red and yellow adorns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by bsod, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bsod Member

can we get the new red and yellow adorns added as trash drops yellows off heroic trash red off raid trash?
    Kalderon likes this.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Would be great if it will be added, cause of the problems, needing a item just for the adorn oO
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting this instead of having items preadorned? I would rather have a Quest for Obol or Greater Spirits in the case of Raids to then purchase our Adornments as we have. Obol being the "Heroic Shard" and Spirits being the "Raid Shard" leaving Essences as rare-special mats for Steward Gear.
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

Almost anything would be an improvement over the current system.
  5. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Exactly they really have dropped the ball this time...the fact that many have to run old group or raid zones to get white/blue shards for adornments from thurg dock (if they were runing short) is totally unacceptable....no merchant to purchase the adorns is again unacceptable....the spastic way the adorns are placed upon raid/group zone gear is extremely poor....driving raid leaders nutz by people wanting to bid on an item due to it having a war rune on it is getting bit old.
  6. Seiffil Active Member

Considering 90% of the gear I see seems to have ammo conservation, or positive or negative hate mod, this certainly is something that needs to be changed.
  7. bsod Member

i'm talking having the reds and yellows drop along with being pre-adorned so that we can get runes other then just on gear. and i agree it's a mess in raids should have seen all the mages freaking out over a scout item that dropped with a 3% double cast adorn on it and can you blame them for a mage this is the best red in the game! i think if raid trash dropped reds and HEROIC trash dropped yellows it would get a few more players into the heroic zones and and thats needed! also we need a way to get reds other then raid loot/solo loot! i'm temped to say just take the heirloom tag off the new yellows and reds so we can trade/sell the ones we don't need and get the ones we do!!
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

I have got primary, secondary and ranged yellow adorns coming out of my eyeballs yet no decent armour adorns.

Guess it's time to farm DoV1&2 again :(
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

You realize that adorns already drop a ton from trash, only you just happen to get a free armor piece attached. Keep asking for it, and the DEVs will remove the armor drops and go back to just getting runes in chests.

Honestly, the rate of trash drops in CoE zones is ridiculously high. I would much rather get adorn that just happens to be in a piece of crappy armor like it is in CoE than just the adorn itself as was in DoV. Go run AoA and then go run i dunno.. Kraytoc's. You'll find that the number of "Armor+Adorn" drops in AoA is just about equal to the number of "Adorn only" drops in Kraytoc's.

It's a different mechanic, so you gotta think about it differently. The super-high rate of trash drops more than compensates for lack of pure runes.
  10. Draylore Well-Known Member

True that in the end it may all even out in terms of Gear+Adorn -vs- old just War Runes of trash.

But the new method creates extra work for guilds/loot rules, forcing further complication of said rules, etc and increases potential for 'drama' intended or not.
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

The new system is a pain in the (you all know) :D
    I even can life with obols <-> runes (yellow&red) still no fun in this, but better then yet and less trashtalk at pugs :rolleyes:
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

I have heard so many points that the new Adorn system is just a cumbersome bullweight upon most raids. Even we don't like it and had to set up a whole separate ruleset for "5 adorn" versus "5 alt" versus a plain old "5 main". It is cumbersome and annoying especially with green adorns still raffling themselves off like happy little schoolchildren to a sweatshop (in other words its extremely dumb).

Nothing was wrong with the War Rune system. 1-2 Runes 100% of the time from EVERY boss. This means you can't just form up a 1-2 group and farm trash thus making you have to actually I dunno, raid the content with the required people? This new mechanic just empowers those who don't wish to spend the time to actually join/form a guild that can kill the first few ridiculously easy bosses I have a guild mate who 6 boxes Altar of Abhorrence and I know a mate who 12 boxes most everything except HM fights. If a Boxer can do it believe me a group of half-competent players can.

Nothing was also wrong with the Shard System as it stood since TSO. Something new and refreshing is great but not when it feels like we sat on a cactus. Random Obol is a pain and Essences are about as common as a black polar bear in a Hawaiian shirt. I would so rather have quests for Obol/Spirits then the Essences would be more of a "ooh I get a piece of Steward Gear now" instead of "Oh now if I can grind for hours in Edilon/Obol for Obol or get lucky in a group 10+ times, then I can get a piece." In other words Obol (the base currency) are more of a pain to get than Spirits and Essences are. Give us our Daily/Dominence back they were a fine reason to run a zone to get 100-300 Shards for an armorpiece. If Essences and Spirits are a must have make them the drops and just have a higher Obol cost as we will be getting them passively form Last-Named drops (for the whole group) and Quest rewards.

*Note I just watched 10+ episodes of Zero Punctuation so I may make stupid remarks here such as the sweatshop reference.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

Yes it does. But at the same time, it eliminates the need to go do 200 quests to grind out faction with 4 different adorn providers just so you can put in an adornment into your hard-earned raid breastplate.

