Rangers vs Assassins

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-LoreLady, Mar 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Aienaa Guest

Assassins get ranged abilities the only diffrence is, assassin ranged abilities dont provide the out put they need to. So they get classified as "useless" abilities. Assassins can run out of ranged CA's in 5.5 seconds. That means you can run out, do 5.5 seconds worth of ranged damage and run in..

I am currently working on getting DPS values for all assassin and ranger abilities - I am still writing it up so hopefully I will get it in soon (dont have alot of time on my hands).

But currently the average DPS for assassin ranged abilities is 416.5 to 676.25 - hardly t1 dps with the ranged abilities assassins get. This is included with your proc damage as well, and the total time you can maintain a ranged stance is 5.5 seconds. Its not a matter of assassins do less damage when they joust - its a matter of assassins cant do enough damage ranged.

(the numbers are part of the project im working on - I dont want to make the same mistake twice and submit an incomplete post)
    Yes, we do get a few ranged attacks.... No, they are not on par with Ranger's ranged CAs, but thier not suposed to be either... Assassins are the melee Predator class, while Rangers are the ranged Predator class... We do not expect our ranged CAs to be in line with the Rangers because that is not our specialty, that belongs to the Rangers... Just like Rangers melee CAs are not suposed to be in line with Assassins, because that is the Assassin's specialty...
    This is what makes differentiates the 2 Predator Classes....
    Assassin DPS = Strong Melee + Weak Ranged
    Ranger DPS = Weak Melee + Strong Ranged

Gwern - 70 Assassin / Nilla - 70 Alchemist
  2. ARCHIVED-Gummjai32 Guest

Sniper's Shot for rangers is a recast of 15 minutes. Not .5 seconds..