Relic - a real story...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xyno, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

If I was a dev, I would troll you.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Oh and let's not forget about the two relics obtained from Ascension level 5 and 10. This is ridiculous.
  3. Xyno Member

First of all, I am not American so I was confused about the meaning of "for 100 please Alex". For everyone who´s not familiar with that expression too, it´s obviously based on the Gameshow "Jeopardy" - according to the search results. Alex, is the name of the moderator and if the candidates like to go for the next question they will make a selection like this.

Okay - after that descricption I got it. It´s a kind of humor which TBH I don´t share in context with my postings.
    It seems I was a fool who really believed to achieve a constructive exchange of views here.

So - we should talk about making choices?

Within the game we are already limited in our choices - many items are tagged as...
    • LORE-EQUIP - only 1 item of that kind
    • NO TRADE - if the current toon don´t use it anymore, let´s sell it or transmute it
    • only mainhand / only offhand - great choice...
    • only archetype X -
    • only ascension class X -
    • GREATER RELIC - only 1 item of that kind
    • RELIC - only 2 items of that kind
    Many decisions are just taken from us - even changed afterwards - like it was valid for the mythical hammer. With the release of KA the hammer was changed in that way that it can only be used in the mainhand anymore and that´s another negative point. If I will make a choice I like to know my options before.

Also the mythical armor pieces were on the first days of KA NOT tagged as RELIC, which was changed in a patch afterwards.

Although we made our choice, patches did another one which made our choice obsolete!

Coming to right choices is even difficulty - in a well performed decision making process we should be aware about all current options. That´s additional issue - on the KA Beta Server heroic opportunities 2.0 and epic weapons 2.0 were NOT implemented. So - no players can currently even take into account how these mechanics/items will influence the gameplay - which will fall back on the items we would select to achieve the best performance. And here you are right... taking all of this into account it´s like in JEOPARDY - depending on "our" choices we win or we loose.
    Yahku, Beee, Aquaskaientos and 2 others like this.
  4. Mandoblast Active Member

In the land of making choices, the rules always change.

ToT launch: 1 relic item allowed
    Mid ToT: 2 relic and 1 greater relic allowed

The rules always change but as players we have no idea when they do. With the sheer amount of relic items in the game increasing daily, having an extra "choice" would be nice.

I will take, Lets change the rules again for 1000 Alex.
    Trepide@Storms, Xyno and Prissetta like this.
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

So you really don't see his point?

I'd say his point is I'll take "You are limiting choices" for 1000 Alex.

Too many items with relic tag... it's pretty obvious.
    Xyno likes this.
  6. Vogie Active Member

So DBG takes what we had in TOT, makes it easier to get by giving you 5 - 8 keys per quest and allowing massive amounts of Mythical/Relic gear available to just about anyone and we STILL complain? WTF it's becoming harder and harder to come to these forums to read this crap every day.

I've opened hundreds of keys, done several heroics and have got nothing but infusers and a 14 resolve bracer yet people are winning the RNG lotto and have the nerve to complain about not being able to wear everything? Come on it's about choices, we had the same choices in TOT decide what to use and move on just WOW.

you KNOW you can only wear 2 relics and 1 greater relic crying on the forums isn't going to change it. I wish I had these first world problems :( ffs it's bad enough they opened the lotto on the Ethereal coins and items now we just want more and more.
    Mickeyroon likes this.
  7. Mickeyroon New Member

They gave some icing for the cake. Be greatful and stop demanding for more.
  8. Uyaem Member

I can only see one person crying, and it's not the OP - he actually made up a decent argument.
    And at no point in time was this about how easy these items are to obtain. It's about the plethora of intersecting and overlapping restrictions on items, where a tiny change on an item can screw you over quite royally.

Might as well have solo instances drop +10000 potency gear, but have it flagged as NO-TUESDAY. Cause that is also easy loot, and forces you to make choices... ;)
    Kuulei likes this.
  9. Mickeyroon New Member

Sounds like it would save everyone a lot of head ache to just remove all the relic and great relic gears and stick with fable stuff. Make everyone happy.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

I can't speak for all raiders, but raid loot is so bad that if not for these mythical pieces and Kander's change to the ethereal off hand weapon (triumph beta discussion) I would have left the game by now. As far as I'm concerned the new ethereal neck that dropped off Kly is the FIRST piece of raid gear we've seen this expansion. The rest of it is garbage.
    Kuulei likes this.
  11. Mandoblast Active Member

The game always has a feeling of "wanting more" for me and that is a good thing. If I dont have that feeling, then why do I play?

