PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fetish Well-Known Member

^^^

Absolutely. There are a crap ton of people on the TL PvP server...they are the ones who should be polled about Exile as the peeps on the bluebie servers just /troll'ed the poll. Even if not intentional, they did by having never experienced red server play when Exile was a viable faction for a more involved PvP experience. ...of course Exile meant nothing to a blue server player. I understand that you had 2 separate polls for people to pick between...but I feel you would be doing a huge injustice if you are going to pretend that there was a good representation of RED server players filling out that first poll.
    Siren, Slant, Charlice and 3 others like this.
  2. Riku New Member

[IMG]

Is this intended for the TLE servers as well or subject to change?
    Siren, Tract and Brathly like this.
  3. Ecno Well-Known Member

Was just now trying to go find the blackmarket broker out in Antonica... his name is Fuddlesprock. The guy in Qeynos harbor in the secret room under ground/through the water tunnel says he is in Antonica... but he is not. None of the guards find him when I type in his name. I went out to check the tents where he normally spawned (from memory... i could have forgotten a few) and I couldnt find him with track open as well and his name in it. Banderspark (the gnome in the secret room in QH) has the quest above his head that would normally initiate Fuddlesprock being in ANT but he wont let you get the quest. You can hail him over and over but he never offers you a quest and the feather is still above his head. I am about 99% sure he isnt in Antonica even though it says he is, the guards normally will find him if you ask them to find NPC with his name.

Please look into this, we need blackmarket brokers working like the old days. I want to go buy adepts and things like that from cross faction but I am unable to because it seems to be broke. There are alot of good reasons for the blackmarket... mainly ability to buy things from cross faction... but it also brings a little pvp action out there randomly sometimes.
    Fetish, Charlice and Brathly like this.
  4. Hammdaddy Active Member

Yeah, they probably can't change it without affecting the live servers
  5. Aeeron New Member

1) Exile should be in game if possible, I know many times during my stints in EQ2 (2006-2011) many times I would exile with friends and it revitalized the game for me by being able to change sides/classes & challenge myself again on a new faction.

2) Increase pvp exp. One of the major complaints from people is that DLW & Frostfang Sea are protected zones where people will level to roughly level 20 with zero interaction with the other faction. Two amazing zones, Commonlands & Antonica will go widely unused, being only used for players to reach appropriate level instances like Stormhold, Fallen Gate, Blackburrow, Wailing Caves. I suggest increasing PVP Kill Exp to a static 2.5-3% per kill for levels 10-25. This will encourage players to group up and hunt other players in the early levels. Some of the most fun in PVP I've ever had was hunting and being hunted in CL/ANT, since the zones are so open there are plenty of small hot spots.

3) Remove traces of stuff unavailable to us. It goes without saying it ruins the sense of our server being a progression server seeing stuff that we know ill be in the game eventually..

4) Address PvP proc items, right now players that wanted to get most proc items from t5 raids would be silly since they do not work. These items worked on nagafen up until some late update in Sentinels Fate I believe..there was nothing wrong with them other than the items proc's need to be properly adjusted. No silence/fear/stun should last more than 2-3 seconds from them and they should give 6-8 second immunity afterwards.

5) Charm should not last for 8minutes in pvp ever, regardless of how its curable.. it used to be a like 45second to 2 minute thing max.

6) Open up all class options on each side

7) Bring back pvp gear merchants, whether you create new gear or bring back the old merchants is fine with everyone.

I really hope you listen to some of the suggestions of the last two pages, a lot of commenters have more experience with this game regarding pvp then the dev's working on it. Daybreak has a serious chance to pull in some revenue from old players that are willing & thirsty for something that resembles the old game we used to love, but without a lot of tweaks still this will just be a 1-3 month cash grab for daybreak that won't last.
    Ardur Duradan and Kendayar like this.
  6. G.Black Active Member

Redo the votes.
    Exiles should be is aswell as all the classes both sides.
    Removing the appearance slots is very bad idea. It will be good cash source for you on TLE instead of xp pots ant crap such like that. If you do not want situations when tanks are looking like mages - make the app slots actual to the gear slots - like if you wear plate armor, you can use only plate armor for the app slot. the same with weapons. If you're wielding a sword - you should use another sword in the app slot. I'm not sure but back in the days that was something like that. Or not but there is a solution.

