PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Other Exiles can attack you too.

So much for the supposed "beta server polls" that were supposed to ask beta testers-only what they think after the beta had started though, eh? This thing launches next week pretty much as-is.
    Dull4h4n likes this.
  2. Naroc Active Member

Was there a reason the servers were wiped? Nothing that was changed/updated really required a wipe. We were all getting ready to test higher tier content and now we're back to level 1. We're ONE week from launch, which seems rushed btw, and there are still vital issues that have yet to be addressed through update notes or replies from the developers. Is Exile gone for good? Status on all classes/all factions? Are Pumice Stones stackable? What happened to the beta polls that would further your player feedback? Class feedback changes?

I could go on and on in a wall of text but at this point it just seems like you guys have a plan and you're sticking to it no matter what. Hopefully that mindset doesn't turn this into Nagafen 2.0.
    ringgirl_UFC, Jexus and Siren like this.
  3. Savne Member

Thanks for the update notes! Any plans to balance some of the classes before launch next week, or at least plans to tell us which classes you will work on balancing in the future? For example, clerics and shamans are unplayable in PvP. Players will be hesitant to roll these at launch before they know these classes won't be broken for several expansions again.
    Naroc and Daarkstar like this.
  4. Exur Well-Known Member

Too soon! These servers are NOT ready for release. Who is rushing you? I can say with confidence, it's not the player base here. "We" want you to get this right from the start. I don't like testing, reporting and seeing fixes on live. We are all very happy and willing to help "you" beta test this to get it right at launch. You are rushing this too much.

I know you need to focus on your next campaign, but trust me when I say, "these" TLE servers are more important then that. Too soon guys, too soon...
    Trivursar, Trasor, Ozryc and 6 others like this.
  5. Healface Active Member

Dev response from Caith in TLE PVE feedback thread:

Summoner pets had a few tweaks last night, but nothing major. Summoner swarm pets however got kicked in the jimmy.
  6. Healface Active Member

It says in the update notes, that all spells will have PVE function in PVP. Balance is no more.
  7. Thinwizzy Active Member

With launch in one week, we need a beta buffer. There is a lot of content that still needs to be done at 50.
    Naroc likes this.
  8. Yanan Member

Daybreak What are you thinking? Not listening to the player base will be the end of you! Rethink now or my self and family are done! There are a sea of other games why stick here for an old game and be told that my opinions don't matter? Yea I love Everquest games but I am sick of company's with there own agenda. If I wanted to join a dictatorship I would. Loose faith in your player base means a sure sign of a drowning company! I am giving my fair warning for not just my self but my 4 brothers. The repeated disregard and rushed release including the notice of the beta wipe and unbalanced pvp with no appearance gear to allow us to gain an attachment to our characters has made each of just tired of this game. We where excited but now loosing faith quickly. If something doesn't change we will not be around much longer paying subscriptions. I have my self two accounts active since 2000. More Daybreak cash then I know what to do with. I feel I have been played!
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Well, it's good that a new PvP server is launching without BGs, WFs, PvP gear, flyers/leapers, guild halls/prestige housing, or fast ground mounts at least. But that looks to be about it for positive changes.

On the negative side: Still no Exiles, and not even a PvP beta server-only poll to doublecheck how us paying customers feel about that? No skill balancing at all, no costume slot making a return, and no word on mit nerf class balancing or a fix for broken Heroic AI/pathing, etc.?

Well, at least those who only paid for a month will get a couple weeks' paid time on the TL-PvP at any rate! :p
    ringgirl_UFC and Jexus like this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

From Caith in the new stickied TL-PvE thread:

1. EXP And Vitality Potions on the Marketplace - We will be removing these from the marketplace for the first few weeks.

2. The bell inside Neriak will take you to Freeport, likewise the one on the docks at Halas will take you to Qeynos.
    Edit: As for other, even more convenient ways, that hasn't been decided on one way or the other.

