Please make the summer event accessible to everyone

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Altho Well-Known Member

1. Please let there be more ways for everyone to earn and participate in the event. Would love to see standard heroic and adv. solo have coins so those of us that cannot do experts can get our class rune.

2. Could you make the new ethereal coins heirloom, we will still be very busy, there is much to catch up on with our alts. If I decide to change mains after the summer, I don't want to be handicapped because I couldn't farm a class rune for an alt.

3. The new orange adorn belt, the pre-req. is silly, it really needs to go.

Thank you for your time.
    Prissetta, Udonn, Froglok and 4 others like this.
  2. Creasote Well-Known Member

It's barely accessible to even expert zone geared players bc you cant find groups. Once the guild geared expert tanks run the zones, that is it. I have been shut out of tokens for days bc no tanks. Just sitting around with my thumb in my ***, begging for a group or a tank.
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

That is the problem. The total ALT unfriendly zone increase (not really an expansion) has made tanks who can do experts a rarity. You can do some of them without tanks but you need a really good healer, which is a rarity as well. Once those two rare breeds do their zones, the rest of the world will have trouble. It is almost like they are trying to force out a large portion of their player base by catering to the high end.

Maybe that is how they are doing itemization, just get rid of the bottom ~75% and you only have to worry about the top ~25%. Make everything BiS and a grind fest, the raiders will be forced to do it because you have gated the content behind it. You can then jettison cost by getting rid of people and assets (servers). You make everything a micro transaction because you know the raiders will pay it. You keep the cash flowing and the raiders engaged in grinding.
    Mizgamer62, Livejazz and Dude like this.
  4. Luceus Member

This event is mind-boggling to me.

I'm rarely one to complain. I actually like that they brought back some sort of grind with ascensions. I felt accomplished when I got my tome. I also play mobile games so I'm used to arbitrary walls slowing things down. It's refreshing to see raid content still unkilled this late in an expansion regardless if because of some arbitrary walls or not.

But this event is just silly. They're making it insanely hard to get a cloak that is only slightly better than the one I can get from CRAFTING. Why in the world is this event for expert zones only?

If you want to do events for raiders, awesome. I'm a raider! I kill t4 stuff. I have like 450 resolve. The problem is this event isn't even for raiders. It's for the handful of tanks on each server who raid on their mains. They're the ones who can easily get a group for 3 zones on a daily basis. Once those handful of tanks are done, the rest of the server is left looking for group. Since this event started, I've healed more non-tanks through these zones than tanks. Was this event really designed to bring out the necro tanks on servers? If so, give them some taunts so I can at least heal them and not spread hate around group which is frustrating for a healer.

And let's assume our alt tanks can hold aggro without max hate against raiders who parse 1b+, I'd be fine dragging my SK through these zones. I still need them for my epic. But nope. The currency is no-trade, so I can't even use him!

So what am I to do? Nothing. I'm not going to sit there all day LFG hoping I can run one of four zones 3x a day. I'm just going to accept that by the end of the summer I may get the class rune, but it will most certainly be sitting on one of the bottom-tier cloaks.

Seriously, devs. Open it up to all zones. This opens it up to raiders, casuals, mains, alts, etc. What is there to lose? Are you that worried we may upgrade the cloaks we got from crafting??
  5. Tupperbeast Active Member

I think a lot of players will vainly wait for the daybreak to change so quickly, some Devs are very stubborn in their way of thinking.

Alone that the coins are not again Heilroom shows that they have not learned, as Kander still said in Discord Alts Great Again. Well, as we see, he just lied to the people just to keep his responsibility towards players pity that a company is only fixed on money, and the essential thing it does is forget the player base.

As a player would like to be interested in what a boss thinks of such a company, not the Devs interest me because these talk a lot when the day is long, but where that has to say.

When I look at the development I see that we are all cows and hang on a milk machine and we are pressed out instead of milk the money.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Luceus Member

I do think it's funny when they have double xp or ascension and talk about our alts... then run events like this.
    Prissetta, Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I can solo heal experts with a tank, but, w/o wards, I doubt I can solo heal a non-tank...
  8. Malahk Active Member

I may as well sign this thread before it gets closed like all the others that express disappointment.

I too sat around LFG today and never got one, so no coins for me today. I missed last summer's ethereal event so I've been playing a lot more often this year looking forward to this summer. Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was expert zones only. I'm not a raider. I think I have 386 resolve with no raid pieces. I can do the zones, but don't blow through them doing 2b or 3b dps like the few group mates I've had so far. My time is limited to play lately, like many others, and I don't have time to sit around for hours hoping to get lucky enough to get 3 zones run each day.

