Quitting cause of ascension class homogenization, epic 2.0 grind and death of alts.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AitchTee, Mar 21, 2017.

1. AitchTee New Member

Just felt the need to say something before I left after all these years.

So happy for those who these drastic changes to the game didn't ruin it for. Hope you keep enjoying it. It's not for me anymore though.

Much Love, Farewell.
  2. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I am sorry to see yet another long time loyal gamer quit. I know this was not an easy decision to make, because like most of us, we forge relationships here with our family, friends and guild members we convert into friends.

I honestly don't know what is wrong with DBG. Thousands of posts have been made about this Xpac and all the things they have done since to impede the progress of its players. (Time sink) There are servers that have almost no hope of ever getting their Fabled version of their class Epics, because DBG refuses to listen to it's players.

If it keeps going this way, there will be another server that bites the dust, when IoR, will be forced to merge.

I hate to say it, Aitch Tee, you are not alone leaving this game. Our once huge guild, is down to just the same few that logs in every day. The rest have ventured off to play other things. I have been here 12+ years, and while I am not ready to throw in the towel yet, I can honestly say, I am looking.

This game will miss you. You and the ones that are leaving make up the heart of what this game used to be about. I can't understand the non caring attitude DBG has at this point, where they just shrug everything and everyone off and continue down the path of ruin, unless this is what their destination is.

I have seen 4 stories like this today on these forums. These are not Rage/Quits... these are Frustrated/Quits. These are players that would rather stay, if the game did "anything" to fix this mess.

Aitch Tee, take care and I hope you find something out there you like to do, that will give you the happiness this game used to bring you. TC!!
    Whiomaju, Quillyne, Healious and 5 others like this.
  3. Rondo9 Active Member

This expac is going to be the death of the game, ascensions are worst thing ever to be done to this game. Class balance is the worse it has ever been. The level of pay to win is ludicrous, the currency is out of control, I could keep going with current issues but if changes don't come soon there wont be many players left.
    Ebarel, Pixilicious, Apan and 8 others like this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I keep thinking that we are supposed to lose money, so we are a tax write off for H1Z1... DBG is an American company who is owned by a Russian one.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

They just recently gave everyone access some free level 85 heroic character for paid subs. IMO, they want folks to rush back to EQ1 and give up playing over here on EQ2...so they can sunset it once and for all. Herd all the Everyquest fans back into one 18 year old game and just let EQ2 be a memory and focus all the dev's efforts on that game alone.
    Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

Well, I don't really care to play EQ1 so I am probably on the hunt for a new game then. So many people leaving after I just returned last year. Kinda sucks, when I came back halfway through ToT the game seemed somewhat healthy and I even convinced a couple of my friends to comeback with me as well. One left a few weeks ago and the other two are considering other gaming options again. Just too much to keep up with and the whole P2W is driving us all away with no skill required to play anymore. Just button mash for the win.

Sad days ahead I fear...
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

Yes...sad days for many. The hardest part for those I talk with is the idea that our frustrations are falling on deaf ears. People are leaving this game because they are frustrated and not having fun with the time sinks - faction grinds - forced old content - slowed xp gain - and worst of all is the money grab for ascension upgrades....NO player should have an in-game advantage over another because of real life money spent on spell upgrades versus the in game time it would take to research without real life cash. This P2W aspect involving spells was and is always a sore point for most players - especially those who don't have hundred's and hundred's of dollars per ascension class to shell out and even worse for those with multiple players in one household. .
  8. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

This is the main frustrating thing for me.Time sinks, faction grinds, whatever. It's very annoying, but what makes me want to quit a game is when the game implements mechanics that are specifically designed to inspire me to spend more money than I already do.

Don't agree? Look at other times we have had new mechanics implemented. Unda is introduced to the game. What do I have to do to get it? I have to play the game and earn the experience necessary. Want to upgrade my spells? The spellbooks are easy to find, and you can get a master spell right away if you are on apprentice level as long as you can find the spellbook. It was easy to catch up. It made actually playing the game feel like a worthwhile experience.

