Please make the summer event accessible to everyone

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Livejazz Well-Known Member

If getting an item from an "heroic" instance is the same as having something "just handed to you," then this game is in far worse shape than I'd thought, & I now have even less incentive to subscribe.
    Mizgamer62 and Mermut like this.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hey, it is not that we "rare breeds" don't want to help others. We get tired. By the time we take guildies thru 3 expert zones, then run other guildies through some regular heroics, so maybe they can do Experts one day....it's starting to feel like a job. When that hits, time to take a break and do RL stuff. Just my 2c ;)
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you and I know a lot love to help. I am just saying once they do the zone, there is little left for the rest. That is why the Expert is the wrong choice. I am not at all blaming you all, pointing out you can only run a horse for so long before they wear out.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Bealeb New Member

daybreak can you send a mass mail about us buying some welcome to expert pack which allows the average player to participate in your four month long event? idk maybe shove it down everyones throats and ask 30$ maybe add in a vitality potion so we feel like we are getting something out of it?
  5. Ummmyeh Active Member

People want everything just handed to them. Entitlement is a *****.
  6. KythosMeltdown Active Member

7. Ummmyeh Active Member

Just goes to show that crying CAN get things accomplished.

I actually look forward to the next crying post that asks how come experts get more coins that regular heroics.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Common sense prevails. Great decision devs.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Who cares, another expansion is soon. All the shiny gear will be replaced in a few days anyway.
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  10. Alexstrasza Active Member

Best in slot loot is already obtainable via just running zones daily, there is no reason to make it readily available to people who don't run heroics or experts, the whole point of raiding and running experts is to advance your character to tier's higher than the average casual player, its a status persae. I am sorry you feel the changes you listed are the way you feel you need to advance your toon but your #1 would be a detriment to the game.
  11. Alexstrasza Active Member

Ethereals have never been replaced due to an expansion launch.
    Mermut and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  12. Kielex Well-Known Member

I really don't see the problem making an event accessible to casual players. Boo hoo you worked harder on your toon then other people. It doesn't make you anymore entitled to an event than anyone else. It's not like having these items will drasticly increase a casual players capabilities, Just make them a little more potent. If you're on top you're not suddenly going to lose your on top status, You'll still dominate parses. This way nobody has to be excluded. Last 2 ethereal events came from standard heroics yeah? So why should this one just cater to the elite. It shouldn't.
    Scrappyz, Azian and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  13. Kielex Well-Known Member

However, I don't agree that it should be added to advance solos. you should have to do SOME work for it.
    Scrappyz and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

They did have Advance Solo versions of the Ethereals a few game updates ago, but they were watered down version of the heroic ones and drop only. I agree that if someone wants the new cloaks and/or belt they need to do the heroics to get them. Thank you Kander for having a change of heart and making this event for everyone, even most of the alts can do T1.
    Mizgamer62 and Kielex like this.
  15. Bealeb New Member

...It was obviously a joke but I guess that went over your head. I too have been running my experts every day and even though i know you want to believe you are special i have run them without a tank too though obviously i prefer to run them with a decent one because they go faster. This content should be accessible to everyone and not just those who are expert ready...the whole effin point of the eth event is to give everyone something to do while they work on the next expansion, when players have nothing to do they go elsewhere and we lose more players from our servers which we can't afford.
  16. Kari Well-Known Member

I am pleased they are expanding it to regular heroics. I am looking forward to the additional people in LFG chat and the new activity on the server.
    Mizgamer62, Alenna and Stach like this.
  17. Ummmyeh Active Member

The next logical step is for them to give us ethereal coins just for logging in. Let's cry that one up!
  18. Breta Well-Known Member

Great, I might actually be bothered to log in then....

Nah, not really.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Stach Well-Known Member

I like to look at it from a different point of view, if you can get them from heroics you will have more people logging in to do those zones, then the people will have better gear and will come to experts faster and everyone will have more options to play with, instead of people just running a set group in the experts and everyone sitting around LFG for hours then getting told your not good enough to play with them.

I am glad they did this, I may not be able to get everything that people who run experts will get, but at least I will be able to strive to get something. I will now start running heroics again, instead of running solo PG all night.
    Shmogre and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. Azian Well-Known Member

You are being silly. Nobody is asking for anything to just be given to them for logging in. This change is making it how it should have been right from the start.

Listen, this change doesn't affect me. I'm well geared as are my guildies that I'm running groups with. In no way do I feel this change diminishes me and in fact, as Stach pointed out above, I think the more people you can get into zones of either normal heroics or experts, the better. The normal heroics are current expansion group content.
    Kari and Mizgamer62 like this.