Profit, Fetish. or Default UI?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Astomer, Jan 15, 2017.

1. NyteRose Member

I had to go back to using the default UI- DarqUnified some seriously borked my game installation, replicating the installation three times and I had to do a PC reset + Windows and game reinstall, hopefully this fixes the issue I've been having.
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

hmm wonder if I can get the drums stat bar to work with darqui I love seeing all my stats at a glance.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. mh272 New Member

4. harvash Active Member

Darqui has a stat bar. It even switches automatically based on what you are doing....ts stats, harvest stats, AA, regular. All very customizable so you can see what you want. My bar is set up different for my zerk and healer (show WIS for healer, STR for zerk, for example).

Perhaps I misunderstood your need?
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

it took a look at the stat bar shown on eq2 interface if i'm looking at it correctly you are limited as to how many stats you can show at a glance 4 only would not be of much use as I'll definetly need resovle in ther as wel as potency that leaves only 2 more slots and when I'm reforging it is helpful to have it all there so I can see how my stats are effected during the reforging.
  6. harvash Active Member

Not in front of my UI right this second, but iirc there are 6 slots with choosable stat on each side of the XP Tracker bar - total 12 stats. Also very easy to page them - I think there are 17 pages to setup.

Stats also auto-show based on what you're doing - tradeskill show ts stats, harvest show harvest stats, gain AA shows that, etc...
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

I tried Darkunituntied, nice instaler but it is way too high end for me.

First i got 3 useless windows that i had to remove, one too monitor stats i tried to enter health below (LT) 50 % and it kept dinging as soon as i lost a HP, there is one big bar full of buttons which is useless since i have hotbars,

Then the time window has a countdown unit which i was unable to hide -> more space lost.

The target windows has an enormous casting bar that took half of my screen ( apparently it cannot be adjusted.--> terrible.

Group and raid player bars do have some quick cast buttons (which is nice) but it pops up and hide your target health and the bar becomes enormous due the addition of quick cure anc quick cast.

The Xp bar was not showing vitality but instead high end stuff that i never used.

The Tradeskill interface is nice.

So i m back to profitUI which is far simpler, may be daruiunited is fine for hardcore high end raids, and well i m not even sure.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn't like DarqUI - good thing there's more than one option! I love Darq, and I am not a raider, at all.

If you click on the color ball on the XP bar, it rotates through adventure - tradeskill - guild - ascension and so on. You can customize which icons you see on each bar.

I don't use the time window.

I don't use the target/implied target window; as you said, it is too big. You can choose an option not to see it.

I use that stats window just to keep an eye on things - I, too, found it annoying that it dings every time. It would work better for me if it only dinged when it exceeded or fell below a threshhold.
    Kalika likes this.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m giving darqueUI a try out but so far not impressed for some reason I need to start out with fresh uisettings to see the stats on the xp bar which means each of my 30+ character's hotbar and ui look will have ot e reset the first time I play them. this had better be worth it.
  10. Lil Mantis Member

I guess I never noticed the windows taking too much space initially. I play 3440x1440 so having an Ultrawide is nice in that regard. I do have to move things around when I go mobile, as you mentioned it does tend to eat up a lot of room. I really wish someone would come up with a way to make the quest text in the chat bubbles bigger. Everything else I can make larger.
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is clearly a rather advanced UI but for lowie for me profitui is better.

I like the monitor idea but you get a warning saying it is not working well for people will less than sevral million of HP, i would love it to ding if I my life would below a threshold.

So quick button idea is very cool, but i would prefer to have them satic and some way should be found to have both quick cure and quick buttons. The ui detect your class, so magician got mana sweet, fire shield and may be stone skin while warden got heal and rez, it is auto detected and apparently you can customize those quick spells

There is something stupid in those UI since all have 4 cure button while cures got unified (except for curse) years ago.
    So you could really save the cure button line and just add an extra quick button that would be the cure.

Anyway grats to all that contributed to those interfaces.