Request Dev response on range nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kewpie, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regolas Well-Known Member

I think it's the same bug, as Caith said it's thinking it's duel weild, but then at times it starts behaving normally for a split second
  2. Airros Active Member

How does this happen, really?!? It's abundantly irritating that the one class that gets screwed the most in this deal is the Ranger...like we haven't been screwed enough since day one of EQ1?

It's bad enough they are forcing us down the Pot/Ability Mod path, which goes against the true nature of a pure ranged, non-casting, DPS class, but nerfing our primary source of damage and not modifying our CA's to compensate is just...well...sh*tty...to be perfectly honest! If you want to nerf other classes ranged items, then simply give us an un-nerfed Ranger only bow...how freakin hard is that?!?

HEY! ...here's an idea! How about you go nerf the insanely over-powered Zek spell DoW?!? By now, that spell alone has influenced a large percentage of classes (besides the, what is it, 4 that cant?) in betraying to evil alignment leaving the balance of good vs. evil teetering on the edge of stupidly lopsided, just so they can use/abuse Devastation of War. I am pretty sure we have enough DPS E-pean contests out there on the servers that we don't need an OP deity spell adding to the delusion of being a wannabe DPS'er, or better yet, making those who thrive on it have even bigger E-pean-itus...Get your sh*t together, DBG, and make this game the legit MMORPG it was designed to be!!!
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

This could be worse. This could be the "Shadows of Luclin" expansion time where they had to "patch the patch to patch the patch" day... every other day or so it seemed.
  4. Kewpie New Member

Airros, I agree that had this nerf been intended, Rangers would have suffered the most. But you're not alone because caster classes have been forced down the melee road due to itemization. This change has knocked about 10 mil off my parse. The nerf isn't intended, though, and we should have our range back in the next patch.
  5. Satyr Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll fix yours as fast as they fixed ours on DT? Launch of KoS and counting.
  6. Meshuggahx Member

It's not only a stupid mistake that hurts rangers, it also hurts mages with losing wand dps.. really the devs in this game are especially talented at not paying attention and screwing things up..
  7. duckster Active Member

Auto attack doesnt go off normally now anyway with the lag. This seems intended...
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

But they should calculate themselves as 2handers right?
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

While is does hurt mages a little it not cause horribly much DPS loss (may be 5% of total parse at most)
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

In WoW classic, Warlocks main DoT spell was called Curse of Agony. It did X damage (based on level and some) in 30 seconds time, but half of that damage was in the last 6 seconds of its existence. So it took time to build up its power. Now... throw that into PvP. It was our ONLY attack spell that was instant and unless you spent 5 talent points to make another DoT spell instant, well, as we died (often, repeatedly, continually) we could at least throw that on the enemy player (usually a rogue, see World of Roguecraft videos). However... it was discovered that they would have the spell icon on them but it would do NO damage if you died. We spent the mana, but it just stopped working. Saw many rogues sit down and eat and drink (like bandaging, but out of combat only). Any damage would make them stand up and end the eating... but the spell did NOTHING. Warlocks reported this, complained about this, protested this... *crickets chirped*. I left WoW for a few months, came back and it STILL was not fixed. So for over a year... this bug... was allowed to hinder Warlocks who were already the worst PvP class at the time. Only Drakedog showed us we could compete... but we had to use NON-class abilities to compete at all.

So remember, it could be worse, after all.
    Laiina likes this.
  11. Airros Active Member

ROFL, you really aren't going to whine about a small percentage loss of Mage DPS are you, Kewpie?!?

I don't see at all how the caster classes have been "forced down the Melee road with itemization." Please do explain? If you mean by taking DPS gear/stats (since Potency is so easy to acquire), then I understand that, but Mages still do top parsing DPS, which makes feeling sorry for them/you nonexistent, really! Not to mention, the ability to reach 100% Double cast, albeit not super easy, is completely doable now with the right mindset/gear. Mage range DPS is significantly higher, and to top it off, the redonkulous imbalance of DoW for specific mages (Illy for example, making a support class completely OP) with the right combination of Spells allowing them to spike in the hundreds of millions of DPS is just asinine...and my point being...why not nerf that crap instead?! There are significantly more important things to nerf than screwing with ranged damage, imho, especially when it is so important to a specific class!!!

