please stop sending me flowers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tokamak, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p] [/p][hr][p] [/p][p]They might be afraid that SOE will listen to the people who are complaining about a trival item (to delete or not to delete) and next year we won't get anything special or anything special anymore. ... [/p][p]--- [/p][p]Both parties do have a point, though. [/p][p](1) Rose was special and really cool. - (100) Roses, with the same poem, isn't so special and isn't so cool. [/p][p]---[/p][p]If SOE is listening .. might I suggest that for next year, or any other event that gets a Email Present ( Character B-day Presents from SOE would be cool ), that the Item be sent out just once to everyone on the server and the email system just store it till that character logs in? Even if that character doesn't log in till after the event that way they still get their present and people aren't spammed, repeatively. [/p][p]Or, Alternate the item. I think a lot less people (not all but less) would be complaining about the spam if there had been different items to collect. I would have liked chocolates 1 day .. a pillow the next, a different rose .. etc .. [/p][p]Of course I would have suggested a Rare White Roses to Qeynos and Black Roses to Freeport, myself, as well .. [/p][p]Spam is Spam when it's the same item / phrase over and over again. It's not spam if it's got variety .... :)[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-pandemonium73 Guest

First of all don't call anyone a hypocrite for giving their opinion to counter someone else's opinion in a post. These boards are here for anyone to give their view on a topic and if dissent bothers you, WTH are you doing here? People disagree all the time on these boards. Folks have every right to respond to any post that [I cannot control my vocabulary] well pleases them, tyvm. Secondly, most didn't respond in a mean way, many were just smart #$%. If you want to counter any of the points made with reasons why we are wrong, fine, that's what these boards are for and you did a good job of it in your other, much more reasonable, post. If you want to tell specific people that they were out of line by being too mean, that is also your right, quote them and tell them where they are out of line. If you want to wage a campaign of disagreement against their ideas by PMing everyone you know and telling them to go back you up in the thread so your side WINS, have at it. But it is soo not your place to pass out blanket accusations telling everyone who disagrees with someone's position and explains why, that they are hypocrites.
  3. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

I appreciate the thought behind the roses and the messages although agree that a variety of items would have been better. We don't complain about unwanted gifts in RL - do we? Don't we just accept it pleasantly even if we hate it realizing that the thought behind it is what counts? No? Oh well, just a thought!
  4. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

[p] Learn how to decorate a house?[/p][p] [IMG][/p][p]I have to say Im not sure how I would go about encorporating some roses into my necros house. Maybe in a vase next to the vivisection table?[/p][p]I had thought that this would just be a fun little thread for poeple to compare soe to the plat spammers for a few days, but it seems that people like yourself always feel the need to come and pontificate. If you want to see me learning to decorate feel free to stop by at guk.sfp. Or maybe you could follow your own advice and work out your excess temper having some 'fun' in game instead of on the forums?[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

[p] Lols - that would deffo bring toka out in a rash, now a bed of fae corpses... that would be hawt.[/p][p]edit: yeah yeah, I only just found the pesky edit button: apologies for the double post[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-erin Guest

Agreed. 1 Rose on each character was a bit annoying. 1 per account would have been cool. But 1 per char would be acceptable to me. Getting the spam each time I log in is what is bothering me. Its a minor annoyance, I wouldn't have started the thread, but I definitely did report it as spam a few times.
  7. ARCHIVED-DaLurker Guest

[IMG] http://www.meish.org/vd ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Leafbringer Guest

You just equated getting in-game Valentine roses to fascism. You sir (or ma'am), win the "You are a Booby" prize, and I'm as anti-fascist as they come. Sorry if you take this as a flame but give us all one teeny tiny freaking break. ROFL