I hope this gets changed and gives everyone an equal chance at this event, like last year.
    Mizgamer62, Livejazz and Altho like this.
  9. Altho Well-Known Member

This is exactly my situation. I missed last summers event also, it really sucks to have an event you struggle to take part in.
    Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  10. kluxor Well-Known Member

It's been said numerous times already yet everyone just continues to cry. The expert events are easy, I've already done and pugged them a few times with little to no difficulty, hardest encounters are the brute trash in den.

There are so many amazing items that can be had by purely solo means or very very little grouping.
    Epic 2.0 along with all the bonus rewards
    Off hand item
    Celestial gate rune
    Ascension ears and tome
    Hq earring
    TS cloak
    Relic armor
    PG ring, legs, gloves along with the orange runes
    Epic abilities can go all the to ancient by doing just solo zones and Pq along with the extra pq items.
    Infusing is super cheap and easy with infusers also

Now look at your gear, if you don't have at the very least half, if not all of these, you need to rethink your play style, start working on this stuff, and stop your persistent crying about a cloak you don't even need if you can't handle the expert events.
  11. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Since I don't even group any more, I don't care for myself how ethereals are obtained.

But I do care for everyone else, & because I do, I'll add my name to the list of those asking for the event to be more open. & let me point out that the last post before mine -- the one from Kluxor -- does a good job of explaining why people should have to group to get this stuff, but doesn't do a thing to explain why the event should remain "expert groups only," which is the whole point of the thread. I would not advocate opening the event to Solo & Advanced Solo instances, but I would extend it to Heroics as well as Experts, & see no reason why that didn't happen in the first place.
    Alenna likes this.
  12. Creasote Well-Known Member

Easy or hard you still need a good tank to run them for the most part. There are only so many main tanks to go around. There are legions of players begging for groups who qualify to run these zones but cannot find a tank. You can check off every item on that list above and still not get tokens from the event.
    Alenna, Conifur and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Jontom New Member

Please do "NOT" make them heirloom. This would make it more unbalanced since there are classes that can solo/duel at least 3 of the expert zones. Do it just like you did last XPAC wen the new XPAC comes out than shortly after make the heirloom.
  14. kluxor Well-Known Member

A good reason is that not every single item has to be just handed to you

And in regards to not enough tanks...get two healers and scout tank it, he'll, some casters can handle it
  15. Luceus Member

What I have a problem with is they made this a long and frustrating grind for an item that is only slightly better than a cloak you can get with no combat at all. I think someone calculated 40+ days of grinding experts 3x a day to get the rune and best cloak.
  16. Nkito Well-Known Member

Maybe for the next similar seasonal event they could just do a copy/paste of the ethereal items into fabled versions with 30% reduced stats (effects tweaked as well). Add a fabled token to regular heroics for purchasing these items and call it a day.
  17. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

The only problem I have with the curent event is we are free to choose the zones, I'd like them to be on rotation, like last Summer.
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I've never gotten even one item from an ethereal event. I thought maybe this year I would, as some of my toons joined a raiding guild. Nope... the guild leaders have already stated they are not going to go for the grind.

For the record, I hate no-trade and heirloom tags; I love the Isle of Refuge server where these are at a minimum. These tags make it difficult to keep bags and bank cleared out; one can't mail heirloom to an alt, and eventually the shared bank fills up. And yes, I sell and mute stuff all the time and still can't keep slots open in the shared bank.
    Livejazz likes this.
  19. kluxor Well-Known Member

Could you imagine the backlash if people were forced to try and complete workshop and the other dalnir zone? Enough of a cryfest and all you gotta do is knock out three easy events. Which is fine with me, can log in and knock them out real quick even in a pug despite what everyone says
  20. Ozymundas Active Member

Several people have pointed out that some of the expert instances are easy, and I'm sure that's true. However, on HoF server, to even be considered for an expert group you must have 340 resolve. I'm currently at 326. Not everyone has been gearing up since November. Some of us take breaks from the game. Being excluded from an event is no fun, the exact opposite of the reason for playing a game (to have fun, in case you've forgotten). Am I stressed that I won't get the cloak/adornments/belt? No. Am I disappointed? Yes. I'd like to see more fun as a whole for this game I've played for 12 years.
    Mizgamer62, Prissetta and Tekka like this.