RH and ToV ae dot

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Cyrnea, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Edith Member

Are you saying that you solo heal your group on Derig in 430 potency gear without any issue? If so, I salute you. As a mystic I sit out that fight so a warden can solo heal the group and a dps can take my spot.

I don't see how it is OK for one heal archetype to be better at every job.
  2. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I push 2.5 mil dps and verdict the triplets of adds to shave off 3% per mob and get the dps back on Derig faster with my buff package. Find a way to make a difference other than heals on fights you can't shine. Does it suck that Wardens can do it all, sure, but last expansion shamans were in that spot so times change and it won't be this way forever I'm sure :)
  3. Kiry Active Member

Shamans were not the "do it all" class last xpac lulz...Inq's were. Shaman's were never designed to solo heal groups which clerics and druids could no problem, we could at a push but not without difficulty that the likes of a cleric or druid would never face unless completely over geared for some trivial content. Wardens have always been OP just most people were to narrow minded to even see how good they were prior to ToV.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Gindotto:

"Find a way to make a difference other than heals?"

So instead of addressing the issue of cleric reactives being pretty much negated you only response is find a way to make a difference other than heals? Leaving out the issue that the underlying causes that negate/bypass our reactives have been in game a long time the damage have never been this extreme and where once damage similar to this would be nice enough to trigger our group reactives with incoming ae's at least for the initial tick we are not so lucky today. Sure Templars have a single target ward attached to their single target reactives that goes off when it expires naturally...only problem by the time they do expire the damage is already done...inquisitors are even in worse shape....but hey at least we can look for some other way to make a difference instead of doing our core job.

Quite simply pure insanity.
    Mindsway and quisling like this.
  5. Jezes Active Member

Posts that are that ignorant don't even deserve a response tbh. Arguing with someone who is that deluded is a waste of time for everyone involved.
    Mindsway and quisling like this.
  6. quisling Well-Known Member

So. From what I understand, this has been coded this way by design so that druid's HOTS will actually be needed, as though they weren't needed before. As I understand it this was coded in that the first tick causes reactives to tick and the rest do not. So...let me see: If something ticks 5 times, 20% of the time my reactives will work. This was done by design. This is moronic. In fact...it would have to be a bit more intelligent to be work UP to moronic.
    Mermut and Daalilama like this.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

How about we code druid hots to only be effective 1/5 of the timer or shaman wards (not the amount which needs tweaking but not working at all)....doesn't make sense when it's broken down like that and I agree with Larc at best its beyond moronic at this stage of the game to keep this intentional coded nerf in game.
    quisling likes this.
  8. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I think the bigger issue is encounter design having sustained damage at every turn, and not realizing it pushes our jobs as healers out of the equation. Judging by the lack of response from Devs I don't think they're going to change that mechanic to work 24-7 on reactives. I haven't been in this game for years so I can't speak for the issue being around since Year 1 of launch. I was however here through all of CoE and I can say for certain I was always paired with a Shaman and they always did 90% or more of the heals. That's why I strived to parse high and cure well, instead of posting less than 10k heal parse and under 100k dps parse as an Inq.

I didn't say the answer to this coding issue was "pretend not to be a healer", I said find another way to shine. IF your raid has you in on a fight you know won't proc your reactives pump out some DPS as an Inquisitor and as stated throw down those Verdicts to move things along (Derig was my example, Commanders you can get quad verdicts off if the raid burns right). Again, that doesnt solve the problem but at least you contribute to raidwide dps.

I love how quick people here attack me for common sense, the common sense that says if your raid requires you to be in on a fight you know you can't heal at least give it your all, DPS included. Yes of course the issue of reactives still remains. Really Jezes? I'm clearing the same content as you and if you don't like my take on the situation that doesn't make me ignorant, that puts us in disagreement. You're not doing anything I haven't done myself, I'm in the same fights struggling on the same ******** we all are here, so let's not open up an attack on individuals thanks. I read your post earlier about the other issues with Inqs, not including lack of sustained damage ticks on reactives, and I was all for it. Inquisition, prepared defenses, Tenacity. You all want reactives fixed for all sustained damage, I personally find changing reactives to tick on every wave of sustained damage a grey area of encroaching on HOTs territory for better or worse, idk. Maybe once I've been in game for ten years and the pattern continues I'll join the fight, in the meantime I sit for a warden who can do it better. As stated, it sucks that they are insane on the heals atm, but I don't think changing reactives to work on sustained damage on every encounter would end the problem, Devs would just go in and up encounter damage to make it worse than it is!

In the end, as I first said, I think the use of sustained damage in more than a few encounters is the larger issue, and perhaps looking into case by case changes for those handful would be a compromise, as well as not using sustained damage at every turn to make our lives as clerics hell.
  9. Jezes Active Member

Just because it doesn't resolve all of our problems, which is really obvious to anyone with common sense, doesn't mean it doesn't need to be fixed. It's a step in the right direction. Why are you even arguing against fixing something that SHOULD be fixed?
    Daalilama likes this.
  10. Jezes Active Member

Really, that's your solution? Let other healers heal it? Not fix the problem? Sounds like a win to me! Let's all just quit the game, since other healers can heal. What's the point of raiding if you're not even in raid?
  11. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I can see the devs worried about Reactives turning into HOTs (triggered as opposed to timed). I even said it encroaches on that grey are for better or worse. I play an Inquisitor too, don't pretend I wouldn't love to have it work as everyone wants it to, I would, I just realize some things may be too much.