And btw - tanks like mages and so on is just sounds funny for the PVP server. Noone here can be fooled with appearnce slots :)

"City PVP rules in Darklight Woods - Evils cannot get to Frostfang Sea at all, unless something else is broken. We're amendable to another solution, but we aren't going to simply open the floodgates to one side being farmed."

Yet another thing for the removal of FFS and DLW if it is not equal. You are ruining the fun low lvl pvp. Without FFS and DLW everyone will start F/Q so Antonica and Common Lands will be fully equal and functional pvp warzones as it should be.

AND PLEASE! MAKE A STICKY WITH ALL THE CHANGES YOU DO.Sometimes it's kinda hard to search for your posts here.
    Blitzed and Kendayar like this.
  7. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Yeah...having exiles is essential to this game's pvp. There's quite a few people who just want to go full balls deep on anyone they see and not be locked to factions. The people voting for no exile are either people who are never going to play pvp or people who want a 50% chance of being on the "side" of the notable pvpers. (which will, in the end, create an 80/20 faction split as everyone rotates to the side that's killing everyone most efficiently)
    Fetish, Slant, Aeyana and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tynsil New Member

Bug Report - Zone: Antonica - Server: Beta PVP
    Character: Name: Tynsil Class: Templar Level: 19
    Time: 12:16 AM - 07/11/2015
    Location - -1,630.95, -6.05, -851.71
    Ring Event - "a focus of decay"
    Produced the Next Wave of Encounter's Before - Stage 1 was Completed
    Remaining Encounters - "Mob Count - #2" "a restless Caltorsite" - Remaining of "Mob Count - #4" < Far Left & Far Right > of Wave 1 - UnFinished When - Wave 2 Began: "Mob Count - #5" "a plaguebringer acolyte" Spawned

Thank you
  9. Slant Well-Known Member

All i have to say is I as amazed. I wish you would share poll results.

Please please consider having another poll specific to the PVP beta server. I have a strong feeling people that have no intent to ever play on the pvp server skewed this poll dramatically.

Also, the way the polls were worded It sounded (to me) that we were only voting on appearance gear being sold on the marketplace.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Slant Well-Known Member

Another bug. The .bug is in but im gonna post it anyway.

The PQs in CL and Ant give xp even when quest xp is disabled.
  11. Xephane Active Member

I'd like to throw in my two cents without "crying" about anything. Just some things to note; mostly bugs.
    BE AWARE: I know some of these things have been changed, some of them I'm assuming aren't however, a couple of my points on here are just comments on changes you have made or may change in the future.
    1. Guards and merchants in Freeport treat Qeynosian players like they are Freeps and help the players instead of attacking or acting rude.
    2. Rare food/drink is astoundingly overpowered and can give you up to a 200-300 hp boost at lower levels as well as higher damage etc.
    3. Fame system needs to be change as it is very easy to title grind even if you are killed. I got Overlord in two days after the release of this server and I only lose approximately 8 fame when i die, which is less than an Untitled player.
    4. Banyan roots?? I'm not sure how but I got one pretty early around during crafting. This is a level 90 rare root so it has no use being in the game right now.
    5. Double rares are constantly found off nodes, I don't mind it as it makes things a little faster but it shouldn't work this way.
    6. Experience gain is currently great. I like it this way, good job!
    7. Carnage flag in DLW but not in actual City zones. Kind of weird, think it should be changed.
    8. Focus effects/Abilities/Racial traits that do absolutely nothing but are just there. They show up as blank and some of the abilities cost concentration but give no benefit.
    9. Boat or bell in Antonica that allows Freep players to access Frostfang Sea so you can bring back DLW pvp.
    10. Boat in Commonlands that used to take people to KP I've noticed is still there, well it was recently. May have been changed, but worth noting.
    11. NPCs in Freeport and Qeynos - Ages End NPCs that talk about Kerafyrm's disappearance and what not should be removed.
    12. Shadow Mobs in some zones that attack when approached, not sure what they do, but I know they are recent mobs and shouldn't be such a nuisance currently on the server :)
    13. Lower CC durations for Necromancers and Coercers. Necromancers have the ability to stifle you for about 9 seconds, and with an overpowering pet with monstrous damage on top of their own damage it's a little too much. Coercers can charm you for ten minutes and this shouldn't be the case.
    14. Fast Travel is pretty good right now, I'd like it to be kept this way.
    15. New Halas Mount ... I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet, but I've heard of some cases of people doing the entire line and not been able to receive the mount because you have to have an item in your APPEARANCE which is not available right now.
    16. Tradeskill questlines should be considered for deletion, or at least some changing... The experience gain on these are extraordinarily high and not only that but you can get all rare books for any class just by doing them. This makes book farming way too easy.
    17. Wraithguards and the Qeynosian version of them are not necessary right now as there are already enough guards who can one shot people or at least give them a good fight.
    18. Epic and heroic encounters are great! I did a fight with my guild the other day against Ladon without any mentors and our average level being about 18 or 19 and it was very fun! I suggest they be unchanged.

