Request: Flying Broom Mounts!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Mynce, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Mynce Guest

I would love to see brooms as an option to fly! It'd be perfect for mages, especially since we have the Broom of Trilon in-game. Make a version like that, but not a weapon!

I just think it'd be cute. :) Anyone agree?
  2. ARCHIVED-ojiji Guest

agree.
    I was a kid watching 'Bewitched' on TV.
    [IMG]
    Until I see the Harry Potter, broom is a women only thing I thought.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ulskanine Guest

For some reason.. this is all i can think of.

[IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Mynce Guest

Darnit! I knew the Harry Potter references would come in here sooner or later!
    No, not 'Harry Potter" brooms! Iconic witches had brooms well before that franchise came along. :) I want my lizard wizard and ratty lock riding what they were meant to!
  5. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Ulskanine wrote:

o_O
  6. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Might be interesting if done right.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mynce Guest

I know it could be. Either having people ride it sidesaddle or traditional-like. I don't think you'd have to animate anything more than people leaning left or right from a sitting position, maybe legs going a little wide like when our griffawns divebomb.
  8. ARCHIVED-Liviea Guest

Ive been feed backing this since before flying mounts! at first i thought of a mount that glided and had feather fall, but now with the flying mounts, why not?! I pointed out that we have a broom in game as well, but i also said that when fae are on carpets or crouhing, they look like they could be on a flying broom as well!
  9. ARCHIVED-Phaya Guest

I just have four words: Rat on a broom.

I would just die of cute overload.
  10. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

That would be GREAT!!
    Only issue I would have personaly is when I rolled my warlock I made it a chick. A woman is not a warlock she is a witch. warlock is the male version.
  11. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

Phaya wrote:
    /cutemode...
  12. ARCHIVED-Vexil Guest

I have no problems with them, but male characters look really fruity riding them. Something I always hated about the HP movies.
  13. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

if we treated a broom like a disc it might not be that big a job. I think it could work with one new player animation.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

ttobey wrote:
    I think it'd be fun to give an assymetrical animation for them.

For male characters, they can show off their machismo by riding it like a skateboard, and for female characters, they will sit with both legs off to one side, such as shown with the Bewitched picture above.

....Or you could go with the boring "both hands on the broom like Harry Potter" way...
  15. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Well there you go. You just quadrupled the work load.
  16. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

Animation should be that of the girls riding the broom in that article
  17. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

I'm going to cast my vote for broomstick surfing :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Best part is, once you land, you can hit a button, and the Broomstick separates slightly in th emiddle to reveal a few links of chain. Hmm, what are these strange links of chain in the middle of my broom?!?! Upon closer investigation it appears you coudl wield this new broom like a weapon that you graps part of it in each hand.

Broomstick Nunchucks are born.
  19. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

I started asking for a broom mount the minute I heard we were getting flying mounts. A broom mount and my flying bat would make me so happy I would lay across my tombstone and weep blood tears of bitter joy.

.....What? I'm a Sad Olde Goth! Everyday is Nights of the Dead for me!
  20. ARCHIVED-Zytork Guest

Wullailduo@Splitpaw wrote:
    >.>