Please give LoN Spam its own Chat Category

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-XeroXs84, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Loutzen Guest

Is there a way to disable the system messages containing advertising spam? Many players are not in any way envolved with nor interested in the latest LON events, or special seasonal this or that. The ingame spamming promoting these things is distracting from normal game play and extremely annoying. If there is a way to filter out or turn off the system messages, please let me know.
    Thank you so much for your time and attention.
  2. ARCHIVED-Melodee Guest

Loutzen wrote:
    Ummm...... sweetie?? That's what this discussion is all about :)
  3. ARCHIVED-James_UK Guest

4. ARCHIVED-James_UK Guest

Melodee wrote:
    Yes but they were not reading this discussion - their post got merged into this one.
  5. ARCHIVED-kitsuneshoujo Guest

Heres the reason why SOE should stop spamming the LON commercial:

The system message is for system messages, like servers going down, or a GM needing to address something through chat or something like that. Using this system tool as a personal spam chat is just going to make people get used to seeing the spam and will learn to ignore it. And then when something DOES happen that we need to pay attention to, then no one will because we will have all become inured to it. And then SOE will get flooded with complaint threads and the like.

So please, SOE, stop acting like gold-farmers and give the LON spam its own channel and toggle-able filter.
  6. ARCHIVED-Telden Guest

I've taught myself to ignore System Messages, since I can't filter or block them. I hear that message tone, assume it's more of the incessant LoN spam advertising, and don't bother looking anymore.

It was getting extra annoying hearing the Spam Advertising tone every dang minute this morning, though. In complete irritation, I happened to look at the spam, to see it was an announcement that the server was coming down! I was being told to log out immediately.

What the [yes, I can control my vocabulary] is an important announcement doing in the System Spam Advertising?!?!!!