Profit, Fetish. or Default UI?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Astomer, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Astomer Member

I mentioned to a guild member that I was using the native EQ2 UI with EQ2 MAP. I felt that I was about to get some ridicule, but begged off.

I am running EQ2 on 3440 X 1440 display in very high or extremely high quality, which the standard UI handles OK full screen or windowed. Biggest issue is lack of ability to change font size in some of the windows, which make the text difficult to read.

That said, anyone running a similar setup that can comment on the suitability of Profit and Fetish as alternatives.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

I've been using ProfitUI for years. It's still being updated so its viable. I prefer it to the default game UI.

I'd recommend you look at the screenshots at EQ2Interface and pick out what appeals to you.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Like Katz said, I recommend going to Eq2Interface and picking something you like.

I don't even use a complete UI replacement. I just use bits and pieces that I like better than the default.
    Spindle and Prissetta like this.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

moving away from the default UI will revolutionize your eq2 gaming experience - especially as a healer. Definitely check eq2interface and choose one that you like. I use DarqUI Unified and enjoy it. I can't comment on the font sizes in some windows - that may / may not be included in the feature set of a custom UI (i.e. might be hard coded in the game?). Good luck, and post back what you chose / which one worked best for your resolution.
    Jrox, Moonfyre, Earar and 2 others like this.
  5. wiouxev2 Active Member

DarqUI is great.

Download them all, and try each out.
    Jrox, harvash, Zeee and 2 others like this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

One reason I hate using an added on UI was that I used one in WoW and every time WoW was patched (early on in its history) the addon UI was broken, either partially or totally until it was updated in a few days. Made the game much harder to play or to even to get a workaround until the UI was updated. So I ended up just using the default UI and only added on the combat programs (was on a pvp server).

Just got out of the habit of addon UI if default was working for me. However, many others swear by the addon UIs, so try some of them out and YOU decide. Take a day out of killing mobs and try them out. May make the game much easier and more fun for you.

I hope it does!
    Saints and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

I like DarqUI for how easy it is to customize. I used to run Drums for a long time but I started having issues where my configurations weren't sticking if i crashed or had to camp to a different toon (my stat choices for the stat bar would revert to default, spell timer window would disappear, cure tickboxes in the group window settings would uncheck, etc).
  8. harvash Active Member

+1 fro DarqUI

Very easy to customize, no coding necessary. The built-in customization tools are fairly intuitive and offer a lot of options, some I hadn't even thought of before and now can't live without!
    Whiomaju, Prissetta and Malleria like this.
  9. Moorefallen Active Member

+1 For DarkUI as well for reasons all ready stated.;)
    Whiomaju and Prissetta like this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I also run DarqUI with Drums hotbars, bags and bank. Highly recommend!
  11. Caela Well-Known Member

Another DarqUI fan!

It doesn't get the love it deserves. Except maybe in this thread :)
  12. Eliohia2 Active Member

I just started running Darqui (like 2 days ago) because everyone I talked to loved it. I have played this game from day one of EQ1 and never used another ui other than the default one. I still have a ways to go and a lot to figure out but I already like some of the features.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Idk guys, profit ui is incredibly sexy and a one button install.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I use darqui. Easy install, easy update, easily customiable. No need to mess with files and directories if you don't want to.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

+1 for DarqUI. It is easy to navigate and customize on th fly. Developer is always open to ideas and suggestions. In the past have used Drums, Profit and a meriad of others, this by far is my favorite. Look on the eq2interface site for ideas, or send me a pm and I can send you screen shots.
    Whiomaju, Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Profit CE is one of the best imo.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I recently switched to DarqUI and found it extremely useful. While you consider what UI you might want to use, keep in mind that choosing one that actually gets updated these days might prove more useful than other ones that could be hit or miss.
    harvash and Prissetta like this.
  18. Valens Member

I use DarqUI Unified and love it. I've used Profit and Drums but support has been waning, though both still work as intended. DarqUI is a one click install. You can make modifications in or out of game. Darqwood updates the UI as needed or as they become available. He is also extremely responsive to suggestions and tries very hard to implement them if they are truly useful. Got questions, post it in EQ2Interface and voila'... you have an answer.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Csipi Active Member

Just picked up DarqUI and omg, the harvest helper is absolute genius!

No more clicking like crazy, my fingers are eternally grateful for this!
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Conifur Well-Known Member

DarqUI for the win, and he keeps it updated - usually before the changes hit the game.
    Mermut and Prissetta like this.