To be clear, I like the new mythical relic from keys and missions. Things are always a bit out of wack in the first quarter of an expac (raid loot) but then they get changed. ToT had the same thing. Bad at the start with itemization, then an armor reset, then a jewelry reset, then Zek's potency bonanza etc. Making the eth coins and items heirloom at the start of KA was a pleasant surprise. I realize that today's world is about "give me more" but I do NOT want that. What I think the OP was asking, and I support, was just give us the ability to choose more based on increase availability. Not an unreasonable request.

There is really no need to jump on the forums and say everyone is crying. People have opinions. Other people have other opinions. Working together to constructively collaborate on the game mechanics is what keeps this game and community together after so many years.

So, dont flame. That site died years ago.
    Trepide@Storms, Prissetta and Xyno like this.
  12. Mickeyroon New Member

It's my opinion that the dev did give us more. However, they do have to keep things in check and not let it run out of control like they already do. Relic have above normal stats, therefore should only be allowed to be worn with limited number.

The original intent of relic was to give you that little boost but you had to make choices on what you want. Now they're giving you more choices, for more slots so you could maximize your gear. Rather than being grateful for that, people are demanding the removal of relic tags, which in the end would just render most regular gear obsolete. Remember back in vanilla days where treasured and legendary gear was considered top gears? If they keep giving more and more, the new relic will become the new fable.
    Tsurupettan and Mandoblast like this.
  13. Vogie Active Member

The only real valid point in the op was the neck piece, it dropped in a raid zone from a raid mob. Given the history from DBG in making the class cloaks prestige from raid zones it's likely the neck piece should have only been prestige as well. The wrist was purchased off a vendor and knowing that it had the NO TRADE tag on it that is buyer beware.

The armor pieces were from key quests and in TOT they were relic as should these ones be. Asking for the neck piece to be looked at and changed I 100% agree, asking to be allowed to wear every relic piece no thanks.

We all have choices to make on loot, if you have the luxury of specing right side use the jewelry since it's been stated that the t1 jewelry is not good. If you do not have the luxury of right side then maybe sacrifice the potency for more CB, again it's choices why do we need to be able to have everything can we use some reasoning and thought instead?
    Tsurupettan, Prissetta and Xyno like this.
  14. Mandoblast Active Member

I 100% agree with you. Every relic piece worn would trivialize this game. Maybe just 1 more slot would be a huge difference. Those of us that raid have more options than those that do not. Again like someone said, 1st world problems.

Maybe my problem is that it is hard to choose..../sigh.
  15. Talduke Active Member

While we are on the relic subject how about we drop the relic tag from the Scoundrel's Slip so those of us that are still forced to use it can enjoy equipping some of the new armor. I currently have the 100m status relic wrist, 2 different relic pants, 3 different relic bp's and relic shoulders that I can only pick one of because of this dang item. Or fix tank aggro but that's for another thread...
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

You can only equip 2 relic pieces, the relic pieces are clearly labeled before you get them. Make the choice of which one is best and stop crying that you want to wear all relic pieces. This is probably one of the very few things the the dev's didn't get totally wrong.
    Errrorr and Tsurupettan like this.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Perhaps tagging such a drop as a Greater Relic, but then what do you do with your hammer... :eek:
    Personally, that neck should have been categorized as a greater relic in my opinion.:cool:
  18. kluxor Well-Known Member

These in my opinion should not be relic. I'm not in favor of adding more relics being equipped, 2+1greater is sufficient. Problem is that there really are only two viable choices...bp and legs. The other relics to be viable have to be better. Wrist would be nice...if all ascension classes got something out of it, bit as it stands the better stats belong to the armor still.

The idea of relics is to force you into making a choice, but right now you're essentially forced into bp/legs
  19. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

That could work. I'd be happy with that. I abhor the relic tag. But I also understand the BIS items...I just hate that there are so many that cannot be utilized at once, and that there seems to be one for every slot now, which is totally ridiculous.
    I honestly think if they are going to add so much relic gear, they should allow us to use more of it. Relic pieces available for every slot? My opinion, 1/3 of the slots should be able to wear relic tagged gear. Currently 21 slots-all with potential relic tags. 5 relics, 2 greater relics to be shared among armor AND jewelry. Reasonable I think.
    Xyno likes this.
  20. Ronjah Active Member

Yay, relics galore! And you can have them all! In you inventory!
    Xyno likes this.