Please Fix Poison Recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Crychtonn, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Crychtonn Active Member

The new poison receipts need to be fixed to use Incandescent Material as the primary component the same as the new potions. The excessive cost to poison using classes vs all classes is extremely out of balance. Can the Dev's please look into this.

New potions can be purchased for 6-8 gold vs the new poisons cost 6-10 plat. That's a one hundred times increase in cost or more. Factor in the duration of potions vs how fast poison triggers are used up and it goes to 200-300 times increase in cost per hour.

I don't understand why the Dev's think it's balanced to make four classes cost exponentially more to play then the other twenty-one classes.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Judging from the context of your post, I'm guessing that you meant recipes instead of receipts. Is that the case, or is it an incorrect assumption on my part?
  3. Katanallama Well-Known Member

At the very least, they need to have the gnostic / exemplar recipes make 25 per combine instead of 10. The rate of consumption is absurd, to use Exemplars costs 250-300p per raid. On top of ammo costs, raiding as a scout is very expensive for having a far lower DPS potential than mages.
    Malchore, Quillyne and Feldon like this.
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

Yes, that's what I meant. That's what I get for not double checking before I posted :( And I can't edit it now.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

In before someone comes along to remind us yet again that we knew going into playing a scout that uses poisons and ammothat we'd have to bare that financial burden of said items, compared to other classes that get their DPS and debuffs "for free" in their spells and abilities.

Even with being able to make my own poisons and ammo, it's still costing me something extra that a mage doesn't have to 1) pay for; and 2) doesn't have to log in early to make said stacks of poisons and ammo.
    Quillyne and Feldon like this.
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

I'd rather see it go to using the Incandescent Material then increasing the per combine. Keeps everyone using the same material for potions and poisons. The gathering goblin also harvests Incandescent Material a lot more frequently then getting a Hiven Root. Which is very rare.
  7. Crychtonn Active Member

How many Incandescent Materials did you get in that hour. And why are four classes required to go harvest when all others can use guild hall harvesters, gathering goblins or pack mules to harvest what they need. All three of those NPC harvest tools return plenty of Incandescent Materials to make potions but rarely ever come back with Hiven Roots.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

I've got the solution. Make it fair to the 4 classes that get poison by removing the class restriction and see how many people jump to using it.
    Naneeje likes this.
  9. Elinea Well-Known Member

Either at launch or in beta (can't remember which) the cerebral (handcrafted) used the commons, the gnostic (mastercrafted) used the incandescent material, and the exemplar (fabled mastercrafted) used a hiven root. Why was that changed?

Now that I think of it, that was at launch, because nobody had harvested enough incandescent materials at launch to make very many of anything, and hiven roots were an urban legend. In beta, we had access to a vendor that sold stacks of everything and nobody was complaining about lack of materials for crafting.
  10. Ratza Well-Known Member

I think if these 4 classes have to pay for dps with rare roots to get poison to increase their dps they should be the top of T1 for DPS instead of mages....see how fair the mages with think that would be.
    Katanallama, Ruckus and Feldon like this.
  11. Elinea Well-Known Member

In my raid force at least, the poison-using scouts are at the top of the parse. Mages are coming in 3rd/4th/5th under ranger/swash/assassin.
    Deveryn likes this.
  12. Crychtonn Active Member

This isn't about starting another scout vs mage DPS thread. Poisons have always been around and always had a cost. That's not my issue. It's the drastic change in that cost with the poison recipes (see did it right this time!) this xpac. I believe if they were changed to use Incandescent Materials as the primary component the cost would drop to around what they have always cost in the past.
  13. Ruckus Well-Known Member

He also was in charge of racial revamps, and made dang sure that his assassin's race (dark elf) was "the" scout race to be. I know some races get 125 charges per vial, and dark elf was one of them.
    Feldon, Ajjantis and Stealthmode like this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Incorrect. The amount of harvesting a toon does or doesn't do has no effect on the goblin and pony. Similar harvesting stats on the toon also do not alter what the goblin and pony bring back.
    Finora and Shmogre like this.
  15. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I have no problem finding/getting the rare hiven roots. It's the idea that we 4 scout classes have to put in that extra hour a week of harvesting to GET those 20+ roots in the first place. Then we have to take the time (and fuel costs) to MAKE the poisons. Then you have to carry around enough of them to get the job done, and bag space is already limited on my toon. (Yes, I admit I'm a packrat.) The only 2 saving graces are: paying members can stuff extra poisons into empty broker boxes for limited space, and that you can bulk produce crafted items now. Either way: we're paying too much in money, time, and effort (AKA pre-work) before we group/raid and all mages have to do is just...log in and polish their finger tips and stroke their staffs.
  16. Tsurupettan Active Member

I just noticed that at some point the thread title was fixed to say Recipes instead of Receipts.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Did you mean bear as in carrying or bare as in dropping your shorts and mooning?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  18. Ratza Well-Known Member

20 hiven only makes 100 poison.....that is the real issue!!!....if the devs refuse to chance their stance on using hiven roots for poisons they should at least increase the crafted amount to 50 instead of a measly 10.
    Wellknownmember likes this.
  19. Crychtonn Active Member

Stealthmode I'm fine with there being a cost to play a scout. I've been dealing with that for 10 years. But changes in this Xpac have sky rocketed that cost. As far back as I can remember master crafted potions and poisons have always used the same primary component. That being the dust you got from making Adept III's. I don't even care that that was changed to using harvest materials. What I feel is wrong and wrong in a screw certain people over way is changing potions and poisons to use different materials.

Last night on the broker you could buy Incandescent Materials for as low as 6 gold while the cheapest Hiven Root was over 19 plat. The difference in cost to make potions vs poisons is insane.

As far as causing a glut in the market for Hiven Roots if the change was made. So what? That's the way roots have always been on the market. FYI rare leathers and woods are and always have been way worse off then roots in this department. This Xpac there is a demand for the roots for Belts and Cloaks so people can upgrade to the new purple adornments.
    Quillyne likes this.
  20. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Please guys....

Be aware that we asked for poisons that are more deadly and more potent for a price.

If you don't like the amount of fuel it cost to create these super deadly poisons, then just go back to using Infused Savante's.
    Simply put, you get what you pay for.
    The balance on rares is obviously working, keeping the cost of everything stable. No rare is un needed this expansion. It's a balance that I have never seen before and so many people enjoy that.
    We asked,
    we received,
    simple.
    Wellknownmember and Meirril like this.