Request Dev response on range nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kewpie, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Oh well .. yes on trash masturbation (the more targets the better .. preferably at least 4) as a warlock I can give run most scouts for their money (if I am not slacking which I may) but outside of those rare and eye pleasant (for warlocks) encounter (which been hated by all other because of amount of warlocks procs :D also known as a lag fest) bleh and meh ... this is scouts x-pack ... but hey I still like play my warlock for pure moments of AoE fights (like picking up every single bug in Submerged lair and stacking them in the corner)
  2. Airros Active Member

I do some descent AoE DPS myself! :D
    DoomDrake likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Go ahead and laugh but I have my SK as a AoE dps toon, and that is SOOO much fun. Since much of my aoe damage is by spells, if the mobs make the tank lose target and not be able to set new target, I'm still mass killing all of the mobs anyways. I'm starting to get heroic gear so my dps isn't great comparatively, but ill still do 5 to 11 million dps so I'm pleased. Yes, REAL dps will do far much more, but does it really matter much if the encounter last 49 seconds compared to 22 seconds as long as we win and the mobs don't? Fun is the most important part and that we have, with our odd guild group (usually includes a merc for the 6th slot *grins*)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's why I love SKs as group tanks a pullers ... Darn I LOVE submerged lair because of SKs ;))
  5. Kewpie New Member

I have to say I have raided with very few rangers, and it's been at least 3 months since I've seen a raiding ranger's parse. From what I've seen, they are capable of parse topping dps, but they tend to drop dead frequently, despite all their efforts at agro control. It pretty much turns all that awesomeness into nothing. Anyhow, that's what I meant, and I probably should have phrased the comment more sweetly. ;)
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Well, its not a raid until the ranger dies... even in EQ2 *grins*
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  7. Airros Active Member

Lol, I do die, but it's mostly not from a lack of MY agro control...it's almost always a slacker tank that doesn't taunt or snap like they should! There are lots of sh*tty tanks out there, to be truthful... ;)

Obv, Meneltel would be the tank that does it just for giggles! :p
  8. Kewpie New Member

Ya know, I grouped with a ranger the other night, and we were joking about sacrificing him to the EQ gods to get better drops. He was not amused...but then he did die rather a lot. :p
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I don't tank unless ABSOLUTELY needed to. Too many years of soloing in EQ because "We want a REAL tank" pre-SOL as I was leveling up. By the time SKs were wanted as tanks, I had the best gear bazaar offered... but groups were used to raiding geared tanks and 3.5k health wouldn't do for the normal group.

Why I refered to me as a DPS SK. I don't do the dps of a ranger... but I don't die as much either *grins* After all, dead DPS don't DO dps!
  10. Airros Active Member

When I die, I still do more DPS than most people after being res'd...even a couple times, lol...
  11. Airros Active Member

/blame the crappy tank! lol
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

People joke about it but a 25% hate siphon is quite useful. Even helps the beastlords with their infamous bad aggro management and since its a siphon it 'stacks' with being negative hate capped.

13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

I'm a battle shammie in eq1... which means I survive a lot more than others... my ghost puppy has a name... "Ranger"... damned thing is always rangergating on me *grins evilly*.

my alt is always a ranger, I don't care about their bad rep in eq1, they fun and since I mainly play the TLPs, they do come into their own eventually. the ones on eq2 still rangergate a lot, but are way more buff and still fun to play. while my main is an assassin this time around(rangers are fun, but assasins are even more to me), I of course still have a ranger and both use bows, I was really not happy after this patch... then there's the channeler (yeah so I like archery k? lol)... waiting a week, yeah unacceptable.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  14. Darwiin Active Member

I see no patch note for a HOTFIX today?!!! WTF
    Please don't tell me that Daybreak is going to make us wait until next Tuesday Feb 16th to fix this issue? DBG would have dropped the servers with in 4 hours if they had messed up range to give use a 20% increase in damage rating, but you nerf it at a 40% drop and you make us wait a full week for the fix? This is why I been thinking of leaving this game! I been a loyal full paying member since day one, but I am tired of the nerfs to each class and I am tired of you making dumb mistakes and then making use wait forever to fix the issue unless of course the error is to the players benefit! (than you fix it same day)
    Bloodguts and Kewpie like this.
  15. brains Member

are these Devs really this bad?
  16. brains Member

NAIL IN THE COFFEN
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

(joke)
    Perhaps developers thinking to grant ranged weapon status of 2hander? :D
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

WoW is the same way. If its a benefit to players by accident, fix ASAP. Something not working correctly? Its on our To-Do list... at the bottom. #1 on the list? Counting our money!
  19. RadarX Community Manager

We're going to go ahead and close this one down. Please remember when posting to abide by our forum guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.