Please Fix Poison Recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Crychtonn, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Azian Well-Known Member

Well, my own harvesting as I adventure and my harvesting minions (from 5 TS characters) have only netted one hiven for me over the last several days. That means I'll need to buy 5 more tonight to prep for raiding. So, there goes another 150 plat or so this evening. I realize some folks have insane amounts of plat but for a lot of us shedding this type of coin constantly is not sustainable.

I would really love for the dev team to fix/tweak their design flaw now rather than waiting to incorporate it into the overall scout revamp. I'm ok with a bandaid for the short term. Bleeding plat gets old really fast.

Another downside for me personally is I'm just about to ding my Illy to 100. That means the character will need (at least) a new cloak and belt shortly. Normally, my diligence with my harvest minions would have me covered for many of the rares I will need. However, because hivens are used for poisons and make so few per combine I'll be completely out of those and again paying a visit to the broker. I know, cry me a river right? I just view it as another negative by-product of how poisons were set up this expansion.
  2. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I think everything that needed to be said about this topic has been said, several times over. Time to stop stalling and give us some kind of response.
    Ratza likes this.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Afista is no longer with Daybreak. She was among those that were let go. Not sure if anyone from the company is currently following this thread...other than the moderators, that is.
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

You're probably right. I'm been doing my best to provoke a response but nary a nibble. I think this hole's been fished out.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

I too hoped for a response but nothing.....if anything is planned in a near future update to alleviate the posion cost for scouts it is being kept pretty hush hush. :(
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Your best bet, assuming that what you want is an answer to the question instead of a public declaration of intent, is to contact the Community Manager (Roshen) and ask the question. He should be able to find out the answer from the appropriate developer.

From what I've seen, the devs monitor many of the threads, but they rarely post in them (except ttobey - and since he's on the art team, he'd be more likely to post an answer in an art related thread).
  7. Ynnek Well-Known Member

TRADESKILLS
    • The Blood orange has now taken its rightful place among the tier 8 provisioner harvest tables.
    • Recipes for Gnostic and Exemplar poisons now return more product on a successful combine.
    • Stormborn Souffle, Monsoon, Ashenbone Bread, Ashenbone Java have had crit chance added.
    So, something's changing... just not sure by how much..
    Crychtonn likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

On Test:
    Gnostic's poison, which requires 1 hiven root, yields 40 on pristine
    Exemplar's poison, which requires 2 hiven roots, yields 30 on pristine.
  9. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I know I should be grateful that they're doing something but I can't, they just don't get it. Don't bother posting and telling me I should just be glad they're doing something, I give up. They win. I'm not posting in this thread anymore.
    Quillyne and Ruckus like this.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

Appreciate that you posted the details Niami.

Now, if they'd still tweak the recipes to require incandescent for Gnostics and ONE hiven for a yield of 30 Exemplar's we'd be at a halfway kinda sorta more viable end result. Mind you, this doesn't change Gharyn's underlying point that 4 classes have to pay a still not insignificant amount just to keep up unlike any other class in the game. It would be enough of a bone thrown our way to at least not totally break the bank to just play our characters.
    Ruckus likes this.
  11. Ratza Well-Known Member

I just want to say thank you to the devs for listening. The new change is a welcomed improvement on cost reduction to a poison using scout - I still think it's high but this is better than it was so thank you.
    Katanallama and Dulcenia like this.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I lost a bit of respect for a portion of the community due to the grumpiness this was met with. Thanks for restoring some of my faith, Ratza!
    Ratza likes this.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm doing the whole wait and see on the change. We really won't know how much this helps till the broker prices of hiven roots shift in 2 weeks to a month. Or fail to shift.

Again, time will tell. Saying anything right now seems premature.
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

My primary concern with waiting to see is that usually these tweaks are a one and done from the dev team. Meaning, if we get what is currently on test and it still drains my wallet constantly I'm just stuck with it as it is highly unlikely to change again before we have another expansion. Hence what I see as value in giving feedback now before it actually hits live.

I definitely understand your premise though and in theory, the price of hivens should come down and certainly those who harvest need only 1/3 of what they did before to make the same quantity. But, if you are paying $90.00 for a Big Mac to start with, and McDonalds gives you an "awesome deal" where they only cost $30.00 instead....that seems great until you realize you are still paying $30.00 for a Big Mac!!

I'm definitely happy to see changes. It will still cost me considerably more in time or plat to play my brig than it does any of my other characters so I was hoping for a bit more than what is currently on test. Overall, you are probably right though Meirril and all we can do is wait now. It's not really likely to be tweaked again even while it's still on test so probably this is what we will get and will simply have to live with it for better or worse.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

There are 3 possible outcomes of the change. First possible is that the supply of hiven roots exceeds the demand for exemplar poison. If that happens roots will slowly decrease in price and then eventually bottom out. We're talking like 10p or less for a hiven root if this is the case. I think this is unlikely.

Second possible case is that the supply of hiven roots exceeds the current level of demand (people who are willing to pay 30p per root) and the price drops. The price drop creates a larger demand (people willing to pay 20p per root) and the price stabilizes as the new level. This is the most likely result. People that already pay 30p per root will continue to buy at 20p and will use that poison more often. People who don't buy at 30p, some will start at 25p and more if the price continues to drop.

And then there is the worse possible case scenario. Since the amount produced went up, some people who weren't willing to pay 30p per root before might be willing to make more poison at 30p per root still. It really depends on if the demand is really low because of the cost, or if its 30p because it meets the actual demand of the population. If there are a lot of scouts that held off using exemplar because of the expense the marginal cases (like ones that used gnostic poisons to cut the cost down to half exemplar) could eat up the new supply created. It could actually result in the price of roots going up though that is very unlikely.

I think scenario two is the most likely. But like all things in economics these are just forecasts and actual results are what matters.
  16. Ratza Well-Known Member

Hiven roots have other uses too (cloaks for example are worth making/using if you don't have a raid drop and a great option for alts) so I don't see the roots taking too big of a hit.
  17. Azian Well-Known Member

Lol, I missed the fact that this went live yesterday until I made my first new batch just now and received 30. I will admit this was a pleasant surprise when I was expecting 10 still.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

Cloaks and belts for some mysterious reason. Nevermind that belts have been leather up till AoM. But still even if the cloaks and belts being made are all using 16 roots each because every single one is refined usage wise it isn't significant when compared to a constant demand such as consumables.

Also all that cloth armor that nobody asks for. Other than that roots aren't much used. So the driving force behind any market changes now is going to be the demand for poison. I don't expect a huge market change either, but that is more because I think the usage of poison is going to increase because supply increased. Instead of seeing the price of roots drop, I think you'll see people using exemplar poison in situations where they might of switched to a cheaper poison before.