Relic - a real story...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xyno, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Xyno Member

Once upon a time there was an ambitious toon who got his mythical breastplatte and he was happy. This was a good step forward to a higher resolve value for upcoming raids.

[IMG]

After the toon got enough faction and status points he bought the mythical bracelet.

[IMG]

The same evening the god of loot gifted him the unexpected mythical pants and he thought "YES!"

[IMG]

- but then the toon remembered "You can´t wear more than two relic items!"... - so the second thought was "NO!!! :(" Okay - never mind. Let´s trade the bracelet to a twink. Oh no - it´s tagged as NO TRADE. So the toon was sad although he should be happy about the good items.
    Many days later the toon fighted tough against a challenging raid encounter and finally the boss was defeated by the raidcom. The community was even honored with a reliquiar chest and everyone was stuned to see what´s inside. And there it was!!! An awesome ethereal for the ascension class thaumaturgist.

[IMG]

Yes you are right. The toon was also a thaumaturgist, so he spent a lot of DKP to catch this beautiful treasure..

[IMG] [IMG]

But the item was cursed!

Cursed with the "Relic tag". The toon was disappointed again and was wondered why an item of reliquiar chest of a raidboss is tagged as relic. For reasons that are obvious not so many toons will have the pleasure to get one of this. So why this restriction please?

The toon really hopes that the devs will hear his crying in the night and he pray to the devs, that they will unleash an update which will defeat the relic curse - at least on the "Necklace of Superiorty".

And before the relic curse will be fight with a greater relic tag... please don´t do it - have a heart. The toon is addicted to his mythical hammer which he might put aside for the new epic/mythical weapon. The hammer was already changed to be used with the main hand only. A further "punishment" wouldn´t be fair.

The toon was well aware that his isssues are luxary problems but it´s one story - a real story and he hopes that at least some dev´s take time to read it and to discuss the relic tag.
    Uyaem, Feldon, Nemee and 6 others like this.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

3. Ellimist Active Member

All the myth armour is relic and there are 4 pieces. I kinda like that decisions have to be made. Keep it all and switch it around as needed.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

That makes sense if you're only looking at the armor. The fact that there are 4 pieces of Myth armor AND jewellery is over the top. Either remove from the armor and keep on the jewellery, or keep on the armor and remove from the jewellery imo.
    Yahku, Prissetta and Xyno like this.
  5. Ellimist Active Member

What annoys me is how easy mythical seems to be to get. I don't get good luck with the RNG but still its relatively common now. which is sad.
    Yahku likes this.
  6. Xyno Member

@Malleria:
    I appreciate this proposal. This is valid point.

---
    @Ellimist:
    Switching the items as needed shouldn´t be the way ahead. I put the screenshot of my armor pieces to stress something. They are fully infused (all layers) - for instance the BP has 5170 sta and the pants has 4813 sta. Switching as you need is something which might be an option if you don´t care that much about infusing, reforging etc. - and yes - most of us don´t have that much infusers to that which every item (at least not to this extent).

---
    @all following readers
    To mentioned it cleary - my initial post is a kind request to the Dev´s to discuss the Relic tag on the necklace. The necklace is first of a all raid loot (T3). Secondly it was in a reliquiar chest - which is not that common from raid bosses as we might know since TOT raids. I simply don´t get it why there is again a relic tag on this item - which you don´t get from mission crates (i.e. mythical BP or pants), red key chests (i.e. mythical gloves or shouldpads) or faction merchant (i.e. mythical bracelet).
    Nemee, Beee, Yahku and 1 other person like this.
  7. Yahku Active Member

I can only second this.

I like the RELIC items from the solo/group content. It is good to have a few very powerful items, obtainable from solo/group content (makes the content more interesting for a huge amount of players and gives a good option to get a bit of more resolve for starting with raids) and i also like to have a bit of choice here (besides, without a choice the system would be meaningless).
    What i cannot understand - reall over the top as stated before - is, that very hard to obtain items (the most interesting items from the chest) from T3 raid chests are RELIC without having outstanding stats compared to other stuff from the content. The posted ehtereal necklace is roughly the same as the cheap mythical wrist slot item from the Nye'Caelona currency merchant. The necklace is a very nice item, but far away from being a gamechanger such as Ire-Dread or some of the class cloaks (which were non-RELIC from raid!), so why do we have a RELIC tag here, especially considering the amount of existing RELIC items and the challenge to obtain this?
    Nemee, Xyno, Prissetta and 1 other person like this.
  8. kluxor Well-Known Member

the reason for the relic tag on the armor is because how easy they are to get, take that tag off thats 4 armor slots will never be replaced.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

They will be replaced by ohter (better) Relic items..