3. Abilities that were removed from auto-grating - Abilities such as taunts that were removed from being auto-granted at low level will be added back in.

4. Summoner pets had a few tweaks last night, but nothing major. Summoner swarm pets however got kicked in the jimmy.

5. Oh, and no buff baubles. Sorry folks, but the first priority here is the path, not the finish line.
  11. Gromph Member

How are you interpreting this? I read it as a direct nerf, since most spells were listed as doing less damage in pve than pvp.

With the reports of scouts ranged autoattack hitting for 1kish at 50 this isn't moving in the right direction unless I interpreted this wrong.

Also still waiting for the summary of changes and currently ongoing work we were told this thread would contain. When will we have a solid ruling on whether we have access to all classes since determining our own destiny with the Exile vote seems off the table.
    Darvos likes this.
  12. Shanyn Member

Not sure how they are supposed to take a poll on the beta server, when Caith already stated that there is no mail functionality on the beta servers.
  13. Healface Active Member

That is a very complicated question.

Everything as we know it will change. Everything from DPS output, healing capacity, to interesting game mechanics being back in the game.

This also means there is no way to balance anything, as DBG will not change any PVE mechanics to solve PVP imbalance issues.
  14. Gromph Member

Sure wish I could log into my 50 wizard and test this..
  15. Riposte New Member

People always want their cake and to eat it too. As far as I can recall, there was a vote on the original PVP poll to have Exile faction, so people voted no enough. Also, with people wanting vanilla, a lot of their changes are vanilla, no exile, no betrayal, pve abilities having almost the same effect in pvp, etc. It's funny the difference between how you thought it was vs how it actually was, is.

As for the rush, if you guys really thought these servers were about us the players, you're crazy, it's about money for Daybreak / Columbus Nova. All the people that wanted to try the beta had to pay, they've already got your money, they aren't following through on any beta polls OR taking enough time with the beta servers. I mean, maybe they have it all under control, but I doubt it.
    Chiaroscuro and Siren like this.
  16. Naroc Active Member

While this may be true, how many people playing on the PvP beta now were not around for the poll that was released on a dead server (Nagafen)? The polls need to return one way or another. While it may not be possible on beta due to mail issues, it should definitely be a priority upon server launch. They can even add new questions to it if need be.
    Jexus likes this.
  17. Daarkstar Active Member

Kinda sad to read the update notes today. Really don't understand why so many people's wishes for exile is being ignored....

Zero mention of a fix for shamans/clerics (guess I'm being forced into druid again) and CC is staying at PVE durations? Why am I even bothering playing a healer... I'll just roll enchanted like everyone else.

Live in a week? Why? This server isn't ready.
    Jexus and Siren like this.
  18. Jexus New Member

Would really appreciate a way to cast an additional vote on a few topics. Exile is and always will be a huge part of my pvp experience, and I'm sure i'm not the only one. I can accept exile being removed if the vote was cast within the beta server, but somehow I don't believe that will happen.
    The solution to population imbalance in my mind is to lose all masters when exiling; Having an extra plat sink couldn't hurt either.
    I leveled a defiler from 20 to 80 in exile across two expansions, level locking in a number of tiers before moving up. The importance of guild coordination in exile is pivotal and that is what made it so great.
    Also
    Have we gotten any news as to whether or not the halas appearance helm griz is working?
  19. Riposte New Member

I heard the polls were up, they posted it on the forums so I logged in to my free account and answered the poll. Also, the PVP and PVE polls were sent out on both PVE and PVP servers. Not to mention, you, gankedandshanked, xloitl and others were talking constantly about these servers on eq2 flames. I'm sure everyone knew, maybe people don't want exile more than just the one guild who wants to go exile.

I think not having Exile is a mistake though. 3 faction pvp is much, much better.
  20. Pikaboo Member

Is there a possible appeal process for Exile/Appearance gear when we get into later expansions like KOS, ROK etc?