RH and ToV ae dot

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Cyrnea, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Cyrnea New Member

RH doesn't work on this AoE. Pliz fix that.
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Um, there is no ToV AE DoT, is there? And what is RH?
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Bit confused here as well....:(
  4. Plinc Active Member

he is talking about reactive healing on fights like Sontalak, Caden/Keplin or the Raptor.
    the dot ticks do not trigger reactive heals, making the zone a horror for Inqs.
  5. Cyrnea New Member

Exactly Plinc :) (not only for inqs templar too)
    Specially Harrin Merrig Gerrid encounter is a horrible fight for Cleric, and to a lesser extent Andreis.
  6. quisling Well-Known Member

Well, having a healer's signature form of healing not do anything might be annoying but at least it doesn't make any sense.
    Mindsway and Daalilama like this.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Yeah not sure what they were thinking...damage that doesn't trigger reactive triggers has been around a long time only problem is the damage currently far far exceeds anything we've seen before and this really needs to be addressed. This current mechanic is the culmination of the long outstanding issues reactives have always had: not triggering on ma/flurry/non-wardable damage/and now pulsating damage DoT's.
  8. Kiry Active Member

That's what secondary heals are for, shamans learned to not rely on their primary heals back at the launch of ToV.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Kiry this is not an issue of our reactives not being as effective as they once were for heals (which would parallel shaman issues currently) this is an issue of not working at all on these types of damage.
    Mindsway likes this.
  10. Kiry Active Member

Templars absolutely own on Merrig! Inq's not so much, basically non-templar and non druid healers are going to have to buckle up on on that one but tbh, it's probably my favourite encounter in the zone so far because it tests healers. The damage is wardable but make no mistake, as a mystic secondary heals make up a vast portion of my outgoing heals on that encounter just like they do for Inq's, wards barely even appear in the maintained window they're gone so fast. The encounter is incredibly heal intensive, but I've seen Inq's solo heal groups through that encounter just fine.

I sincerely hope they don't nerf it anymore than they already have, although this encounter does more than just test healers.
  11. Kiry Active Member

Yes I am aware.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Remember there is unwardable damage too. Shaman have been dealing with this type of damage even before ToV.
  13. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Nearly every fight so far in ToV has had some sort of focus dmg that does not trigger reactives. It CAN be solo healed by an inquis but, might as well have 4 wardens.
  14. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Mermut unwardable damage came in during DoV I believe was dumb then and its dumb now clerics have been dealing with damage not triggering reactives since launch.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I agree, damage the by-passes any particular type of heal is dumb. Just pointing out that clerics aren't the only ones struggling with that mechanic.
  16. Occam Well-Known Member

Both reactives not triggering on content as well as unwardable damage really need to be reassessed by SOE. These are the abilities that DEFINE OUR CLASS, and they're almost useless in many cases.
    Kiry likes this.
  17. Ainaree Well-Known Member

There should never exist an encounter that punishes a class for trying to execute their main role. All healers should see returns from their primary heal, summoners should be able to use their pet on every encounter (Draazkh...), and mobs that mem wipe should never be immune to taunts.

If having a primary heal type respond to abilities provides too much of an advantage, then the base values of those heals should be considered rather than rendering them completely ineffectual via coding. People like having their buttons do something.
  18. Kiry Active Member

Clearly SOE do not care for class balance and it's not like some of us haven't been saying the heal classes were not balanced since beta...
  19. Cyrnea New Member

I love this... I beg a nerf? pliz.
    Templar is fine on gerrid only due to arcane ward. If you're nox ward works but you're groups ward doesn't... What's happen? Whine like add on beginning i guess.
    We set this encounter to 90% max with 2 inq. Change for 2 alt drood(mix potent 0 gems/arcane stuff) set to 8% first pull after this change. Pliz this is not a test heal this is a test class.
    Scuse me for my poor english.
  20. Kiry Active Member

I never meant to imply you asked for a nerf I was merely saying I hope they don't nerf it, but too late they just did, so gratz I am sure you'll get it on your next pull.

And there is tonnes of damage that's not wardable so I know exactly what it's like to have my primary heals not do anything, there's even nox damage that bypasses nox ward too lulz, go figure.

I always heal that encounter with an Inq and we do just fine maybe healers need to communicate better with each other and coordinate their heals? It's totally killable with 3 clerics (1 templar, 2 Inq) and 1 druid.

But like I also said this fight is not just about healing.

Healer classes are not balanced, period, but I stopped caring a long time ago.