Quitting cause of ascension class homogenization, epic 2.0 grind and death of alts.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AitchTee, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

/waving Hi to Erm...we have missed you. Glad to hear from you. :)
    RedvsBlue likes this.
  2. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I have gone to discord, it has fallen on deaf ears. They don't even respond. Other players respond and it's not sufficient.

I am beginning to think that DBG is wanting the game to collapse, so they can cut and run. I have never seen ANY company try it's hardest to get rid of players, than DBG is doing right now. NOT ONE person from DBG has come to this or any post like it to respond.

Wasn't there suppose to be some sort of player council formed? Where is it, what has it done? We need someone from each class to represent the needs of the community to DBG. How many people have quit since the expansion was released? How about a number DBG? (don't think that will be forth coming).

But as an example I made a post earlier about being on IoR and 5 classes of priests NONE have gotten their fabled. On other servers they have them. So many people have quit on this server, it is very low population and you can get groups to get Epic updates done. The one for the priest is so ridiculous, it is impossible to do. Fabled Nizara (Heroic). IoR needs to be looked at because adjustments need to be made to make the server successful. If not, everyone there is going to get dumped into a server they don't want to be in. And many PAID CASH to move their alts here, will they be refunded when thrown back to the server they paid to come from when IoR gets shut down and has to merge?

Since DBG advertised their channel on Discord, why don't they set aside like 2 nights to address our concerns??? I would not be asking if I wanted to quit the game, I been here for 12+ years. I have many friends here (and many that quit). So, how about it DBG, Will you send out emails, or in-game mail or log in announcement about having a hosted Discord chat on the current state of events in this game?
    Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  3. Maximumm New Member

Ive been playing for 13 years and I have to agree, this is my FIRST post ever, due to the severity of the problem with limiting ascension experience, I will not make asc 10 before next year and some folks who took advantage of the pre nerf exp and exp scrolls are already 10. with Vitality your exp slows down and thats ok, but with this Ascension limit it now ever wait not ever quest. REMOVE the LIMITS NOW !!!
    Kristabella likes this.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

Maximumm....you didn't and still don't need to be taking advantage of pre-nerf experience to level ascension.....run adv solos in KA and ToT...even butcherblock heroics/adv solos can give you experience too....get in some groups when you can...the levels will come - are they slow yes...but it is doable and shouldn't take a whole year to get lv 10 on your chosen ascension. Am I agreeing with the xp nerfs?...heck NO!....but despite those nerfs there are still ways to earn the experience needed in less than 1 year.
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

To those devs that are keeping track of these forums:

Trying to sneak in pay to win will cause more people to leave until this game is dead. We aren't stupid, most of us see it, so please, keep that pay to win stuff out of our game. Unless of course you are looking to purposely kill it, then feel free to carry on.

-Signed, The EQ2 Player Community
  6. Apan Member

I would love to see a change and Daybreak bring this up in their morning meetings to address the DPS and balance for classes but I think everything you guys are talking about are falling on deaf ears.
    I'm at the point of ending my subscription myself been playing since day 1 but now things have gotten to where nothing is fixed.
    I really don't understand why Daybreak doesn't address the problems that are brought up.
    use to I had a great time playing and now you have to wait hours for a group and since they added resolve some players can't run a zone because their resolve is low.
    Resolve was a bad thing to add to this game really screwed players.
    I can understand why they added it to slow down players and keep bot teams from getting in raid zones with 6 players and selling loot,but they hurt the regular players.
    I believe that they really don't care if they lost every paying player.
    Kristabella, Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. EQSara New Member

I left as soon as I read about the new xpac. I played each night for 4 plus hours, more on my days off, but still considered myself casual. Had no problem getting the best gear, including ethereals, doing groups and a little raiding, so it wasn't about being a have or have not. I'm sure I could have "kept up" if that my goal or desire, but then the game would have seemed more like a second job as opposed to just having fun. I just had zero desire to go that route. Had I decided to stay, I would have had to sacrifice two of my toons, just to keep my main viable, which I didn't want to do. So, after re-upping my sub for a year just weeks before the "new and exciting" features of the upcoming xpac came out, I decided to just leave before I ended up hating the game which gave me so many good memories and great new friendships, I wanted to remember how great this game was, not what it was about to become.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

And yet you're still here.
    Malleria likes this.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Another troll. Seriously I have left the game a couple of times due to RL getting in the way and have been playing EQ off and on since 1999. I have an opinion and it is always based on relevant information for the time. Your generalization of people is telling of your level of ignorance. I am glad older players who have left check in, it means they are still passionate about a game I also appreciate and love. Just because our opinion now is negative doesn't mean we want to be this way. It means we care and want some changes. I invite anyone who loved this game at one time or another to always come back and chime in with their thoughts. The community is what made EQ and EQ2 great to begin with. No matter if we agree or not, good debate is always healthy so long as it stays on point.
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

Eh... People are free to post their opinions, but I have to agree with Dude in this case. SO MUCH has changed since the end of ToT and now. The game is a very different beast, and no amount of reading update notes can really give you a feel for current gameplay. A lot of stuff has changed just in the last month, let alone the last 5 months.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Absolutely. If someone wants to know how the game has changed, the forums are a bad place to look. The vast majority of players don't read these forums, much less post on them. The are some informative posts on the forums, but most are just angst filled complaints about something that may or may not warrant the angst. Long before I'd point someone to the forums I'd recommend logging in, seeing if they recognize old friends or just names they recognize as someone they trust, and then chat with that person to get their opinion. If that's too much for them, I'd direct them to Feldon's site. Depending on their style of play, I might recommend EQ2 Library. There are a few really good resources out there for getting a good handle on the state of the game. These forums don't tend to be one of them.

Even with all of that, I'm still not sure that the player would be well informed without actually experiencing the game.
    Moorefallen likes this.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

This is actually a fair assessment. But I would also say that regulars to these forums know how to tell the difference and where to look as well as what information to trust as fact...
  13. Moorefallen Active Member

To the OP: I am part of guild dedicated to players returning to the game. I my self came back to the game With KA. at some point we all feel the way you do to some extent. So Best of luck to you friend and if your travels bring you back this way we'll leave a light on for you.;)
    Jrox likes this.
  14. Billyrayy Active Member

This game is losing players at an alarming rate, it's very sad to see.
  15. Xerikton Active Member

please leave. you will find the other mmos out there are just shallow and easy mode with bright shinny graphics to lag your older machine. after a while you will return like a few of us did.
    Earar likes this.
  16. Venser Active Member

After a while there will be nothing to return to :).
    Earar likes this.
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

EQ2 has become a job, with everything mentioned above.

If I'm going to work, I'm going to get paid. I could work 7x24 for pay, no end of jobs, but to decompress I played EQ2 since 2004, but the death of alts, end of feeling 'heroic', resolve, horrible resolve mechanic.

I'm still doing stuff, but work is more entertaining, especially since I get a paycheck for it.
    Kalika, Tekka, Archon of Hate and 2 others like this.
  18. rutro Well-Known Member

Don't know what game you were playing in 04, but in 08 it was a hell of a lot harder to solo and a lot more grind. Non-heroic mobs could kill you in the wild- LOL! Guess you forgot? If you do not have time to play an MMO. Do not expect a game franchise to change around your lifestyle.
  19. Xerikton Active Member

just the kids and those too impatient to earn something. not all that many but rather very vocal in the forums. such can be spotted by the under 2 year birthdate of their toons in sig. usually.
  20. Xerikton Active Member

game is stupid easy now as compared to then. tle isn't even close to how it was.

all mmos will take time to play if you want to keep up. this one isn't any different.