Bottom line...we shouldn't have to wait for a few days, or a week, or however long it takes to fix this hot mess, because of a serious lack of planning/testing, which should have been done on test servers! DBG throwing a last second "hail mary" hoping it would work is completely irresponsible to the paying player database...and for those of us that drop hundreds of dollars annually on this game, allowing those FTP'rs a place to hang out, we deserve more for our money than sh*t like this, really!

As much as I love "the glass is half full" mentality there, Meneltel, I don't think using it to justify this blunder is viable in this case...
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Airros, you statement not correct in terms who top DPS ladders nowadays - because it x-pack is scouts flavor of the year ... you won't see many mages raiding now (aside of coercers/illi)
    Kewpie likes this.
  13. Kewpie New Member

Oh good, I don't need to explain after all.

Nope, that is generally reserved for scouts nowadays. Not your type of scout, obviously, but those other types of scouts. Ya know, the sins and brigands. By pointing out that chopping another 10 mil off the top doesn't feel great, I wasn't meaning to "whine"...just saying that lots of classes are upset by this.

BUT, no worries, I don't believe anyone feels they have it worse than the Rangers, so we would never ask you to "feel sorry for us." :)

I do agree that a bug this serious should be hot patched asap. Thank Bertoxxulous it's only a bug and not a nerf.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well technically wand and bow should be count damage as a 2hander right? :D
  15. Airros Active Member

I disagree, DoomDrake, I know several mages who out-parse scouts, and it's much more competitive for scouts/mages than in previous expacs...BL may have a slight edge, if played right, but I know plenty of Mages who can top the parse especially with the right support classes and spells like DoW in their corner...
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

If your raiding force have scouts that been outparsed by mages on ST ... it's time to recruit new scouts (unless you are taking about dirges and troubs ... some mages still can outparse those :D)
    Nowadays Sins pretty much dominate every fight with Swashy shines on AoE (and occasionally beasts) and brigands on ST...
  17. Kewpie New Member

In a situation with an equally geared Scout and Mage, with both having the correct support, the scout will win every time. Also, you are very angry about DoW, but do you realize how meh it is in raids?
  18. Airros Active Member

Actually, I can and do top the parse...sooo, not sure what you mean by "Not your type of scout, obviously...", because I have no issues with maximizing my classes DPS and being at/near the top of the parse, really. but then again I have been playing this class for 26 years off and on. However, I have been beat by mages and other scouts, which allows me to stand firm on my belief that it is far more competitive than it has been in the past. Its about knowing your class better than the next Joe_Blow and playing it to its Maximum ability/potential with the proper gear...and don't be fooled...gear choice is far more critical than it has ever been in this expac than in any previous...

I apologize for the misunderstanding, but it did kinda sound a bit like whining, especially since it didn't hit you anywhere near as hard! ;)

Good to see you have some compassion...obviously I am bitter, on the defensive, and a little pissy right now, so I really don't! LOL

Glad we agree on the first point, but I am not convinced at all that this is not a nerf to Ranger DPS...yet!
  19. Airros Active Member

The reality is that nothing is ever truly "equal"...and yes I do know how "meh" it can be in raids..but considering you can cast back to back and buy during combat and use again (unless they fixed that) it still can add a chunk of DPS...that's my point...and it's far to OP not to be nerfed, really...
  20. Airros Active Member

Lol, ok Doom, nowhere did I specify SingleTarget in any of my posts, as there are a few multi-target raid mobs...just sayin ;P

Edit: but I do agree some scouts are slackers...as are some mages! Even dirges and troubs if played right can parse descent... ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.