PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Dixa Active Member

the devs are not going to cave to a vocal minority of forum posters that represent only a single-digit percentage of the total playerbase participating on the server. they also can not possibly cater to all playstyle preferences. there is also likely some behind-the-scenes pressure from higher ups to get this server out sooner than later given how long out and profitable the eq1 version has been.

there are few things I don't like about the new servers, but I don't pretend to be so arrogant that to think the servers will not survive if I personally do not play on them.
  2. Kendayar Active Member

Well if a minority being so impossibly good at PvP can get a PvP feature removed from a PvP server then I'll do my part in being as directly unhelpful to my faction as possible so they'll roll the other side so I can get some decent PvP or they reroll on the PvE server since that's where they belong
  3. Frinch Well-Known Member

Most complaints aren't about playstyle preferences, don't be so obtuse. They're about misleading the players. 11 years and several betas (two, 11 years apart, for the same tier) and they're still asking for our feedback and doing mind bogglingly stupid things nobody asked for or understands.

Frankly, the devs should get down on their pudgy knees and thank this 'vocal minority' for maintaining the illusion that their feedback protocols are anything other than Caith leaning over to Kander and saying, "Hey, let's you and I have a vote on appearance slots, K?"

Nobody thinks that your arrogance is pretend. Still, how about testing your theory? Leave, and someone can PM you and let you know how the servers are doing.

~F
    Ardur Duradan likes this.
  4. Xephane Active Member

He isn't talking about his own arrogance, he has a good point.

What he is saying is that some players think that if they say on the forums that they themselves are not subscribing that the developers will suddenly change their minds just for the cash of that player. THAT is what does not get you what you want. He is talking about other player's mentality towards this, and I agree with him.
  5. Dull4h4n Member

Sounds like the real problem is server population, and the Exile faction is just being used as a scapegoat.

Whether players, good or bad, choose to join a FFA faction, its illogical to conclude that because such a faction exists that it somehow ruins the server. If there aren't enough people on the other two factions, something about the server is lacking and having 1 less faction isn't going to fix it.
  6. Riposte New Member

It was voted on. I don't have a picture of the one where it has [PVP] but I have the PVE one.
    [IMG]
  7. Dixa Active Member

appearance works on pve though. well ok I didn't try to wear cloth as a plate class, but using all the newbie gear for appearance works so far.
    Siren and Healface like this.
  8. Riposte New Member

Do you plan on throwing your body down, followed by kicking and punching the ground while throwing a tantrum as well?[IMG]
    Xephane likes this.
  9. Riposte New Member

That's where the difference comes from I guess, people don't have to worry about checking buffs to try and figure out what class they are fighting. I voted for it because I like to wear gear that matches but I understand the conflict.
  10. Peak Nagafun

Given that it followed questions about marketplace, and it mentioned "combat pet illusions", something that was commonly sold in the marketplace, would people not make the assumption that I did, and believe that it was about appearance gear in the marketplace?
    Trivursar likes this.
  11. Koppar Member

Create a new poll on exile, i´ve never played Exile, and they where mostly a pain in the *** when I played. But they where a nice element of surprise. But if exiles are allowed then all classes in both cites be allowed too.

Also fix CC, the immunity timer do not matter if you are CC until you die.
    And create a vote to remove the scrub infamy-bar.
  12. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Which DEV(s) play chanters?

No exile? Seriously?
    Lungz and Siren like this.
  13. Kendayar Active Member

epic meme XD

No, I'm not a baddie. Can't help you with that. There'll be plenty of you crying to forums and GMs and devs and whoever will listen when you get sat on by some group and i just stand by encouraging them.

I'll still get my fames of course.
  14. Propofol New Member

Exile made nagafen. The best players int he game were in exile from level 70 onward. Good luck getting a group of them to raid with you in FP.
  15. Koppar Member

Typical Exiles thinking they where the best. At least a lot of them where good at running.
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

As much as summoner pet changes needed nerfing, all I'm reading is there's no reason to play anything but scouts (and enchanters!). DPS Mages are pretty much trash with pet/swarm pets being nerfed due to scout auto attack numbers being bananas.

Can't wait to play them warden warden troub coercer ranger brigand groups.

Pumice Stones are cool and all but all they are are self charm cures. Groups will still run double charms and charm healers to force them to use their pumices and then they don't have it to cure anything else.
    Ardur Duradan likes this.
  17. Dull4h4n Member

Charm in PvP is ********, but am I the only person who sees a problem with a charmed player being able to cure themselves? You're either charmed or you're not. The fact that you have to allow a player to dispel charm while charmed only makes it more obvious that it shouldn't be a thing.
  18. Pomakik New Member

Wow no exile... why the **** did i even sub for beta then. guess i'm not gonna play this server GG. as for any noob saying only faction with all classes where the **** were u guys? clearly not nagafen. you could betray & then betray back to your faction & pick either class..................................................................... sub officially cancelled.

i was so ******* hyped for this too.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Thinwizzy Active Member

If you seriously think exile is what killed Nagafen, you weren't really paying attention. Having a third faction balanced out the other 2 factions. The only reason I can see people not wanting exile in are people that had a grudge against those guilds who choose to play in exile. I have been hearing from a decent number of people that this decision will make them not play on this server. Having exile in did not hurt population. Having exile out has already hurt the population of this new server. People who don't like exile don't really have their game play effected much if exile is in. The people who love exile, have their game play quite negatively effected if exile is not in the game.

I see people trying to argue about 'faction hoppers'. Really? Who cares? If someone wants to change faction let them. Why does it hurt you if they want to do something new and keep the game from getting stale? All it does is keep them playing when otherwise they may have gotten bored and quit. Isn't keeping people playing what we want?

What happens now when one faction inevitably gets much larger than the other? You aren't going to have an exile group or guild to come in and try to take down the larger threat. If population gets out of balance we are stuck with it. We won't be able to have a guild move if they want to try to balance things.

We need this decision seriously reevaluated.
  20. Koppar Member

I agree, exile is good for balance, and will bring more players to the game.
    At least throw in a new poll about it to all the beta pvp players
    ringgirl_UFC, Siren, Lungz and 4 others like this.