Producer Letter: What's to come Sept to Nov!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

That isn't how I understood it. Holly did say 10th year in the keynote, but she had also just been talking about EQ2's 10th year anniversary. Everywhere else I've seen it listed as the 11th yr veteran reward. I won't cry if it is a bonus 10th year reward, but it'd be really weird for them to add in a second 10th year reward at this point. We already got one.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

/cl_ignore_merc_chatter {true/false} is supposed to do it... from http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Slash_Commands
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

XD I didn't say it made sense. =P I'm just thrilled we get our nostalgia wish granted, however they do it! ^_^ Well,.. unless they troll us and it looks totally different... or it has Darathar and all the dead NPCs... that would just be depressing. 0.0
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If that doesn't work, open the Options Window, click on Sound, then on the Advanced button in the upper right corner. Open up the Volume menu item and scroll down to the check boxes. Check "Mute PC Voice Over Callouts" and "Mute NPC Ecology Voice Overs." With thanks to Rosy's Guildmate, Smooche. He says, "Don't forget to click on Accept!"
  5. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I would kind of like it if it were populated, and it was effectively a house/DM hybrid where you could actually low level exp, and add things to it like a dungeon, and then publish it. That would be a neat change for them to do.
    Really, though, I'd much rather have it back as the newbie zone and reitemize it. :D
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

EverQuest II came out November 2004. This year is the 10th anniversary. If you have been with EQ2 since day one and bought the first four expansions, then you got 90 days of loyalty time for each one, yielding a grand total of 11 years. I know math is hard, but if you have an account age of 12 years, that's a bug.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

I know reading is hard, but that part of discussion was specifically in reference to next year.

But, snide comments aside, since your math is good, you tell me what NEXT year's (2015) vet reward should be called...

As reminder:
    2011: 8-year Veteran Reward
    2012: 9-year Veteran Reward
    2013: 10-year Veteran Reward
    2014: 10-year Anniversary Veteran Reward
    2015: ?
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

9. Arieste Well-Known Member

Right. And that link says:

While the OP here (as well as the announcement at SOE Live) say:

So what we have is ONE item - "Isle of Refuge Prestige Home", which is being called BOTH: (1) 11 Year Veteran Reward and (2) 10th Anniversary Veteran Reward.

All i'm saying is, figure this out, call it ONE name. Prefertably one name that fits with the current naming convention (meaning, call it the 11th Vet Reward).
    flameweaver likes this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

It was a promotionall offer SoE decided at the time to do they are not obligated to to the same thing here if they don't want to.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

it was for those who kept their subs going for 3 months not just those with a recurring sub I am one of those who use game cards and had the got the freeblood race with out paying SC
  12. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I think people are getting WAY too wrapped up in the "Veteran" part of this. It's a 10th Anniversary reward. It's being given out in the same manner, and on the same schedule, as the previous time-based rewards. So for anyone having trouble accepting that a 10th Anniversary reward can be given as an 11th Year reward, just drop Veteran from the reward and call it "10th Anniversary Reward, given as a player's 11th Year Veteran's Reward".
    Loredena likes this.
  13. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

o.0 This reminds me of a religious debate. No one will know whether they are right or wrong till the date arrives, but everyone wants to argue and push their opinion on everyone else. XD
    I'm just extraordinarily happy we will get the refugee island as a house! ^_^ Can't we just all be happy and see what happens?
    Loredena likes this.
  14. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

With the week pushback of the level agnostic dungeons and GM spells, is there any indication of change of dates for AoM beta opening or other items on the Oct/Nov list?
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Katz and Arieste like this.
  16. Bashem Well-Known Member

They should have chopped off the bonus time reward for certain expansions when the decided to change then reward starting from the time account was created then problem would be solved.
    If you bought the bonus expansion then you already had an account anyways.
  17. Shiba Active Member

Achirin and Katz like this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

I gotta admit...I'm still iffy. Part of me wants to bail right into the betas. Another part wants to wait until November and savor expansion for as long as I can. Have never cared for ToV, so I've just been mucking about on alts, dabbling in other games and harvesting. So I'm really hoping this one gets me going again.