PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G.Black Active Member

FFS and DLW with it's current city pvp rules and it's own existense also killing entire 10-19 pvp tier. Ant and CL were great and hot warzones. Since those new starters taking over it's lvl content and have city pvp rules - all tier is wasted.
    Firefox likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Me too. Okay, thanks for confirming. Apparently Daybreak is passive-aggressively removing appearance slots because some fools must have voted against appearance items in the shop?

Well, thank you, Daybreak: You have just nullified all the costume-item quest rewards including capes and outfits from every holiday and event the year through, plus devalued crafting some, too, because crafted costumes will no longer be wearable either.

You do realize you're getting $15 a month already, right? It seems you're intent on punishing us more than live, which is F2P. First no Exiles, now this.

Is this your secret plan to repopulate Nagafen without having to change anything over there or something? :p
    G.Black likes this.
  3. Pawder Active Member

If you go back to when exiles were first brought into the game, there were plenty of flames about not wanting them. The rants were long and and a lot actually proved to be true. I am for exiles. It should be allowed at some point but not a game changer for me. Remember we are talking about Nagafen that was totally dead, to this beta that is actually trying to bring pvp back. So you can't wear pretty clothes, big deal. You can pvp. Isn't that the whole idea of the server? I didn't know Nagafen would have died if they took away appearance slots. I thought it was ruined by bad mechanics and BG's. Exiles will be back if they do a poll within the beta server. That is a given. They need to bring the pvp back to how it used to be zone wise in all the starter zones. It started out at a 8 lvl range then they changed it to 4 which seemed more fitting at lower tiers. I'm just happy to see them actually trying to make pvp happen again. I'm not too happy with the whining about what you can't wear. Go kill people, that's pvp. Go play dress up if you are into fashion. Thanks DB
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

I agree with you on some points, but there's no reason you can't kill stuff and look good too. Open PvP doesn't make this a "you can only have one or the other of these" situation. :p

The only reason Daybreak took appearance slots out already was because a certain majority of people apparently voted against appearance items in the shop and they're ticked off. No one requested that appearance slots be removed whatsoever; Daybreak merely took it upon themselves to do it out of nowhere.

Okay, so you don't care about appearance slots: But when Daybreak takes it upon themselves to remove something you do care about, should we tell you to be quiet too?

It isn't cool for them to randomly start yanking anything out that hasn't been discussed, unless it's an obvious hack or bug.
    Firefox likes this.
  5. Exur Well-Known Member

No... I initially thought, "OK, just add them later." But do you really want to be in this mess when we vote to unlock an expansion with levels and everyone has stock piled up on these pots prior to unlock (where maybe you'd remove them again). Just find another way to make money... On Beta PvP, never allow them and all is well. Adding them a few weeks after launch and they are stuck with us forever. When level caps are raised, these pots should not exist. I can't imagine you taking them away from people if they previously purchased them.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

And by the way (not that I was one of those complaining about the way it is on live because I wasn't),combat and crafting XP need to be reverted to what they are on live.

There aren't the quests to support combat leveling otherwise, and then XP pots won't be needed in the store. (We don't need to be forced into the cash shop just to get the game's longstanding normal XP rate, thanks.) Mobs have already been made harder, which is fine.

If you slow down crafting too much, it takes too long and people can't gear up as they level (which is the whole point of crafting); it also costs a lot more money in fuel and mats, and keeps people holed up in crafting areas instead of across the landscapes PvPing.

And combat-XP-wise, people who think they're leveling too fast still have the choice to lock their level like they've been doing for years. With locking having always been available, there was really no reason to complain about the XP rate or adjust it in the first place.
  7. Tehrror123 Member

