Profit, Fetish. or Default UI?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Astomer, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

darkUI here too

and yeah for healers it's just great
    Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  2. Rammz New Member

Several of you have commented about DarqUI being great for healers. Would you mind elaborating? What tools do you find the most helpful in your gameplay specific to the healer role?
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

Svenone likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can set it up so you can cast any of your cross group heals on anybody in the raid w/o making a special macro or retargetting to them. You can actually do this with any ability that will work cross group, including rezzes. You don't have to memorize positions either, it uses the same icon as the ability on your hotbar
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

I'm gonna be the odd man out and put my love in for Fetish. I love purple, love the stats bar, my only tweak is I sub in the Drums crafting window.

Ps...been using it happily for years and not even curious about other ui's. But to each their own, it's not bad being unique ;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I use DarqUI with Drums bags, bank and hotbars, Leo. :cool:
    Leonitas likes this.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

I'm still a big fan of the DrumsUI maintained spell monitor myself.
  8. Kashue Member

I'm using DarqUI lately (especially now that they came out with the new 24 slot Icon hotbar that you can put ascension spells on), however I do miss the old DrumsUI for the Spell Monitor.
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Darqui
    1. Simple to load, simple to tweak from their own execute window.
    2. Maintained spells window with names, great for healers, great for any class really
    3. Timers on the windows show each of my classes best spells I track, sort of mentioned above.
    4. color scheme is cool, options.
    5. Full support on expansion releases
    6. Fetish was slow to upgrade, great purple color though!
    7. Drums I think has an edge for raiders for sure, using spell windows that are different and more easy to follow.

That's my 2cp. but I am also old school, so some of these may be outdated points, but nobody else answered your specific question yet.
    Mermut likes this.
  10. Lil Mantis Member

Someone mentioned that Darqui had some sort of assist for harvesting? I use Darqui but haven't seen that option.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The icon is at the end of the tradeskill bar, if you are using the default experience bars, and also on the right side of the EQ2 menu - a small icon clear at the bottom.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

DarqUI +1 for me.

It has a spell monitor that will even give a second counter for DOT's so you know when to recast if the last tick gives more damage to ensure you get the full impact of the spell. You just have to turn it on. ;)

However, I didn't know about the harvesting thingy, so I will be looking into that today. Thanks for the tip! :D
  13. NyteRose Member

DarqUI for me.
    Easy for a custom UI newbie like me to set up and use, it has a harvesting thingy and I like the blue color :)
    Jrox and Prissetta like this.
  14. Lonsen Member

Used Profit for years and made the jump to Profit CE and couldn't be happier.
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

DarqUI now has a 24 slot tool bar, that alone is worth downloading it if you want to get all four ascension classes.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Lyyle Member

DarkUI for me too.

Many years ago I inquired about the font size on a few windows that don't have a size bar in the settings (I play on a 60" plasma monitor) and was told there is no easy way to enlarge them. It's mostly the Journal that is a problem and I have been squinting at it for 12 years... I assume it has to do with formatting, so I figure digging up a kludge would probably be worse than leaving it be.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I recently edited the eq2ui_textstyles.xml file and increased all PointSizes because I was so tired of straining to read the screen. (I created a zipped copy first, just in case I messed it up and had to revert.) The larger sizes don't always fit neatly in windows or on buttons, but my eyes are happier.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

I like in darqui in how you can set prices easy , with many things new selling over a million the preset thing is nice , just 1 click to put it at a million and you can click that over and over
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

I have prodit now but i don t see my target target except on the profit UI target, is it possible to activate it on the tandard target, it is usually the one i watch.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

I would suggest you ask the question at eq2interface. I'm a ProfitUI user not designer and am not sure what the answer would be. http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41
    Prissetta likes this.