You also have to remember, that if they adjusted the system to today's environment - where instead of having to buy a new adorn for every piece, you had to buy only 1 adorn ever - it would probably be something like 500 raid shards for each raid adorn. Which would probably just lead back to people having to farm TOFSx2 for shards or whatever.

The system changed. Yes, guilds have to adjust to figuring out whether the adorn is worth more than the item. After a month of play, we've pretty much figured it out. It's not that hard. On the plus side, once you finally get your 3 +potency adorns (or whatever), you never ever have to worry about adorn drops or farming shards or getting faction or any of that junk ever again. So yeah, it's painful at the start because it's new. But in the long run, it actually makes life a lot easier.

Personally, I used to absolutely hate having to go buy new adorns every time i got a new piece of armor. Now, i just pop the old ones out, put them into the new piece and BAM - done. No need for faction, no need for shards, no need for finding a crafter to make me white adorns, nothin. 5 seconds and my new armor is good to go with the same stuff that was in the old armor.

You can't look at the individual elements of the system in a vacuum. The whole thing - adorns on gear, dislodgers, removal of faction merchants, removal of shard farming - works together.

p.s. - yes obol distribution is stupid, fully agree. that's not really related to adorns tho.
    slippery likes this.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Just a point to this part of your post. That is a Faction issue not a Shard issue. At least in my mind they are separate.

TSO had a better method; get patterns, get shards = get gear.

In SF it was get Seals of Arad or Marks of Manaar and get Red/Yellow Adornments, no faction required.

DoV, well it failed there having to get 20-40K faction with multiple factions was very reminiscent of RoK factions and still as much of a nuisance to do on more than one character though the token to max out an alt was a much appreciated addition.

Edit: Now the second half of your post. Unless you are a Tinkerer yourself you have to track someone down with the Mana to make a Prismatic Dislodger if you want to save your White Adornments so no real leg-time saved there just mats.

Tbh though the older system encourages Adorning as a skill and keeps multiple facets of game play as being useful which imo is better. I would rather the option to choose, do I go use my accumulated shards to buy new adorns? Or do I just pay someone for a Dislodger and pop em off? I would rather the answer to both those questions be "yes"
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

True, but you have to admit that it is A LOT simpler to remember that you need 2 manas and same dislodger item every time than it is to have to go figure out how many different components for differently named legendary and fabled adorns you need, etc.

Old system encourages adorning. New system encourages BOTH adorning and tinkering.

The thing is that combining the two systems would require an adjustment. Previously, the number of shards per adornment was designed around the fact that you'll be buying the same adornment i dunno.. 10 times. Now that you only need to get it once, the shard price would need to highly increase. 500 is a bit much, but 100 shards per adorn would probably be fair. I'd be ok with that.

I think people jsut want the most beneficial parts of every system and not have to invest time or make decisions regarding any of it.

The old system wasn't really broken, i agree with that. And if they removed R/Y/W adorn dislodgers from the game, reduced trash armor drops by a factor of 10 and added rune drops and shards instead, I probably wouldn't be too upset.

That being said, if it was a choice between keeping current system and having to do 200 more faction quests and farm shards, I'll keep the current system in a second. And yeah, i'm still missing 2/3 +4 pot adorns that i need, but that's ok. I'll get them eventually. Just keep me away from the mind-numbing factioning.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

We agree there. We both prefer different methods but neither relish the thought of running one 10 quest series then have to do the samey grindy 500 faction point quests every day for a half-month.
  17. Crychtonn Active Member

Money says Arieste is not in charge of having to do loot for his guild. Sorry but if you were the one having to deal with this craptastic system first hand constantly your view would most likely be different.

Doing loot shouldn't have to be this much work. Between dealing with Obols and the adornment vs gear they've made what used to be simple in to a giant cluster*****.

BTW the Steward people buy Obol gear off has no faction so why would adding adornments to him make you do 200 more quests. If your answer is the SS and DoV guys needed faction your using a false arguement. The Steward is the same as those SS / DoV guys since he's selling the "Faction Armor" they just took out the faction part. Same could be done with adornments.
  18. Crychtonn Active Member

Also having people pay plat to replace Red / Yellow adornments is one of the only plat sinks out there.
  19. Draylore Well-Known Member

I think thats the biggest issue......a cumbersome weight on most raids that really does not in return offer any advantage over some of the older methods. Making Tinkerers happy hardly qualifies......i have two max tinkerers and I could care less. Giving loot some false sense of prolonged value is just cheap and lazy.

One aspect that is really going to become an issue with this i think is...even with guilds that have adapted new rules for adorns is how to deal with new recruits....especially under geared ones. Its a revolving door that every guild has to deal with.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep basically if a recruit gets gear over a main who wants the adorn that restricts adornments even more than they were before under the War Rune system (which I liked).