Things that NEED changed.
    1. PUT EXILE BACK IN GAME, give all factions access to all classes.
    2. PUT appearance slots back in game.
    3. Change Charm to a 30sec duration with a 2min Immunity, fix so charmed players cant be set to attack Mobs, change so Charmed players cant be set to STAY so charmer can run away to avoid dying in pvp. Also fix Mezz same way for STAY. Easy fix, make them auto follow controller. DO NOT BE LAZY and just remove the ability.
    4. FIX XP, doing quest lines and being lvl 2 doing lvl 8/9 quests is stupid.
    5. Change Rez sickness to match new Immunity timer.
    6. Put Auto engage when attacked, BACK in pvp. You should not be able to just run away and Zone.
    7. Remove the city rules from DLWs and FFS. If worried about people griefing new players then change pvp lvl start to like 15.
    8. Leave ability to take Fame off anyone except NON titles. Sorry, if you are a Champ and you die to a Hunter you should lose fame. Now if you want to make it REALLY interesting, you can only get fame from those of the SAME title or higher. But you should lose fame to anyone if you die.
    But might want to change it so NON titles cant get fame off NON titles, to help prevent title farming to some
    degree. Non titles should only gain fame from killing Titled people..
    9. PUT BEASTLORD BACK IN GAME. The lack of AAs will put it on same lvl as any other pet class.

Changes that NEED to stay in so far..
    1. LEAVE Griffs and Horses gone from lands.
    2. LEAVE new Immunity timer.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Tehrror123,

On your quote of "7. Remove the city rules from DLWs and FFS. If worried about people griefing new players then change pvp lvl start to like 15."

It may be easier code-wise for the devs to adjust the level range to 4 for all t2 areas than to change the open PvP character starting level. And it's always been that you can PvP once you ding level 10.

It isn't really the "level 10 character PvPing" that's the problem, it's that DLW and FFS are "no PvP" and CL/Ant have the same allowable 8 level range as the rest of the game, so 18s can one-shot them. That's a bit much.

If Antonica, CL, the sewers, graveyard, caves, peat bog, DLW and FFS all went to 4 level range (level 14s and down can kill level 10s) starting once you ding level 10, that would be fine. A 4-level range starting at level 10 has been done for tier 2 in the past fine.

In fact, Frostfell Village still has a 4 level range; it did on Nagafen even this past Christmastime.

However, Caith said something about Freeps physically not being able to even get to FFS. Do they have to use the bell for Freeps to get to FFS on live, is that the only way? Probably.
  9. Nightmre New Member

That is how it was when the PvP servers first came out. It should stay like that.

They will change it. Have you not read any posts? Freeport can't get to FFS. Once they fix this it will be changed. And why change to to 15? 15 was never the starting lvl for pvp.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

I just hunted down one of my toons who hadn't yet deleted the server polls, and copied out all the questions for the PvP server. For those who have not seen the questions that were asked, here it is, hopefully without too many typos:

Code:
    Time Locked Server [PvP] Poll

1)  Are you interested in playing on a new [PvP] Time-Locked Expansion server?

Nope, I'm happy in my home

Yes, I'm in!

2)  For both servers, we'd like to unlock expansions based on player feedback.  While we plan to continually get feedback from the community, please choose an option you think is best for the [PvP] server, we should unlock expansions:

Every 30 days automatically

Every 60 days automatically

By player vote every 30 days (must be within 20 levels of current content cap).  If vote is yes, expansion unlocked within two weeks of vote.  If vote is no, re-vote in 30 days.  Rinse/repeat.

By player vote every 60 days (must be within 20 levels of current content cap).  If vote is yes, expansion unlocked within two weeks of vote.  If vote is no, re-vote in 30 days.  Rinse/repeat.

By player vote every 30 days (same mechanics as above) EXCEPT after THREE consecutive "No" votes, current content is locked for 6 months at which point 30-day voting resumes.  Rinse/repeat.

3)  [PvP] We plan to limit the marketplace on these servers.  Initially most DB Cash in-game conveniences would be disabled (like travel, research, resurrect, repair).  Please give us your thoughts on these few items that follow.  First, do you support adventure and tradeskill Experience potions limited to 50% bonus at most?

Yes

No

4)  [PvP] Do you support Vitality potion that refills your vitality (Exp bonus)?

Yes

No

5)  [PvP] How about XP Debt removal potions?

Yes

No

6)  [PvP] Summoning charm to summon friends to you out of combat?

Yes

No

7)  [PvP] Guild & character rename potions?

