Release date

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Koren24, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

Why in the name of God can't you tell us if all or part of the game will launch on November 30th. We need to know now not the day before. I am trying to make plans and your lack of communication is ruining everything. For the last 6 years I have planned vacation time and now I am all messed up. I wish I could say some nasty things here but I can't. You folks at SOE should be ASHAMED of yourselves for letting things get like this. TELL US NOW IF THE XPAC WON'T LAUNCH ON THE 30TH NOVEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Lodengarl Guest

Let me save you some grief... it won't.
  3. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Ormeelire@The Bazaar wrote:
    Erm...well consider this: 1) Someone quoted a post by Smokejumper indicating that it's now early December. 2) They just announced that the new launcher is patching in on the 30th, in that announcement they state CLEARLY that they are launching it BEFORE the expansion goes live, I assume so there aren't too many things to patch all at once.
    Me, even if it means I can't plan specificly I'd rather they hold off. Yes, there will always be bugs. Even the best tested game or expansion can be a bugfest. But I'd rather they wait a week or two after the 30th so that things are running at least somewhat smoothly, then push it out the 30th simply because it was a date that was mentioned once and have an unplayable mess. :p
    Or the tl;dr version: No need to have a hissy fit, every indication shows it won't be the 30th, calm down.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vengence277 Guest

The expansion is set to release early December 2011. We'll give further information during tomorrow's webcast, which is set to broadcast at 4:00 PM PST. More information on the webcast can be found here: http://www.everquest2.com/news/read/current/5045. We're extremely sorry for the confusion on the date here!
    Message edited by Isulith on 11/28/2011 20:08:23.
    There ya go, Once again they have not dissapointed me with their lack of communication and PR skills....I guess we wait for the pod cast to hear more wonderful news.
    I have three accounts , not including the other three from family members...I think after today I will cancel and see what happens , maybee come back later. I think with the price of this update and other false-hoods from smokejumper and the rest of this cast i am truley dissapointed...not a very good way to treat your fan base. No updates , no information and nothing on the update but they want you to pre-order.....this is not a good marketing move at all.
  5. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Dec. 6th. Just announced by SJ on the webcast.