red and yellow adorns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by bsod, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Buffrat Well-Known Member

A lot of the times the adorn upgrade is bigger than the item upgrade too.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Especially in the case of the Upgraded Rare runes like Storm Essence for healers or the 4% Critical Bonus adorn (1% more than what we currently have on all pieces is 7% more)
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Well tbh imo the current mechanics on yellow/red adorns are idiotic...especially if they wont put in an adornment merchant/add them to the stewards items for sale. However, if they are going to keep with this simple, please remove the darn shard requirements from the faction merchants in dov for the yellow/red/war runes...not everyone has an endless amount of shards
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Or the ability to solo ToFS X2.
  5. Mystriel New Member

Yes please make the red and yellow adornments buyable instead of being pre'adorned on armor. It makes bidding on loot a pain and makes it hard to even get the adornments. I would rather farm or obols or greater spirit's or whatever to buy them personally. The old system was much nicer.
  6. Kander Developer

There will not be a merchant for CoE adornments. We are adding green adornment removers that will remove green adornments without destroying the item, they will be available for plat from a merchant. We are also adding adornment removers that will remove any one adornment without destroying the item. These will be very costly, plat wise from a merchant, but will be rare drops in all CoE heroic and raid zones.

ETA for this stuff is next week some time.
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Why don't the adornments simply drop unattached? someone up there suddenly decide figuring out a way to create huge money sinks and make it harder to make plat is a big deal? It isn't, btw. Although it would explain why the newer raid encounters don't drop plat. I'll quit the game outright before I start running heroic/solo content just so I can pay for raiding upkeep.
    Kraeref likes this.
  8. Kinya Active Member

Why not?? Most of your players are saying that adorns already attached to the items is a dumb idea and yet you (all devs) are too stubborn to do it in a way it should be done from the beginning - adorns dropping separately.

Why can't you simply do it? It will solve lots of problems and stop causing them as it is now.

I would really prefer to bid on the adorn and then have possibility to buy it from a merchant, the same as it was done during DoV. What was wrong with that system?

So tell me/us who came up with that stupid idea of attaching adorns to items without possibility to buy adorns later on... I would like to thank that person for ruining eq2 fun for me...
    Sophronia likes this.
  9. Tylia Well-Known Member

Contrary to popular myth, not ALL raiders are burdened with more plat than they know what to do with. Since you are intent on adding a "very" costly item to a merchant, could you also please consider adding plat to the CoE raid chests? I'm not suggesting obscene amounts that would cover the "very" costly items, but every little bit helps, especially considering other expenses that go along with raiding (and playing the game in general).
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

People only get rich by either farming for SLR or soloing kunark raids.

You do not make money from actually playing the game at level appropriate content unless you get super lucky on an ethreal drop you don't want or the odd master spell. I imagine people who just log on to raid won't have much money at all.

All the plat sink will do is push people to continue farming kunark raid zones. Until they are nerfed, nothing will change.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I have over 10k and all I do is raid. Even with getting splits from SLR and guild members buying pieces for alts it has been going down sharply ever since I started having to buy raid supplies post CoE release.

This surplus of plat I have isn't recent either. As long as I have been raiding in EQ2 I have had plenty of money from JUST raiding and the only time I have come close to having negative income flow from raiding is when working non-stop on progression (dying for hours several nights in a row) and right now in the current state of CoE raiding. the only reason I don't have more is because I would randomly decide to blow several thousand plat on a alt I never end up using or buying collection pieces regardless of price for turn in's I don't need.
    then there should be no issue with making current content drop plat just as it has in the past.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

While I'm glad they decided to put in a merchant to sell the adornment removers that dont destroy the item...or turn them into uselsss appearance...I have to say from concept to beta to live release the whole adornment fiasco has been a disaster....add to that the massive fail that was beta, drinal being released with known bugs, etc..etc. I really give up sometimes.

You really need to reinstate the plat in current tier raid zones.....
  13. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Might sound dumb, but, where? Doesn´t that make crafter obsolent? oO
  14. Daalilama Well-Known Member

From what I read and heard a faction merchant in carrion ward though I cant confirm that yet tried to get on beta/test and had issues...
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

I must admit I'm suprised. Not sure how you got so wealthy splitting 20-30pp per boss between 24 people.

I don't/can't raid. I used to not farm plat and purely did heroic dungeons. I never had over 500pp.

Now I farm PR/SoH/OoA as much as I can. I make probably 600-800pp a week over what is now 4 characters, soon to be 5. I could double that doing VP but it's too time consuming for my limited playtime.
  16. Sophronia New Member

Just wanted to add my voice to the statement: It is not fun to have adornments stuck on gear
    It wasn't much fun having individual characters flagged for certain adorns last time either, and still causes me pointless relogging now, but I think this system is actually worse. Please at least let them drop seperately to gear like they did before.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Sadly Sophronia there has already been a Dev response that they will "not be adding an adornment merchant for Chains of Eternity Adornments" while not his exact words it looks like Dislodgers are the way of the future... however Heroic/Raids will drop Superb Dislodgers that DON'T destroy the gear :D so to save our gear we have to group up, I LOVE it!
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, even that way can be good.... lets take a look. But i wouldn´t count on any words writen by SoE, or at least i would not bet any cent on them.... they turned so often in the past ^^ Only cause someone said it would not happen, doesn´t prevent another guy coming by saying, it will be in soon ;)
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

20. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Agreed...remember when a number of devs stressed that the war runes would not be heirloom and they would not be making them heirloom and how much anger that caused...think it wasnt until halfway through DoV when they reversed their previous statement and made them heirloom.

The new unadorners may work out as a solution although if they drop as extreme rare items theres going to be heck to pay on the part of the devs...