Now...well we know what it is like now. The drop rate on the illegible scrolls is disgusting. It's frankly disrespectful to the players.

When a game moves away from designing mechanics that are fun towards designing mechanics that are clearly hoping we will spend money on them...well it demonstrates that the end is near for that game. The number of active players is down, which means the game is looking for ways to profit more from the small number of players who are there. It's thin ice, and as I look towards switching from Thaumaturgist to Etherealist, I'm very torn between just not caring that I'm going to be weaker for a few months and spending money to catch up.

Though I'm also torn between staying and leaving for something that doesn't have to worry so much about finding new ways to milk the players and can just put out quality expansions with cool mechanics as the main driving force behind updates. Clearly that is not the case here anymore.

Look at ascension, which you can only get if you paid for the expansion in the first place, and tell me it was created with making the best, most entertaining mechanic possible vs being created with the prime purpose of hoping players will spend more money. This is what pushes players away. Desperation.
  9. toschoolforkool Member

I know some members from our guild quit too. saying the same thing you have said. I had 2 active accounts. Now im down too 1 and already canceled next months sub fee.

The Dev's do need to take into account time vs reward. of course there is a lot of things i disagree with, but the sealer for me was when " daybreak " took away low lvl grinding xp. That what i liked. I enjoyed grinding away, gettin loots. Not alot of loots but just some. and getting nice xp / tithe as well. ( now none of the zones give any decent xp, Im so sick of grinding new content that doesn't give much xp. Either way,
    Good luck Eq2 Players.
    Meneltel, Lateana and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Healious Active Member

I also quit a few weeks ago. Held out as long as I could (13 years). I just wasn't having fun anymore for the same reasons that people have previously stated all over the forums. I really have no faith in DBGs ability to create a quality product anymore. Take care Norath.
    Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Creasote Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the post, I play a Conj but it doesn't feel like I play one any more bc of ascension skills and epic being so important. No need to even hotbar most of my spells anymore.
    Whiomaju, Lateana and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Sennen Well-Known Member

Tera's been pretty fun for me. Tried about 5 or 6 games and Tera won... close call between Blade and Soul and Tera, but the plat spammers in Blade and Soul are out of control, although it may be a better game if you can ignore that.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Many of us, myself included, have been saying in these forums for at least 2 years now that this game has turned into a pay to win enterprise. Since CN/DBG took over in particular. Many of the forum white knights worked hard to silence us, but it can no longer be denied that CN/DBG is going to wring the dish rag until in runs dry and then sunset the game. They haven't been concerned with quantity or quality for a while now.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

THIS ! money

takes all the fun away

u see many raids guilds recruting again. Some say the money comes from HC gamers who pay to get better, but if even them are leavng, then it means DBG will really be in a bad position.

The game has become frustrating. and too much time consuming. Shouldn't be. So again somebody who leaves, but how many leave without posting a thing .. a lot.
    Ratza and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Ratza Well-Known Member

I'm not looking for another game....What I am looking for is some sign that we are being heard and things will be turned around.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you tried looking on Discord?
  17. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

300 members across 120 accounts - and these days around 5 log in regularly.
    Thanks Daybreak.
    Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Inesk Member

Im just waiting for Pantheon to come out. Brad Mcquaid is the brains behind it and looks awesome so far. Ill just continue logging in for raids until even that becomes as bad as regular stuff
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

With all due respect, I hope you have some really strong eyes because you are going to be looking for a long time if the past/present is an indicator.
    Meneltel likes this.
  20. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Hey Nom!

This is Erm. I know I haven't been on in a while to catch up on you guys. I saw this and realized that I had the exact same reaction with ToT. I stuck it out waiting for the same thing you are. I had the computer issues and that was my sign. I am still really glad my sign came before I put more money into the game and before I accepted the expansion from someone in the guild. I hope you guys get the turn around you seek and continue to have fun (Not so many fail whales :D).
    Ratza likes this.