Quest recipes auto deleting upon completion.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Caith, May 15, 2013.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

Your not understanding the programing side of things, it has nothing to do with whether you open and close your crafting book or whether there are crafting tables in the zone (actually to do a query on this would take longer than keeping it as it is now) but as long as you do not need the crafting it would remain archived whether there were tables in the zone or not. if you do need it either by pressing "N" or clicking a crafting table it would at that point query the archive and take a few seconds longer to load the first time but once it has loaded your recipes it will be as fast as it is now regardless of how many times you open and close the book or table until you zone where it would then archive it again. Much like when you swap out gear but do not zone if you look up yourself on eq2u it will still show you wearing the old gear but if you zone and refresh then poof your new gear shows up.
  2. Caith Developer

Thanks for all your feedback here folks, I really appreciate it! We've gone ahead and made the change to allow the daily recipes to remain in your book, so the next time you pick them up they will stick around. Since the patch notes don't mention the change, I am not sure if that made it into this patch however it if it did not it will be in the next one.

We'll continue to make single use recipes remove themselves as often as possible on quest turn in, however any repeatable, and non-seasonal, quests will remain in your recipe books for now.
    Spindle, Elostirion and Feara like this.
  3. Calthine Well-Known Member

4. Guiscard Active Member

Thanks - how about making the TS one stackable?
  5. Kurogo Active Member

I like that the apprentice recipes now stay in the book. But ultimately letting the crafters choose which recipes they want to keep and want to delete would be the best option. Sure there are a lot of one time quest recipes that never get used again; but like mentioned earlier, the SF crafting recipes are also usable as house items, and I'd like to keep the ones around that I am able to craft multiple times. Perhaps it would be feasible to allow the quest givers to give out extra recipes in case you delete one by accident and find you still need it?
    Deveryn likes this.
  6. Karrane Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Caith!!
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

I add my thanks!!
  8. Calthine Well-Known Member

I think you mean the recipe results, not the recipe.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Many thanks, Caith!
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The recipes stay and the items will now stack on Test. :)
    Feara and Elostirion like this.
  11. Sambril Well-Known Member

Nice. And I see that they can be sold to vendors :D
    Feara likes this.
  12. Kurogo Active Member

How much are they selling for? I was always able to sell my items (up to t9, I haven't made any extra t10s), but 5c for an item that cost me 7+g was not worth it.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I have no clue on pricing. It seems the update didn't go to the beta server, where I actually have a crafter.

5c does seem low. Of course, it's one of those things we should never have to sell.
  14. Kurogo Active Member

Ideally, but when GU66 came out I had made a few extra T9 items that I couldn't use anymore due to the added tier.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've destroyed more than a few as well. Only have 1 or 2 crafters that still have stashes which I'm now going to sit on until I can vendor them.
  16. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

All quests were not created equal..
    1. A repeatable that I can still do should stay in my book.
    2. A one time quest recipe should delete itself
    3. The apprentice quest recipes should be in one book and delete when you have moved to the next level.

The reason we should be allowed to keep the current apprentice recipes. If we are out doing adventuring and it's time to run and do apprentice, it would be nice to be able to make what you need prior to going to the apprentice house,
  17. Leasoncre New Member

I agree.

If a quest recipe is not used outside of that quest (one-time use/need), why retain it at all?

Q: why can't quest recipies automatically add to [your] recipe book? [this would make redundant-clicking for quest-recipes unnecessary. and game-play much more convenient.]
  18. Sucha Active Member

For recipes that are only used once and are never used again sure they could be deleted once the quest they are used for is finished and turned in. As far as the recipes that are repeatedly used such as apprentice dailies they should just be left in the book. Even on my old computer that was 10 years old loading the recipes did not take an overly long time, and my main has over 7000 recipes.
  19. Caela Well-Known Member

I noticed this weekend that the weekly ToV quest recipe for the fish had to be scribed again. I know I had done the quest before - as I still had leftover fish diagrams in my inventory (you can delete those as well, or have the next recipe use all of them).

The weekly and daily tradeskill quest recipes for ToV should stay in our recipe book from day to day and week to week.

It would also be nice if they were all in one book so that they could be easily filtered (I think the daily may be - but the weekly are not).
  20. Mae- Well-Known Member

This is a 6 month old thread, with the changes talked about long ago implemented. Why are we still talking about it?