Anyways, I just want to say I really love this server so far; it is very nostalgic even though a lot of stuff needs fixing/changes. I have VERY high hopes for when this goes live and wish everybody the best of luck :) May the odds be ever in your favor.
    G.Black likes this.
  12. Ecno Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I thought too... but we all want appearance gear still so we can look how we want to look. I am perfectly fine with it being restricted to items that the actual class would wear though for easy identification. Some of the gear looks horrible all thrown together randomly and alot of players with the same class are going to end up looking the same because we all will be using alot of the same gear.

Please make it so appearance gear works again... and I am fine with it being sold in the store so DBG can make cash off of it as well. Consider restricting it to class specific/applicable appearance gear... or dont, I dont care about that either way because people should know the class they are fighting by looking at buffs.
    Blitzed, Mowse and G.Black like this.
  13. G.Black Active Member

Yep. No aggro guards in cities is ridiculous. They're suppose to guard ppl. Just came from Freeport where I was able to kill ppl right infront of the broker.
  14. Pikaboo Member

I know you guys are still messing around, with the exp rate.

But at the moment it is still making it nearly impossible to quest, even if leaving Darklight woods at lvl 8, (Because all the quests are lvl 11 or higher at the time making them orange.) Going zones like sunken city, sprawl, ruins, etc completing all the quests still barely get you past lvl 10.

The exp values when we originally launched were great they allowed people to quest in the camps when most quest remained white, or yellow allowing solo players the ability to kill mobs and complete the quests.The largest problem with this I know was people want the old way when EQ2 launched, but back then we had the Isle of Refuge and even on the isle of Refuge it wasn't this hard to go from camp to camp, quests were always white and yellow. The point is Darklight and Hallas had that before the exp nerf. I assume you made the change due to people using/abusing exp pots.

Like stated by others have both the exp pots and vitality pot taken out of the market place, or have them disabled for the first month of launch, if you are worried players abusing leveling. But at the moment it makes it nearly impossible for solo players to level because we aren't using pots ( this problem effects most players not using BOTH pots), and we cant even equip gear that we earned from the quests yet. Causing it harder and harder to level, (because we keep only orange quests it becomes a vicious circle at this point) by the time we are able to equip the first full set of gear, we are working on the second set of gear while trying to complete orange quests (you guessed it! not able after wear it after completing those quests)

The only other suggestion would be to allow mob exp to be much higher, allowing players and teams to grind, getting the chance to once again quest efficiently to get the gear, so they can hit higher zones.

