Post Parses, Pretty Please

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-b0nehead, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-b0nehead Guest

[p]So my MT is on at me that I should be hitting 2k +[/p][p]I'm in the MT group, debuffing also, with Guard, Dirge, Temp, Druid, Mystic (not always quite this combo, but never a Zerker, grrr.) Str/Wis - heavy on the Wis, (Str I find better than Agi for solo pvp) Full PvP armour except for Relic legs. [/p][p]I'm putting out between 1 to 1.5k on a good day, but have nothing to compare with.[/p][p]Here's a chance for you to show off your parse prowess and prove either me or my MT wrong :)[/p][p] [/p][p]thanks in advance.[/p][p] [/p][p]Jh.[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-kOOtsa Guest

your guard is right, swashy can do 3k on some single target fights too
  3. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

[p]Aye you should be hitting higher. Last night I was in the MT group w/ a Warden Fury Mystic Zerker and Pally, we had no Templar or Dirge on, which is quite the normal. I was hitting anywhere from 1300-1900 in most fights, and I had a few where I was hitting 2.3-2.8k. I was also using Mental Breaches the whole time since we really didn't have power regen.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-b0nehead Guest

[p]Ok, thanks for the replies.... the question then becomes - w t f?[/p][p]surely not having agility AA specced can't make THAT much difference?[/p][p]and no zerker - again - 1-2k difference, surely not?[/p][p]I'm half mastered, half adept 3 - I time my attacks well and use my CA's in the right order, even losing one CA in five to debuffs, something's obviously not right.[/p][p] [/p][p]Think I'll respec to Sailwind for this Sundays raid and see what happens...[/p][p] [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-SmCaudata Guest

Jharak@Nagafen wrote:
    Is you dirge singing DPS and tomb's calm or defensive songs? Is the mystic putting his proc increaser on you or on someone else in the group? Where are you on the parse? Numbers don't mean anything..you need to compare yourself to the other DPSers on the raid. Is the druid a fury or warden? Wardens do nothing for your DPS. In that group you listed it is possible that you aren't getting much in the way of buffs depending on how defensive the dirge and mystic are being. Also, is the mystic hitting you will alacrity all the time?

That said, I have nearly that group. The templar always gets the proc increaser for stoneskin which means we have crazy amounts of healing. I was able to convince them that the dirge could drop his defensive buffs to increase DPS/hate on the last raid. Anyway, my raid wide was usually around 1.7k.

Could it be higher? Yes. I could drop STR for Agi. I could demand that DPS buffs are up. I could demand the proc increaser for my poisons. I could respec to potency. But in the end, I think the stability that the MT has and the extra utility I get from TS and reach (being able to debuff at range is really nice) more than makes up fro 300 or so DPS...that's just me though.

Like I said though, the number alone means nothing. If you are putting out 1k when the raid DPS is 25k, then yes, you should bump that up. If you put out 1.5k when the raid DPS is 19-20k then you are right where you should be. Swashie DPS seems to depend on raid DPS since so much of ours is auto attack. If AoE damage is low in the raid, ours will suffer. If you only have one briggand, well that sucks too.
  6. ARCHIVED-jam3sD Guest

my swash generally parses 1.5k-2k dps in kos and freethinkers in main tank group set up with wis+agi..im sure it could be higher if i didnt play on a pvp server and had brigand debuff. Usually top of the parse or atleast top 3 with our zerker or conjuror. (raid does about 18k-20k dps in most zones)
  7. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

Kellindril@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    He's on Nagafen where we have no Brigands lol.
  8. ARCHIVED-b0nehead Guest

You and I both know we have quite enough Brigands on Naggy :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

Jharak@Nagafen wrote:
    Bah I meant to raid with, not those idiots that run around spamming their Double Up macros.
  10. ARCHIVED-jam3sD Guest

Jharak@Nagafen wrote:
    It depends what zones your raiding and really what your overall raid DPS is if your raid is doing over 20k ish dps then yeah yo should be over 2k+ I think you'll notice a nice dps increase with agility because pirates stab procs alot in a MT group with blessings,luck of dirge, and the mystic 3% proc increase.
  11. ARCHIVED-RaunII Guest

[p]my little level 38 swashy parses 500DPS in groups...does that count? lol[/p][p]personal best i set tonight in nek castle against a blue heroic group of 1.4k dps...i cant wait till i hit 70...[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Dark_Sun Guest

