Request Dev response on range nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kewpie, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kewpie New Member

Devs, did you intend to so severely nerf our range damage? Or is this an unintended bug that we may expect to be fixed?
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I am sure once they see the results, in a few weeks they will make adjustments. Be a decent doctor and have some patients... *giggles*
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

The PvP nerf was impressive to say the least. Having a bow's damage rating drop from 84 to 8.4. I wonder if the last person on Deathtoll will remember to turn off the lights ...
    Ceyllynn, Eradani and Laiina like this.
  4. Alexae New Member

It was indeed an impressive nerf. The myth wand from umbrite keys has gone from a rating of ~286 down to 161. It's below even fabled heroic weapons. I'm starting to think that my friends who left last month had the right idea. Or, maybe it's just time to go ftp and relax with some decorating.
    Mizgamer62 and Eradani like this.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You know, if many of the raiders quit, but enough people still want to raid, you will have to learn tactics and working as a team instead of relying on the extra firepower that All access gives you, that and the Allaccess members you have that are still wanting to raid.

Yes, I want to raid. But for fun, not as a job. So ill do it with my RP guild one day, and have fun, rather than a job where I have to be on 2 of the 3 raid nights each week or lose my raiding spot to another. Been there, done that... threw away the tshirt long ago.
    Eliohia2 likes this.
  6. Caith Developer

Ranged weapons are using the incorrect formula for calculating DPS currently, they are calculating themselves as dual wield weapons instead. The bug should be fixed in the next hotfix.
    Nuhvohk, Xillean, Prissetta and 4 others like this.
  7. Satyr Well-Known Member

All the rangers quit at KoS launch because their auto-attacks were hitting for 100. Noone left to quit over this.
  8. Wintir Active Member

<sends his ranger on a short term sabbatical>
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

When is the next hotfix? Today? Was it intentional to have this effect the normal servers too? As of right now, my Ranger has half the damage rating on his bow as he used to on the normal servers.

Haven't tested this dps drop, but I expect it's significant. Some might say game breaking.
    Mizgamer62, Neiloch and Laiina like this.
  10. Eles Well-Known Member

probably next week :(
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Hopefully at least thursday, I wouldnt be surprised if melee'ing does more DPS now, and that would be extremely bad DPS.
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Because if the rest of them are changed like this, it's going to be really awesome? :/
    Mizgamer62 and Eradani like this.
  13. Pett Active Member

Next week, Tuesday, just like normal.
  14. Eradani Well-Known Member

well, there were < 40 people on deathtoll this tuesday, wonder how many will stick around for next tuesday
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

So what are the Thursday patches called? They aren't crazy rare and I would say this easily could justify one.
    Xillean and Taiyla like this.
  16. Alexae New Member

Thank you so much for the quick reply, Caith.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

I appreciate the quick answer!
  18. Pett Active Member

Yes, thanks for the quick "oops, I messed up again because I didn't have eyes put on what changed." Now wait a week for the fix.
    Kraeref likes this.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Actually kinda surprised, my dps hasn't suffered too much. I am noticing that the damage rating keeps changing mid fight from current rating to original and back again..........
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

Oh, dear. Does that mean you indirectly found a different bug too?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.