Producer Letter: What's to come Sept to Nov!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

If the "Tenth Anniversary Veteran Reward" is, in fact, something that becomes available to everybody on Nov 9th (either through /claim or on the Marketplace) then yes, it's celebrating the 10th anniversary of EQ2. However, if it's on the Marketplace there will be a lot of outrage about it being advertised as a reward, and rewards should be given, not bought.

If, on the other hand, the "Tenth Anniversary Veteran Reward" is in the system on Nov 9, but only available when someone's account age hits the appropriate time, it is like all the other Veteran rewards. In which case either it should be called the Eleventh Anniversary Veteran Reward to take into account the 1 year of bonus time for purchasing various xpacs, or the other vet rewards should be renumbered to reflect actual time.
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

So, by your logic, what is the reward going to be called next year, the one that veterans will get on the game's 11th anniversary and the 12th year of their account age?
  3. Awkk Well-Known Member

I read that as saying that the guild level 100 will be a "live feature" which means it will be a separate purchase. Everybody will have to buy it separately from the xpac. It is not free. Am I wrong?
  4. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I believe you're reading that wrong. Guilds are character independent, more or less. What a guild can or cannot do isn't tied to your account, or anyone else's. A guild's maximum level has to be a function of every single member of a guild. So because a guild can have both paying and free members, that both have current expacs and don't have them, it must provide the capabilities to ALL members. Therefore, unless a guild becomes tied to the level of subscription and expac ownership of the guild founder (you can't even say guild leader because you can have more than one of those), its functions and limits have to apply to every single member from the highest point to the lowest point (in sub/expac levels).
    So the level 100 guild level limit will simply be something "that happens". Anything else ties a guild's capabilities to either the founder, or the member with the lowest account capabilities, and both of those are unreasonable.
    Avahlynn, Finora and Loredena like this.
  5. Awkk Well-Known Member

If we buy the Aerkyn race, is it going to run its mouth all the time like Daeryn the merc does?

Here is an idea for Sony to make a bit of extra money. I would gladly pay 5 dollars per account for a charm that would shut Daeryn up permanently. No doubt this would be a very popular item that would sell like hotcakes.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  6. Awkk Well-Known Member

And I want my swash to be able to wield a third sword in his teeth!
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Eh, but then Provisioner would have to become a combat class, lol. Only fair!
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason to think this guild level cap raise will be handled any differently than any of the other guild level cap raises in the past. The guild's level has never needed an expansion or other additional purchase. It's always just happened when the expansion released.
    Blueiris likes this.
  9. Blueiris Member

I see lots of server crashes
    Avahlynn likes this.
  10. arturos Active Member

No pre order? that is short sighted and will cause a huge hit to the purchasing servers or whatever you wanna call them...
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

You are so right. Handstands for all the provies!

And no funny stuff with the swashies, either, nttawwt.
  12. Ratza Well-Known Member

What if the swashy is a provisioner....that ought to count for something extra!....;)
  13. Yozilie Active Member

This all sounds great. Quick question - I pay for membership monthly - will I be able to pre order as well? Why do monthly players not get all access? Seems a bit silly since we pay a bit more - imo
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

As far as I've seen, there isn't going to be a pre-order unless they posted a change elsewhere.

All paid subscriptions are all access. It doesn't matter if you pay monthly or yearly or use Kronos or gamecards.
    Pohondo and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Praetorian Well-Known Member

They don't have an 11th year anniversary party. You celebrate milestones. 5 years. 10 years. 15 years.

Next year is relative. Some people next year will have their 11th year veteran rewards because veteran rewards are based on account age. Some people will have their 5th year veteran rewards. You are missing the point that the game's rewards were never based on the games actual age. This veteran reward is specifically announced to be the "10th anniversary of EQ2" special award for 11th year veterans. If it really is that confusing for you, don't worry about it. Just relax in knowing that 'Windstalker' knows what she is talking about.
    Finora likes this.
  16. Grundge Active Member

It's Y2K all over again... GAH the end of the world is coming! :eek:
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

Uhm.. no, the year is not relative. It's 100% the 11th year that EQ2 will have been out for and it 100% has a maximum account age of 12 years. There is nothing relative about it.

Or are you saying that the 10 year anniversary is also relative? That if someone's only been playing for 2 years, they're going to celebrate the 10 year anniversary in 8 years? Because that's completely idiotic. The game is 10 years old THIS year. Max account ages reach 11 years THIS year. When players hit individual milestones has no relevance whatsoever.

If it's too complicated for you to understand that the number that comes after 10 is 11, maybe it's you that shouldn't worry about it. But I would prefer that SOE does. So far i have 10 annual veteran rewards. Next one I get will make 11. Calling it the 10th is dumb UNLESS it's not the 11th veteran reward, but rather a separate 10th anniversary reward. But it's been stated that it's not.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Seriously?

The game's 10th year anniversary is this year, 2004-2014.
    Due to how some past expansions added 'veteran time' to accounts that bought them (+90 days x 4 expansions) puts some people's accounts technically at the 11th year of veteran rewards. The 11th year vet reward is going to be the Isle of Refuge home + actor pack. It will be put in with the game's 10th anniversary so that people who will have their gameplay anniversary coming up will be able to /claim them.

How is this even slightly difficult to understand? Especially to someone who actually has the 10th year rewards?
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

It's not. I understand it perfectly. Hence why i pointed out that it should be called the "11th year vet reward". Which is exactly what you called it.
  20. Bashem Well-Known Member

Oh good another prestige home I have no use for and not one potion, rez items free merc slot or any other items I could have used. I think it great for those who need their own Island to build which you can make or buy items with your SC but even a 110 xp potion to be included would be nice but I guess have to buy those also on my own dime.