Actualy it highly depends on zone and mobs. But yeah, your guardian is right. you should always do 1.5-2k dps, with average 1,8 should be ok in most zones. YEah there is some mobs you can even make 3k dps, but its very situational. And that is with STR/WIS line, not AGI. One problem might be your gear? What weapon you use? What poisons? All CA's M1? what is your melee crit chance solo?
  13. ARCHIVED-SadistiKPopsiKle Guest

Jharak@Nagafen wrote:
    k honestly I didn't read the hole post but the way I see it there could be two problems. You either have a really crappy weapon or you suck or both. [p]The long version is this with a dirge and templar Avast Ye will proc like mad so long as they are not noobs and the Dirge has Luck and the Templar has Blessings. What those both do, since I'm assuming you don't know, is give you 25% more proc chance. This proc chance is based off your base proc chance so they stack but they don't boost eachother. [/p] [p]What weapon do you have? What content are you raiding? I'm assuming you can at least get through DT. If so get the Kilij it has an insane proc and with a Dirge/Templar you should have no sweat breaking 2k and many fights especially on groups you will spike to 3K + if you don't suck, but really with this set up all you have to do is spam CA's so I really can't see how you can suck unless you don't pay one bit of attention. Also if you don't have access to Shard, Folded Scale, Clearcutter, or Axe of Natural Order stick with Kilij and don't go Str line. I can not stress enough how important this is with a dirge and templar both buffing your procs. I'm not going to bother going to your players profile but if you want a bit more dps even use Mastercrafted Str and Agility rings (They don't get upgraded until Avatar loot really) Planar Orb of the Wanderer (Proc earring from a collection quest, again Temp/Dirge make this almost unreplaceable) and Clawed Basilisk Boots (Fitz in DT). All those items have nice procs and with Dirge/Temp should add around 6% + to your ZW all together. [/p] [p]Ok backpeddling but don't use debuffing as an excuse for lack of DPS. There are two, count them two, CA's that we have that do not do damage when debuffing. Double-Cross and Constrain. (Side Note: Constrain debuffs Magic and Divine by 2080 at master 1. Kilij's proc is magic, Clawed Basilisk is Divine use it.) But yeah point is you can NOT debuff and not do dps. If you are debuffing you are DPS'ing. So let's not use that as an excuse again shall we?[/p] And going forward again, are all your CA's at the very very least? If not please stop raiding until you have EVERYTHING (Yes even your taunt and mez it doesn't hurt to be thorough) at least adept 3. Swashy masters are really cheap with the exception of a few so it shouldn't be that hard to get them all at master. Lastly, small but important, try to time Inspiration and En Garde with Dispatch. It should be going in 5-10 seconds into the fights so que those up and with Agi line you can spam CA's while inspiration is burning. Also your dirges should be casting CoB with Dispatch as well and that will help your ZW. [p] [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-SadistiKPopsiKle Guest

Just looked at your gear Get Mark Get Planar Orb Get League Earring and Bracelet Get both mastercrafted rings For god's sake get a diety cloak...Im guessing you have no choice about going exile so get Marr's cloak until you get Garanels Mantle from unrest And yeah get Kilij you weapon has a 3/1 ratio while the spread is a bit higher the ratio is still low. Kilij will serve you much better as your current weapon blows.
  15. ARCHIVED-Aan'azyroth Guest

[p]We had a swashy in the guild for a while, who constantly parsed 3-3.5k in the MT group. Outside the MT group he always limitted his dps to 2-2.5k because he was growing tired of pulling aggro all the time.[/p][p]I've seen him parse 4.3k in FTH, and he claimed his "all time high" was 5.8k.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

[p]Swashy masters on Nagafen are pertty much all at least 15+ plus, some into the 30-40 plat range at time. Though yes, Ad3 is necesary at the minimum.[/p][p]And again, on Nagafen we have NO FP classes so we do not get the benefit of Dispatch etc. [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-SadistiKPopsiKle Guest

About masters, sucks for you farm your *** off. Theres a big difference between Adept 3 and Master 1. About classes, go exile. That way you can get War Mantle of Rallos which every Swash should have.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rippitt Guest

The Zek cloak isn't going to give him the dps jump he is looking for, unless he's wearing a crafted one or something.
  19. ARCHIVED-SadistiKPopsiKle Guest

He's wearing a crafted one
  20. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

[p] Masters aren't a problem for me heh. I did my time farming and I think I'm missing 2 or 3 damage CAs and I'm missing Bravado which I really want. I've got an Illy coming up into T7 soon though so yay for more farming :)[/p][p]And also, I would exile for the Cloak if I wouldnt lose about 200p+ in spells.[/p]