You guys are doing great by allowing us to give input, and have listen and change a lot for the better. I would suggest that you guys test this problem for yourselves, and see where the cracks are. The biggest problem is lower lvls don't have the combat arts to kill large amount of orange/yellow mobs without gear....
    Riku likes this.
  15. Estolph New Member

pikaboo u clearly have no clue about the xp nerf , it has nothing to do with xp pots or vit pots , its solely to do with the people in game requested that it be reduced due to the xp been 2 fast,Hence it was changed. like been stated they went slightly 2 far on the quest xp but they are tweaking the xp as mentioned on serveral threads.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Drew575 Active Member

This is stupid...why is there no exile pvp? wtf is that??? come on Daybreak/SOE that is stupid....I just logged on to Nagafen (being subbed for a month) and i see no vote about this....where was the mail??? Even so the vote should be on PVP Beta Servers (where there are a ton of people)....also FIX THE T5 GEAR AND THE GEAR WITH "MUST NOT BE ENGAGED IN PVP COMBAT" PLEASE and the fame system!!!! I;m still getting fame off of champions as a no title...this should not be the case...and make the high titles actually lose fame please this is rediculous how it is in game right now!!
    Thinwizzy and Naroc like this.
  17. G.Black Active Member

Just leveled a grandmaster spell from class training. Grandmaster? I think we should have masters only. Leave this fancy things for appropriate expansions.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Punchie Member

2) PVP XP gain????

** For the 3rd time, A HORRIBLE IDEA...Have people forgotten what happened last time that was done? GU41 or 42 when half the player pop left... I'm sure they're not going to make the same mistake twice! Why force people to play the way YOU want. If someone wants to stay in T2 for the rest of their playing time, LET THEM, it's THEIR sub money, NOT yours, so stop trying to dictate their playing experience. I for one, will have a toon in each tier and go wherever the action is, simply resolution on my own. But many people don't have the time, or don't want to invest the time into leveling into a higher tier. When you force people to level to the next tier, you now force them to gear that tier level, which takes time in many ways.

And I have not seen many people sticking around in FF to level till they're 20. Also, while we can go into DLW, we can't attack anyone, so how is anyone "Farming the opposite side"?

** EXILE ** Not that I'm against having it, but maybe leave it out for a couple of months. In the very beginning I think we need to show a strong population and having the exiles takes a bit away from that. (IMO)

** TL-PVP server voting would be nice....and I haven't seen anything to vote on except server names.
    Geeta likes this.
  19. G.Black Active Member

That is their solution - instead of making Freeps able to go FFS and kill Qs, they're just restricting Qs to kill Freeps in DLW. Stupid.

Yep, pvp xp should be on/off on purpose.
  20. Firefox New Member

Noticed the ambassador for the Qeynos-based side of things (I realise this could be deliberate given we're locked to start in Halas/Neriak-DLW) is simply not there, so cannot gain faction even independent of Betrayal lines.

Vitality and pots really need removing.

It took about four quests to level, reptitively, the XP is just too much gained. This really makes enjoying a particular rank bracket for PvP near impossible. You're out of it before you're geared up or even done some of the questline - and - PVP experience? Nuuuu xD

I miss Commonlands and Antonica quests! Halas and DLW mean you don't ever need to revisit them unless you pause your questing and continue them in the teens over there; this also makes them pretty dead for PvP and they were such nice open zones for it. I saw a few level 30's on the first night Beta opened o_O

On the pro side, because everyone seems to forget that:

It's really lovely having to run around again. I needed to go via Antonica -> Thundering Stepps -> bird it to the docks etc to get to Freeport from Halas, which felt wonderfully nostalgic. Really loving that and would appreciate more of it. Some manual travel would mean we run across more open world pvp, which we saw just by taking that hike. We spent much of the first night as Halas-based (non)citizens (due to lack of faction?) running around Freeport killing people. Was fun. Though it was only so easy given the guards weren't hostile to us. That is likely due to the no-faction to anything blip.

I'd really love questing and experience gain in all things (tradeskill especially) to be considerally lower, much lower than the current live servers as this is meant to be a slower-pace see-the-glory-days of EQ2 again through the eyes of the old zones and PvP therein. I miss that.

Beyond that, thank you for putting 'em up. Realise this is a Beta phase for a reason. I believe my biggest gripe is the experience gain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.