Relic - a real story...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xyno, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Maybe have relic sets in armour ect you can wear a correct set of relics.
    Xyno likes this.
  2. Yahku Active Member

I think, humour and a bit of trolling is not a problem. But just trolling is a off target. In addition, something like "Yes, i will consider it" or "No, this will not be changed, because..." would be fine in addition.

Changing items afterwards is a big problem, as long as they become more restrictive. The other way around, its not a great problem.
    Buco and Xyno like this.
  3. Nkito Well-Known Member

If mythical drops were as rare as eth runes this discussion would not even come up. We have lots of mythical relics to choose from, why is this a bad thing?
  4. Xyno Member

@Nkito and other new readers of this thread.

I recommend to read all threads starting with the first - otherwise the needed context could be lost.
  5. Dithmir Active Member

Isnt choice part of the fun of the game and the relic tags force choice. Definitely feels like first world problems when raiders have access to gear which trivialize 90% of the content of the game immediately upon its release, yet want to inbalance the game further by being able to wear more of the already overpowered relic gear.
  6. Xyno Member

@Dithmir:
    If somebody would go for the option the get rid of the relic tag on the etheral item, what do you think? How many players would be affected by that change? The amount would be pretty low - first of all T3 encounter, secondly a rare relic drop. So don´t tell me this would lead to an imbalance of the game.

By the way - that item is one of the good raid items. If EQ2U Census would work properly you could check my gear. Most of my gear is looted from heroic instances and keys, so beeing a raider nowadays doesn´t provide anymore a lot of benefits like in the past. If you spend 4 hours in KA heroic instances you will get propably more useful gear than in 4 hours in KA raidzone.

On the other side - what´s wrong with beeing a raider? Everyone is usally looking for the optimization of his toon. I know that you go to T2 instances to get better loot. So the T1 zone heroic players could argue as well. This T2 heroic player gets loot that make T1 zone easier. So we are not that different.

Beside that - for running heroic zones the ambitious raid players are welcome but if they raise their voice in the forum, they get a lot of negative comments like these are first world problems. Maybe this open forum should be split in first world problems, second world problems ....
  7. Uyaem Member

Keep hating on raiders, yet the overwhelming majority of the gear being talked about is from heroics and faction merchants...
    I mean, have you seen the raid loot this expac? 130 CB/ 130 pot, so awesome...!
  8. Dithmir Active Member

Its not about the number of people affected by the change, its about inbalancing the game. The developers have balanced the game around having a maximum of 2 relics and 1 greater relic. Perhaps if they were to reduce the stats of that relic significantly that would allow them to remove the relic tag. But would that be acceptable? Although then people not happy not as powerful as before, so you can never win.
  9. Ronjah Active Member

All what players can do it give valuable and constructive feedback and input for improvement for the game developers to motivate / justify for changes. The one thing that will not change I am sure of is the maximum amount of relics allowed to equip because increasing that number gives a huge advantage. What could change is the introduction of relic sets (@Ashandra 's suggestion) which would allow for further fine grained combination of relics without taking the the risk of allowing too many combinations that would make one much too powerful. It would also increase the complexity which could make it difficult for the developers to get it right the first time without missing something since high complexity will easily lead to making mistakes. I support the idea of sets instead of a increasing the maximum allowed amount of relics to have equipped at the same time.
  10. Raenius Well-Known Member

I wouldn`t balance a game around a handful of pieces, although I know it happened in the past.
    Quite a lot seem to be happy to get rid of hammer and/or ethereal runes to balance the game more - which should be done by risk vs reward in comparison what you have to do in order to obtain.

At the moment: hardest content drops stuff the most only want for that resolve - noone is excited about any others values that are being offered - they are just too low.

The intention why it has being asked to remove the relic-tag is quite simple: its the only attractive source not only to improve resolve by quite a notch but you also get good stats - while it is quite comon to obtain (for everyone).

So, in my opinion this is not an elitist attitude.
    Prissetta and Xyno like this.
  11. Xyno Member

@Dithmir:

Let us compare the so called T3 OP relic item with a T2 necklace. Let´s focus on interesting stats like CB, POT and Resolve.

[IMG] [IMG]

+ 37,9 CB
    + 237,7 POT
    + 3 Resolve
    and an improvement of two spells which can be used every 3min 15 seconds.
    So - the impovements in respect to a T2 necklace require the RELIC tag???
    If this is OP - we have probably a different understanding of OP.
    Ellimist likes this.
  12. Dithmir Active Member

Overpowered may be the wrong terminology, although without testing the 'increases the effectivenss of Blood Contract and Revocation of Life' it is hard to say. I think my point remains, if you wish to ask the devs to remove relic tag from items, you have to provide answers to the knock on effects that occur within the developers intended itemisation.