Sony Online Entertainment, was working at 3DO during that time. He confirms that these terms originated with Meridian 59. "The term 'massively' was first used at 3DO. Actually, 'massively multiplayer Internet game' was Meridian 59's revelation. We coined that phrase.";) just an interesting note
    *According to the Korea Times, Kingdom of the Winds was the first "graphical" MMORPG, launched in 1996(Obviously not the first but definitly before EQ making it atleast 3rd by this point)
    *The Realm Online, originally known as simply The Realm, was the first MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role-playing games) for public release (the public 'Beta' was out 5 months before Meridian 59's commercial release). It was launched on December 31, 1996 for Windows personal computers and continues to operate as of 2007
    *Lineage (Korean: 리니지) is [medieval] fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game released in 1998 by the South Korean [computer game developer] NCsoft
    A lot of people seem to claim first...lol but Neverwinter Nights has to win it. But MEridian 59 was the first to call its self Massive Multiplayer. Whatever the order including UO this would put EQ at 7th graphical MMORPG to be released. Seems like 96 was a really good year...lol I'm pretty sure there were even some more released before 99 but I dont feel like doing the research. Its funny that all those games except for neverwinter nights are still running to this day. Yet i've heard people say EQ2 wont last another two years...lol.
    EDIT: Just a little note I've played most of those games too...haha its nice to know where the roots lie :p Meridian 59 would actually be the best MMO ever if they had any players and added content.
  12. ARCHIVED-doriswedelundtorsten Guest

I heared two things Max level will be 80 and there will be a new SCOUT PET for NECROMANCER ... so the NIghtshade will die? ANybody any info on that ? Will be the Scout pet DPS or just lame and nerfed as the GRIM HERETIC? Could anybody tell me > maybe a link Thanks guys
  13. ARCHIVED-Toolooze Guest

All I want to know is if there is going to be anything really cool,
    like new races and stuff, but I know they sorta kinda don't matter.
    I want to know more, but SOE isn't letting jack squat out about it.
    It's like they won't tell us ANYTHING until the expansion is out. Wait,
    is it adventure pack or expansion??? Confused.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

^ dude ^^^^YOU'RE^^^^^ late WWW.RISEofKUNARK.COM
  15. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Bad idea- See Vanguard in reference as to why.