But 2 Relic Slots are stupid - i got allredy 4 PCs to choose
    Nemee and Xyno like this.
  10. Ebarel Member

i disliked the relic idea from the start as it Limits choice of Players and the promoted idea of "Play the game as you like it"
    If you invest time and effort to get items you cannot use that is just frustrating.

What makes it worse is the - also heavily disliked and already abandoned once - mechanics of resolve / crit mitigation. Now to go for harder Content it is not about skill, it is not about effort, it is just about being lucky from quest chests whether you get enough resolve to do some fights. Having played ALOT of instances with most of the quests every day i got 1 (ONE) crap cloak, all other rewards were infusers. great to be able to infuse several items to max with no items to use them for, while others get their 5th breast Piece and 10 mythcal gear.
    Having to get resolve first now, restricting Players from using the stuff they loot is horribly disappointing, just because of the relic tag. Even more, if you Need it for resolve and - as it Looks from the jewelry - to improve your ascenscion class Performance.
    And honestly, nobody likes to Change gear for solo, Group, easy and hard raid Content, or worse from fight to fight. Even more as the set equip doesnt work with relic items.
    Xyno likes this.
  11. Mandoblast Active Member

There has to be something in this game that keeps you coming back. Gearing your toon with the best stuff is the reason I keep coming back. They started with 1 relic slot in ToT then went to 2 relic and 1 greater relic later in the expac. I would expect something similar down the road in KA.

Take last summer's ethereal event. There was a random chance you could get the drop of the phase or a rune. Most players didnt get the drops BUT you could accumulate coins and "buy" the piece you wanted. This system had randomness but also gave you something to work for to get the rewards down the road.

I would like to see something similar with the relic armor from the key chests or heroic quests. Sure, you lost the RNG game, but you still got your coins, which for the life of me I cannot find a way to spend. Almost 2k coins now...at some point maybe they will be worth something.

Give us something to beat the RNG even if it takes a long time. AND, maybe increase the relic slots a tiny bit.
    Xyno likes this.
  12. Revel Well-Known Member

At this point I'm getting useless duplicates of Mythical relic armor from Incarnadine chests. I'd really rather have the infuser.
    Xyno likes this.
  13. Xyno Member

Dear Dev´s,

what´s the proper place to get a little bit feedback regarding the relic tag on the Ethereal necklace (T3 Raid drop) please? It was raised within that post and in context with another thread (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...of-the-kly-spoiler-alert.574537/#post-6395455). It was also adressed within DISCORD.

So far the suggestions from the player community are:
    - Removing the relic tag from the ethereal necklace
    - Removing the relic tag from all KA jewelry
    - Increasing the limitation of using relic items (currently 2, proposal 3)

Respectfully
    Xyno
    Prissetta and Tupperbeast like this.
  14. Tupperbeast Active Member

I think your ideas are good but it is always the ignorance of raid players that they just want to have changed their things.
    Why should not you fix the whole relic tag, even for solo or heroic Players.
    Everyone who paid the game and the game joint should also get the chance to get the best in the slot and also to be allowed to use.

In addition, the Devs or even Daybreak live in their own world a system with Relic Items is the biggest weakness which one can make in a MMO. And now there will soon be a new message coming of a dev's we're thinking about a new fix, why does one offer a beta to change all these problems before the game goes live.
  15. Xyno Member

@Tupperbeast:
    You are right but TBH this ethereal necklace will never be looted by a solo or heroic player - so therefore it was just one proposal to the Devs. I didn´t want to ignore other players. If somebody got this impression, I apologize.

Sure - if there will be a solution in respect to the "relic limitation" which will fit to the needs of all players, it would be more than appreciated. Therefore I listed further options.

Let us hope that there will be some constructive feedback / discussion with the Devs which will lead to a common solution.
    Kuulei and Prissetta like this.
  16. Xyno Member

/bump

Any feedback from Team Daybreak?
  17. Caith Developer

I'll take option 4, making choices, for 100 please Alex.
    Zeddicious, Tsurupettan and Mystfit like this.
  18. Widem Active Member

19. Widem Active Member

I was mad.

I don't disagree with your sentiment in this case, but don't just troll people.
  20. ZUES Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that without the jewelry from the faction merchant scouts don't have one single upgrade besides the mount. The currency is useless again, just like it was at ToT launch. Imagine the lost sales on those merc crates now.
    Trepide@Storms likes this.