And you are right, not resolving everything doesn't mean something needs to be done.
  12. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Are you just sifting through my posts and picking out things to attack me personally for? Sorry for having an opinion. It's a fact that we aren't 100% useless on every fight in raid encounters, YES, THERE ARE SOME WE ARE HORRIBLE AT. Those few fights that make us look horrible are the ones that are bringing this whole reactive tick issue to light. We're in agreement!
  13. Jezes Active Member

Sifting through your posts? More like reading your posts in this thread. Maybe you should go read it as well. Clearly you seem confused.
    Daalilama likes this.
  14. quisling Well-Known Member

Gindotto,
    You seem to be confused. Our reactives are SUPPOSED to proc on any damage for a specific amount. A reactive is SUPPOSED to react to damage. By that definition, it cannot "encroach on HOT territory by "reacting" to damage. HOTS don't require ANYTHING to tick. I don't mean for that to sound pedantic, but those are CLEAR defining attributes. Actually in the present form since its seems that both HOTS and REACTIVES don't appear to react to damage, we are encroaching on "HOT" territory.
    Mindsway, Daalilama and GIndotto like this.
  15. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Was more parody about no changes, sitting, and "keeping up with the dirges" than anything, you seem angry over the reactive issue as others do so maybe jokes are ill received here. I want change too! Most of the raid content there's little to heal and lots to DPS as an Inquisitor, (anything up to 80k hps or maybe more is not difficult, let's be honest) but sitting out for MHG or Klandicar so another class that's better equipped atm can do it doesn't hurt my ego. Doesn't mean I don't agree something should be changed. I just don't know how far it should go. This is why we have discussion not aggression.

I stated before and will again I think some end game specific fights should be fixed so we aren't excluded. I say this because the devs have refused to be decisive on total changes to our reactives and what they trigger on, so all I can do is talk about the two worst ones I've seen that are really making this ongoing issue to reactives shine brightly (or dimly because its so bad). Derig, Swiftclaw, etc still have the issue, but healing through them isnt a cluster*** and you can still put up over 2 million dps on derig while doing it, (wand auto FTL on swiftclaw, maybe 800k). You can't do that on the really horrible ones as a cleric, and for that I wonder if the SPECIFIC fights should be changed, or if we as an archetype need a huge makeover. If I was sitting on 9 \ 10 fights in raid then maybe I would be shouting makeover. I personally don't find my class to be that useless until the fights mentioned. If you disagree with me that a total mechanic makeover to the cleric is too much, please continue to voice that opinion, and if it does get totally changed then yes, rejoice! I will be partying alongside everyone else! (But crap we'll have to heal more! **joke**) I'm right there seeing reactives fail to trigger just like everyone else! Don't attack me like I'm trying to rain on everyone's parade, or denounce fact, I'm simply stating if right now I can't heal 2 of the MANY raid encounters properly I won't go jump off a bridge, I'll discuss how far the change to fix this should go. Let's keep the discussion moving forward.
  16. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Quisling, I understand what the reactive says, and I've asked for it to be fixed with personal messages to devs. I can't say much else because im under NDA with Raid Council, but if it was supposed to work that way and the devs discovered it wasn't (which they know it doesn't) wouldn't a fix be in way before now? So yes, I understand. I'm not denouncing what the heal says it -should- do. We're in agreement here, everyone calm down! :)

And you are right, with the amount of spam hard heals we do on MHG (sometimes also Andreis with pet launch fails) we basically are healing over time - the time it takes for that recast lol! Well stated!
  17. quisling Well-Known Member

The why aren't they fixing this thing? .Dev's do dumb stuff all the time. For some obscure reason people confuse the ability to code with infallibility.
    Daalilama likes this.
  18. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Having our reactives tick for every wave of damage on sustained stuff would be healing over time, the time it takes to run out of reactives lol. Healing over Triggers, Healing over Time, same HoT title lol.I don't know, let's not debate the semantics so much as what I'm trying to do is throw discussion out as to why maybe the devs haven't fixed it. If this logic is what they are thinking about, maybe that's why it's not been changed. Dev says "If we change reactives to work on sustained damage real HoTs would be overshadowed". I don't know! I don't think any of us know, no one has gotten an answer, if so show me where the devs responded. I'm just as baffled in the end that what the reactive description says isn't as it's implemented, so naturally I want to try to come to assumptions to why they aren't being changed. I'll take the *** title out of being assumptive =P But infallible or not, there has to be a reason (excuse?) why it hasn't been changed right? I can say for certain they know about it!
  19. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

At last, something I can agree with.

Nice touch with the raid council bit - I feel so much better knowing people like you are representing us and am confident any issues that arise will be addressed logically and thoroughly.
    Daalilama likes this.
  20. Koko Well-Known Member

I'll post, I hate you all. :i

This is not a problem with reactive heals, so much as it is a problem with encounter design. The encounters are designed in such a way that only one archtype can reasonably heal through the damage, which is the problem (e.g. see DoV and wards*). Instead of revamping each archtype to deal with the encounter, it would make far more sense to redesign the encounters to accommodate for the existing archtypes.

-Add something that hits moderately hard and really fast (reactives)
    -Add something that hits really hard and really slow (wards)
    -Keep something that does high damage DoTs (HoTs)

*I had no qualms with warder/curer balance in DoV, but it seems as though it was considered a problem. I do find it interesting that we moved from "only shamans can heal through stuff" to "only druids/channelers can heal through stuff" scenario so quickly, however, as it seemed that the intent was to move away from this scenario.