Please give LoN Spam its own Chat Category

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-XeroXs84, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

It's not that I'm opposed to LON spam. I'm just opposed to the channel they've chosen to use for their LON spam. It should not be the System Messages channel. Give it its own special channel.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

And the ability to be able to click it off.
    I'm not interested in Qeynos Crafting (buy my stuff), or the level 70-80 (I L33t u suXX0r) chat channels channels, so I click them off. I don't want to recieve plat spam, so I click that off. I'm not interested in LoN and want to be able to play without being notified about something I've less than zero interest in, so I want to click it off.
    Compounded by being irritated at the abuse of the System Message tag, it had better happen soon because I'm running out of polite ways to /feedback on it each time I get spammed by it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

Wyrmypops wrote:
    Ah... your threats of unleashing your fury via /feedback strike fear in us all. LoN is fun, I don't really play it much and I have not joined a competition ( I'm no where near that good ) but like it or not it's part of the game now. I'm sure nobody minds when they loot LoN cards off a mob that can be sold for profit. Honestly, what bugs me more than the fleeting LoN message, is all the jack-whacks that have to spam the channel for 5 minutes afterward griping about it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

Skwerl@Mistmoore wrote:
    Then if the LoN chat tag was installed and folk could opt out, then no-one would have to see or hear folk commenting on the spam. Because it would no longer be spam, anyone that saw it would want to (or not know how to disable it).
  5. ARCHIVED-alexisxo Guest

I actually had a dream a few hours ago, that AB was back up, and -gasp- running, and there was a spam tell that popped up that said LoN. :p

Sounds about right to me.
  6. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

I am all for either a LoN chat tab or at least the ability to shut it off.

At this time I don't have the will nor desire to play but perhaps one day I will.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gojira_Shipi-Taro Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    Did you read the thread?

It's not "Just Text" it's text with an alert sound that many of us are conditioned to pay attention to because it's supposed to be for IMPORTANT messages. Like the server coming down.

I have no problem with the tournaments being broadcasted, but like others I'd like to be able to turn that text OFF without also missing important messages.

Played the LoN Tutorial. It's a nice little CCG. I don't have the budget to support a CCG habit any more (particularly one that doesn't involve physical cards), so I will NEVER have any interest in anything that is advertised regarding tournaments, give aways or special drop events.

The System Message channel is an important tool that is being diminished by having it's content diluted by spam.
  8. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

atleast as a compromise dont advertsie it on non us servers since the lon tournaments are not avalaible to non us citiziens.
  9. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

I don't care if the channel can be turned on/off... i'd just like to see the following:

- No 'Alert Sound' or a different sound to the System Messages
    - Different colour
    - Only appears in one window, how they do that I don't care, maybe make it the same window as group chat, or the say command, or *gasp* make it an actual channel that you can tick/untick.

If they can do that they can spam me with as much LoN or other info-messages as they want, it's the fact that they are currently using the SYSTEM MESSAGE that is the problem, you get the nasty 'oh my god the system is gonna crash!!!' sound AND the message appears in EVERY window, even ones you thought you closed!
  10. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

It should only appear in one chat window (and not open any new windows). What you're experiencing is something that happened to me awhile ago where on any toon if I were to ding into the next tier the new lvl chat channel I got access to would open up in a new window or System messages would pop up in the chat window and open up a new window for it.

To solve it, I had to delete all my UIsettings files. Once I did that, everything worked just fine and the only inconvenience was that I had to re-setup where all the windows/hotbars were along with locking and setting opacities. Did it for one character and /load_uisettings for the rest of them (minus the chat channels.. I set those up per character manually).

I'm sure there are far easier ways to solve it that involve less work but I haven't tried them and can't tell ya whether those other methods work or not.
  11. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    SOE, I have posted feedback time and time again, doing my best to keep it civil and polite. I have posted in many of these threads. I suspect this again will be ignored. Despite that, I will post again, with the faint hope someone will listen. SOE, please stop advertising LoN in game. Or, if you must have it in game, place it on it's own channel, with the ability to move it to it's own tab and/or shut off. People who do look for LoN information would have their adverts. People who don't wouldn't have to see it.
    And before someone posts this, SOE does have the "right" to advertise LoN. But then again they have the "right" to nerf everyone to level 1 when each expansion is published, and say "Okay, do over!". Not comparing LoN adverts to such an absurd nerf. But, I am saying that just like such an absurd nerf, using the system message channel, a channel meant to advertise the health and status of the game and server to advertise the game is a gross misuse, and thus just as wrong.
  12. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Troubor wrote:
    Agreed, it's similiar to websites, any website has the "right" to have pop-ups appear at regular intervals while you are surfing their site, however that doesn't mean that doing so is either clever or going to be well received by the user.
  13. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

News just in, LoN spam is un-Frostfolly/Christmassy.
    In the new Frostfell quest. when Mr McScroogle is trying to rationalise his behaviour, he bangs on about profit being the be all and end all. We get to respond with "I suppose you're right, but all the advertising was annoying. So you had to be stopped."
    Now we don't get the option to rip the entrails from the person responsible for spamming us about LoN so lets turn it around. Here's a quest for SoE, you get your first update from ceasing all LoN spam on the System Message chat tag. Now you craft a new channel for LoN. You can't hotbar it, but instead it gets added to the chat options. Feel free to leave it visible by default, but at least give us the option to go in an opt out of receiving messages about something we don't want to receive, and able to pay attention to the System Message alerts knowing they are actually Messages about the System.
    Queen Bunny will thank you, as will we.
  14. ARCHIVED-Emoec Guest

LON is a source of income for SOE, they will not do anything about it. i concider that if i pay for something i shouldnt be disturbed by commercials, isnt that the main point of pay per view : no commercials every 10min (at least in europe)
  15. ARCHIVED-Alteri_1 Guest

Just my humble request to have a channel dedicated to LoN.
    I don't play, nor do I intend to, and I'm left to wonder just why system messages are being used to push what is essentially a side intrest, seperate yet intergrated, into the game.
    Servers coming down? server issue updates? sure. That's why I have my server messages enabled. But for LoN? Bah - hold the spam, and give me, and anyone else disintrested in hearing about it, a safe option to spare ourselves.
  16. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

YES!

Please make a LoN channel for your spam. All you've done is condition us to ignore system messages.

Please explain to me, in small words, cause I'm not to bright, why exactly is the repeated spam every 30 mins about a LoN tourny a system message? How does it impact the systems?
  17. ARCHIVED-AustinOnline Guest

I think a channel especially for it would be awesome. But when you say "we need a channel for LoN", do you mean just for System messages relating to LoN changes, or a channel for people to socialize about LoN?
  18. ARCHIVED-netglen Guest

I consider us lucky that they haven't add LoN spam messages inside of chests. I can just imagine getting a L.71+ Master-I book drop in a chest but before I can loot or lotto for it, I have to click and read a LoN spam scroll that also came with the box.
  19. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

/sign

Give us a LoN announcement chat category I can ignore.
  20. ARCHIVED-Alteri_1 Guest

netglen wrote:
    Or worse... you have FAILED to disarm the trap on the chest. YOU are hit with (5 minutes worth of) LoN spam!
    Can someone cure my LoN disease at the docks?