Quintessences

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sneakle, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Sneakle Member

Those are way too rare as a non TS since I cant get heirloom or attuned items salvaged.

A few ways to up these. Make more drop from legendary item or put in alot more fabled gear.
  2. jessejames Active Member

No I like them rare and expensive

Edit : on my server you can buy a quint + blank rune for 2k on broker. That's 1k less than a krono. That still makes them a ton more attainable than tov war runes. Please Soe don't make quints easier
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

While i absolutely HATE the RANDOMNESS in the rarity of items like quints and spellshards, I think that as long as spellshards remain as rare as they are, it makes sense for quints to remain same. This way adventurers at least have something we can trade to harvesters for our spellshards. I want to kill dragons, not pick flowers, so i'm happy that i'm able to obtain some rare materials by doing so that i can trade for some of the rares that botters and farmers can obtain just by running around and doing something that involves zero skill whatsoever.
  4. Themightybevo New Member

There is no reason to change anything. Check out the other thread OP made on this issue. He just wants war runes and doesnt want it to have to be crafted by anyone.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

With the number of players I personally know with several hundred of these available, I don't think we really need to do anything else to make them more common.

Give it a few weeks and these things will be less than 100p on your broker.

I can literally make 5+ of these in less than an hour.
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

Please share. I'd love to know how you can get 5+ Q's in an hour. They are 2K+ on Guk with less then a page of them on the broker last I looked. I got a whopping one out of all my 95 gear I salvaged before the salvage nerf.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

I guess I need to move a 100 of them over to Guk then and take all your server's platzes
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

Guk also needs and infusion of Foundations and Spellshards. Both levels if you have them ;)
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

5 in 1 hour solo ?

Since AS rewards do not yield transcendances, and since even heroic drop do not always turn into a transcendance i don't see how this can be done. You are certainly a good player but i don't think you can (yet) solo AOM raid content.

Someone told me to try something with MC and rares it may work.
  10. Sneakle Member

Robbish. I dont mind things being fracted, I do mind being able to get some of those tings without having to spend 2-4 kronos worth of plat. I sub, but dont have 40-90k plat as some do, I had 2.5k. I bought 2 kronos to get some PP for blank runes to discover I need quintessences aswell and they got for 3k on a my server. It's all about me not liking tradeskilling at all and the currency and rare you need to get things forced to be a crafter. even with the new exp I'm probably not going to get a TS to 100. It's like eating something that would make you sick, that is how much I dislike tradeskilling.

But if alot more were to come from salvaging then tehy will be cheaper.

I take it they are used in grandmaster spells too? Well I'm not talking about spells but war runes. Add another ingredient for war runes than the same that goes for spells?
  11. jessejames Active Member

Why are you bringing up grandmaster spells? Another thread quints have nothing to do with them

Fact war runes are still easier to get in aom than tov

Fact if the price of quints is too high the price will eventually go down as more fabled gear becomes junk.

Fact you don't need 5 war runes to play Eq2
  12. Laita Well-Known Member

Hell no to both!! They should be rare, and despite them being semi-rare, it's still too easy to get the exact war rune you want made, as opposed to watching the same crap rune pattern drop over and over. Putting more fabled gear in game is also a complete fail as it will flood the market with quintessences and polished mana's... lets have fabled gear, adorns, war runes mean something, instead of making it so everyone can have everything they want within a month of the xpac being launched.

People who cry about stuff like this and try to dumb things down are the same ones that moan 2-3 months into xpac that there's not enough content and nothing left to do... blah blah blah...
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Assuming no changes are made.
    Avithax likes this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

There are more ways to get these. I don't want to just let the cat out of the bag as some players have figured it out, some haven't. But just do some experimenting and you might find more ways to find them.

I do box AoM trash for the nice adorns, but yeah, that has nothing to do with where I'm getting these ;)
    Kalika likes this.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

LOL so i wil try to break anything : MC items, expert books, ares, refined rares, adornments ...

I don't think that the trick is to break level 100 legendary, it is certainly something else.

Just a question : Can anyone able to defeat any Solo/Asolo content do it or do you need to group/box heroic?
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

You don't need to be able to do any significant content to do this, any single solo player has the tools needed to do it.

Unless as Feldon mentioned earlier, if SoE changes it.
  17. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Yellow malice gear from advanced solos will break down into quintessences. Very very random.
  18. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind seeing a recipe to make them say from 10 or 20 rares....while the devs did indeed make the books for war runes/armor runes more obtainable....the Quintessences on the other hand not so much.
    Jrel and Kalika like this.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

if a quintessence costs more than 1.5 times a krono in Broker there is something wrong :eek:

Because I missed the early feature for lv 95 gear, I had only around 100 pc gear for creating quintessences,(including some lv 100 fabled) and i got ZERO quintessences.

With actual creation rate it's useless to think a twink ever get's a lv 96 warrune
  20. Kalika Well-Known Member

This would be a good move.