Release date

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Koren24, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Wish we could get a definite NO on the 11/30 date if it's not going to happen. One of my coworkers has asked me to cover that day and I could use the extra cash but if AoD is going live I don't want to work that day. :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Unless you are using the AoD feature pack...you really don't need to take time off. It isn't like you can explore new lands, new instances/raids, etc.
  3. ARCHIVED-agentsix Guest

Brigh wrote:
    True. But there will be the whole who's the first to rush a Beastlord to 90 thing.
  4. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Deliverator@The Bazaar wrote:
    That's the guy with the recruit a friend account they opened at the last minute provided the bonuses don't expire before the release, that has three cases of dew, a port a john, a crate of snacks and NoDoz next to his desk, loaded up with SC on the new BL account to have potions puchased as well as Vitality pots and are ground in for a round the clock boxing session.
    He'll either have a SK tanking and friends and guildies rotating in the other four slots mentoring, or he's boxing anywhere between three and five of the six accounts including the new BL.
    I give it.... till the end of the first full day. This accounts for the server being a pile of buggy junk on opening day.
  5. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

So I have more than a week to betray and rip through all the Freeport content before it all gets trashed forever?
  6. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

We need to know if Nov 30 is a good date or not. I am extremly disappointed with the lack of communication.
  7. ARCHIVED-Koren24 Guest

Ormeelire@The Bazaar wrote:
    I agree with ya there, its good to know one way or another.
  8. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Deliverator@The Bazaar wrote:
    i certainly dont care who the first to 90 is.. i WILL be making a beastlord, just as he was named in eq1.... but i will take my time, and pick some lands/quests i havent done etc etc and have FUN.. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Lyssia@The Bazaar wrote:
    What? You'd rather sit in front of a loading screen, then a server crash screen, then a server down screen, followed by a server locked screen, then another loading screen (all repeated a few times). Finally log in and find all the content utterly borked and unplayable while SOE promises techs will work on it overnight?
    Seriously, go to work, earn some cash.
  10. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Oceku@Oasis wrote:
    Content ?
    As far as i read and heard in the Webcasts, this is a "Feature" Expansion, not a Content Expansion.
    Freeport is released for everyone, so it doesn't even count for it. So we have:
    Tradeskill Apprentice
    Beastlord
    More AAs (?!)
    Reforging
    Mercenaries
    Bring your Own Dungeon ()
    Did i forget something ?
    Mara had more content AND Features, and this was only an Adventure Pack for 15(?) $.
    Still hoping for Velious Part 2...
    Regards, theriatis.
  11. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Ormeelire@The Bazaar wrote:
    It won't be the 30th unless you want it broken to the point of "half of it not working".
  12. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Nadirah@Crushbone wrote:
    lol....yep yep...hence my call for a pledge that the new features be released only when ready and have adequate support to not fall by the sayside like so many other "features" have.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Nadirah@Crushbone wrote:
    How long will it take the first person to reach level 90 on their Beastlord?
    Depends [TM].
    Raknid wrote:
    So... February?
  14. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

(( I've just this morning received an email flyer from DLGamer asking me if I want to purchase AOD on it's release dat of 30th November.
    Has this actually been announced yet? That's only FOUR days away ... ))
  15. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Still no official word. I have repeatedly asked about this on forums and via PM. The only response I have gotten is that the release date is still very hush hush and that they aren't allowed to tell anyone anything, even if a date is wrong.
    News page says the webcast on Tuesday will have a "special announcement". I would be willing to be they will give us the release date then, and I very much doubt that they would release a day after announcing it. Just my opinion, though.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Gaealiege@Butcherblock wrote:
    With SOE's track record, negative and realistic often are synonymous. This is especially true where SOE's marketing department -- the people who handle the release of information such as release dates -- is concerned.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nink Guest

I have to say I am amazed at the lack of information for SOE on this expansion feature pack. With the previous expansions the pre-order webpage had a date that you had to get your orders in by to get the discounted rate.
    Since the game launch the forums were always very busy even for those who didn't get into beta speculating on what there was in the new expansion. That seems to have gone with this one; SOE usually removed the NDA prior to release so those who got into the beta could share their findings. With this update I don't know if beta has even started yet.
    I suspect the people at SOE have been told not to say anything to us yet; maybe they have a big announcement coming. Here hoping anyway.
  18. ARCHIVED-Koren24 Guest

I heard on Tuesday, SOE has a special announcement on their webcast for age of discovery. Hoping that they will give out the release date then!!
  19. ARCHIVED-Applo Guest

Quoted from Smokejumper on 11/10/11:
    "All of this (and more) is planned to happen on the same day in early December (we’ll announce the exact date as we get closer):
    • “Age of Discovery” expansion launch (pre-order available now!).
    • GU 62 -“Freeport Reborn” launch, free to all players!
    • Free-to-play conversion.
    • A brand new website with an all new players section!
    • And more. Yes, there's still more that needs to firm up before being announced!"
    So...I think they backed off a definite Nov 30 release date quite a while back. And if you look at the official pre-order information on the website it says winter 2011 (winter begins on December 22nd, officially).
    And, honestly, it's probably best that they have a good product to release when they do. For the first time in a very long time a lot is hanging on this F2P model/feature release. There hasn't been anything nearly as exciting since the official launch of the game and no major free press from the gaming giants/critics either.
    The communication by devs on here has always been pretty awful. And I really hope they just erase every single post on this site and start over from scratch on the day it is released. My guess is they'll let us know on Tuesday this week an official release date -- let's hope they leave room in it to get it right this time.
  20. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

December 22nd... well at least I'll have time off from work over xmas... Considering Sony disabled character transfers between live servers they are shooting themselves in the foot for every day that people can't pay 2450SC to change server.