Yes

No

8)  [PvP] Gender potions?

Yes

No

9)  [PvP] Race potions?

Yes

No

10)  [PvP] Character appearance items (clothing, armor, weapons, combat pet illusions)?

Yes

No

11)  [PvP] Cosmetic pets (non-combat)?

Yes

No

12)  [PvP] Should we include Exile faction?

Yes

No, remove Betrayal for PvP

13)  [PvP] We wanted to offer bags in the marketplace.  Tell us your thoughts:

I don't care

Small bags only (10 slot)

Small and medium bags (up to 16 slot)

Small, medium and Large bags (up to 24 slots)
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

The only thing that would do is allow Q's to grief Freeps, since Freeps CANNOT GET TO FFS....or they won't be able to after Raffik's island is disabled. According to Caith, evil cannot get to FFS "unless something else is broken", which leads me to believe that the island will be disabled before the server goes live. Currently the only way for a Freep to get to FFS is by using Globe of Homecoming, the recipe Raffik teaches you the 2nd time you visit him.

Also, if Freeps cannot get to New Halas, that means the New Halas crafting quests must be disabled.
    G.Black likes this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Is New Halas the *only* place that you can do the crafting quests from? Is there nowhere on the freep side to get those quests from, and nowhere else on the Q side to get them from? I never noticed on live, my characters are mostly all 95+ sorry.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

The New Halas quest line unlocks the vendor who sells the Advanced books. Gives a hugely unfair advantage to Q's if they can just do a quest line and get the books while Freeps have to squabble over dropped ones.

Edit: The T2 books. Once you ding 10 in crafting you're directed to go to New Halas to do that quest line. Different quests for Q's and Freeps, but both are ONLY in New Halas.
    Aquaskaientos likes this.
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

How exactly would that work when everyone starts off without a title. That would be an infinite loop of never gaining fame...

Also, BL and Channeler classes should have to wait until the expansion (or expansion timeframe) they were launched with. Cannot be easy-mode instantly.
    ---------------
    Definitely want appearance gear back. Restrict it to appropriate class only if they really want to. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to remove it. If you cannot tell what class someone is by looking at buffs or CA/Spell visuals or even names of CAs/Spells used than perhaps it just means players need to research.
  15. Tehrror123 Member

Yes we all know Auto engage for pvp wasn't in game at first.. but this is about helping the pvp stay active, everyone hated the ability to RUN from pvp fights back then, that's why it got changed on Naggy. And its needs changed now. It allows a HUGE advantage to the person being hit first, by letting them either get away completely or run what little temps people have off..

Sorry thought you would have common sense with me saying Remove the city rules meant give FP the ability to get to FFS..
    As far as the lvl comment, I have NO issues with pvp staying at lvl 10+, that was just a comment for DB if they were trying to avoid people griefing NEW players.
  16. Tehrror123 Member

Good point Xeos, so lets make it so ONCE you are titled you cant get fame from a NON titled person...
    Siren likes this.
  17. Xeos Well-Known Member

That makes sense completely That would limit title farming.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Thinwizzy Active Member

Would like to see remote broker and mail access removed. We don't really have many reasons to make the long trip back to the cities with remote broker access. It also drastically lowers the risk of running around with any gold you may get.

Where are all these people that voted no to exile? The support for exile seems pretty overwhelming these last few pages.
    Kendayar, G.Black and Siren like this.
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh! Nice catch then! Clearly that New halas NPC will just have to be removed from the TL-PvP then.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

Good question. I've been playing on Nagafen off & on for around a year, so really have no experience with PvP as it was. I voted for exile...also voted for name change potions without realizing how they could be abused on a PvP server. As I said, I'm a PvP noob.

My votes were:

Nope
    Option 4
    No
    No
    No
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Option 1

Edit: Before someone jumps in about my Nope vote, I'm not hardcore PvP and the TLE server will be. So of course I'm not going to be rolling there. Not even beta testing it. Beta testing the PvE ... which I don't plan on rolling on either. I have 0 nostalgia since I started playing during DoV. Testing more to try to figure out what the fuss is all about :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.