Ranger List By Upgrades

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-~Mercuic, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jiinx Guest

Hidden Fire is level 40, and Triple Fire is level 42.
  2. ARCHIVED-~Mercuic Guest

Excellent, I like the short description along with it. thanks!
  3. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

Great info! - I took yer table Gneen and modified it a bit with some corrections that have been posted here, as well as adding mouseovers with the full skill description from the updated listing on EQ2 players. Also put the skills into columns reflecting the level range you get them at so I could easily see what things I get at what tier.
    My guild's webforums allow us to post html - so I posted it there or you can go to my own site for the basic html page:
    Ranger Skill Path
    Heh - I liked this so much I've done tables for Ranger, Coercer, Assassin, and Dirge so far since they finally got around to updating those EQ2 skill lists (making it easy to get the spell descriptions programatically).
  4. ARCHIVED-Gneen Guest

Vyaelin - a MOST excellent improvement ... I'll prolly steal it back from ya!
    (didn't see the mouseovers you mentioned though ... next release?)
    =Gneen - Leaver of Shards
  5. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

bah - was in already - but I updated with some changes to the comments and broke something in the code heh will have to find it after work.

[Edit] Fixed - mouseovers should be back in
    Message Edited by Vyaelin on 10-19-2005 02:10 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Tierk Guest

Vyaelin,

Great chart! The only thing I've noticed is that the mouseovers work in IE, but not Firefox (I haven't tried other browsers) and you have Rhyn's Tiger as a level 20 pet (not sure if that is correct or not). This chart will be staying on my bookmarks!
  7. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

Thanks for the catch, no the tiger pet is level 50 - all fixed.

On the mouseovers though, they work fine in my Firefox browser. I have noticed some odd behavior though; if you have Everquest2 open and non-minimized while trying to view the html pages in a browser on a 2nd monitor - the mouseovers won't happen all the time (even with the browser having focus) - minimizing EQ2 solved the problem for me. (was this the situation when you were looking at them?)

The mouseovers are being done in basic html (using the title parameter) so no fancy javascript or other stuff. I actually expect it should work with most modern browsers. I am working on creating a javascript version because I want to extend the table a bit and put in the actual spell effects so perhaps this will become a nonissue eventually.

[Edit] I have added an extended tooltip via javascript - currently it's set to appear if you click on a table entry - I might go in and replace the normal tooltips with this (so no clicking required). This should also allow Firefox browser users to see the full description (it was truncating the description in the normal tooltips).

Ranger Skill ProgressionTable
    Message Edited by Vyaelin on 10-20-2005 08:14 AM
    Message Edited by Vyaelin on 10-20-2005 08:58 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Tierk Guest

Your right, it does work in Firefox. I guess I just didn't catch it the first time I tried it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Arges Guest

All I have to say is. THANK YOU very much. This is a great post, top 10 in my opinion.
    Asch
  10. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

Hello,
    I've extended the table to include screenshots of the various skills at different qualities. If a skill has a link next to the number I have at least one screenshot available. Note currently I have only the screenshots I have been able to find through these forums. Will add more as I get them - if anyone has any that they see are missing, feel free to post screenshots of them and I'll update it.
    Ranger Skill Progression w/screenshots
    Ranger Skill Progression (no screenshot links)

Message Edited by Vyaelin on 11-08-2005 09:14 AM
    Message Edited by Vyaelin on 11-08-2005 09:16 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

I've created a front page for the various tables for all the classes I've done this so far for you can find it at:

EQ2 Class Progression Tables

this has llinks to all of the class tables with/without screenshots etc
  12. ARCHIVED-Tevf Guest

Oi thats serious work!:)
  13. ARCHIVED-Corwinus Guest

You are the man ! I think this need to be put in the persistent topic at the top of the list instead of a guide to kiting which is irrelevant now, again this is the best tool to decide on the priorities of skill upgrading (adept 1 or 3 or master) depending on your play style, again thanks for the ranger community ;).
    Corwin Ranger 55 - Phoenix Legion - Oasis
  14. ARCHIVED-Tobann Guest

Was there a change with the most recent update? I just got triple shot and when I use it Open shot greys out,making me think triple is an upgrade to open shot. Or am I off base on this.

Buaf 28 Ranger
  15. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

No. I tested this out yesterday. I was able to use both Triple Shot and Open Shot (and Triple Shot and Flaming Shot [flaming-shot is open shot's upgrade]).
    There is currently a bug that they claim to have fixed (heh not yet really). Where occassionally when you trigger an HO the skills that work with it look grayed out but still work if clicked on (not really grayed out but it's like the flashing animation gets stuck in dim mode). Perhaps you are getting stuck with that (or a variant)? Try clicking the skill anyway even if it looks dim.
  16. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

I've updated the skill progression table with a ton of screenshots of the skills at various qualities. And a big change is I've added a table showing the progression of poisons. The poisons can be found in the predator category - as well as at the top of that page with the other potions tables.
    EQ2 Progression Tables
  17. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

***nevermind...message deleted, I figured out how to get it to the top for me at least :)******
    Message Edited by Saihung23 on 11-29-2005 10:42 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-BigPig The Destroyer Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Vyaelin Guest

New big update for the table - if you go to the table with screenshots of the skills - the page with screenshots also lists links for ingame stats of the item (from http://www.eq2linky.com) - These item links when said in say/guild/raid/etc in game will give you a link to the skill so you can see the stats as per Sony's database (thus filling in some skills I don't have screenshots of or giving more reliably up to date images as things change).

Ranger Skilltable with Screenshots
    Ranger Skilltable with no screenshots
    All Skill/Potion tables

Let me know if you find any links that aren't working.
  20. ARCHIVED-HarryHotspur Guest

Can someone sticky this please?

Also Spring appears to be a ranged AE attack so doesnt appear to replace Pounce which is a melee