Please clarify this particular patch note

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sennen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mandoblast Active Member

I could make the same argument the other direction, but I would rather have achieved something and then had it available rather than achieved it and had it taken away. Like I have said, I am a huge fan of class balance by bringing players up rather than down.

I do understand that not everyone is going to be happy. If this is just the beginning of long term class balance, then likely more changes are coming. The very nature of RNG loot drops always means that some people have better gear than others. It is that drive to get more stuff that keeps us playing this game. I know it does for me. That does not mean that I want to deny new players or any player loot, but that it will always happen.

Here is what I think should happen from the Devs"

Please explain the rational behind this change and the other parts of class balance going forward.

Just a short Producers letter or something saying "this is why we did it and here is what we are working on". A LOT of this frustration can be clipped by just keeping your customer base informed.
    Meneltel likes this.
  2. Tattoo Active Member

so many things in this game are beyond broken and are beyond fixable for the amount of developers that we have. I'm sure they would LOVE to have perfectly balanced classes/content/itemization/loot tables/inflated states/ etc. but that is just never going to happen unless something were to drastically change with the way production works at EQ2; and it is just not worth an investment at this point, which people can't be blamed for. What is the point of fixing everything with the game when after doing all that (and producing no content accordingly) at it's core the game still runs/looks like dirt?

The only "fix" for all of this stuff without ruining EQ2 is a sequel. Which is unlikely. Very very unlikely.
  3. Sowy Active Member

as people have said, make the runes available in current content under a similar premise (ie, 1-2 coins a day) And make the runes slightly better (add some pot or ability mod or mit depending on archtype) this will cause even people who had the runes to consider earning them again.

Then these "game breaking" items that have been in the game for almost a year can still be attained by the Generation-Now crowd without ruining the people who sacrificed their scant time to get these items before them.

A blanket nerf is just nothing short but frustrating.
  4. harvash Active Member

Meh, they would just nerf the pocket knife and boost the machine gun - making it flavor of the month until the next expac, wherein it will be taken out behind the castle and summarily executed....
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

This change needs to be adjusted... I mean is it really logical to make old purple fabled runes now more worthwhile than many of the ethereal runes?
  6. Healsu Active Member

After reading this post for the last 2 days I will at this point chime in. First off I am a raider who has all ethereal runes so to those who are crying about getting nerfed cause your reset rune doesn't proc ever 30 secs its done, move on and understand it affects everyone so its a clean slate. And if they take away the ravaing proc then what ever if it needs to be done to balance then do it.

But if you want to take away all the butt hurt then DEVS please understand this, if you are going to rebalance items to balance class that's great I am all for it and so are the majority of EQ2 players BUT you need to do it a little better.

First off outline your what you are planning on doing well before you do it so everyone understands what you are trying to do that's customer service 101.

Second if you are going to completely change a game proc take it away and change it to something a bit worth while so the peeps that spent time grinding or farming that item don't lose everything. Maybe change the rest rune to a potency proc or over crit bonus proc ..... who knows but 2 min reuse is essential wiping it out. If you are going to change the ravaging rune again change it to a static ferver so again the peeps that spent time farming and grinding don't lose to much.

Third please take a few peeps that play there classes well and invite them into a private forum and get there opinions on what will make or break so called changes that way you will have respected players backing said changes.

I am not here to tell you guys how to run your business but I have been on this earth for 40 plus years and have done major marketing and finance so please take this advice to heart. All you guys at DBG are doing your best with what you are given but you have such a vast player base here to help for FREE please take it
    duckster, Meneltel and Redlight like this.
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

This is a serious question to the Devs,why is there not a conservative incremental approach to changes being made to ingame mechanics that have been around for long periods? It seems the method of taking issue fixes to the extreme opposite upsets your loyal year round player base and justifiably so I might add, if there is an percieved problem with a 30 second reset then change it to 45 seconds and get informed feedback first dont just make it irrelevant post patch, Gnoma
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Short Feedback after the first raid after global reset 120 sec timer:
    • Raid DPS dropped by 20%
    • Personal motivation droppt to ZERO
    You ruined MY WAY TO PLAY ... as written before my heartbeat is broken :eek:
    Because it hits all players, the good ones are frustrated, the bad ones do not notice it
    The strange thing: I had raid fights > 3 min without reset
    Overall: not a really good choice

And it did not change the lag
    Whiomaju, Ykysh, Anjel and 1 other person like this.
  9. Anjel Member

After running test on dummies, grouping for 2 days Heroics and helping with Epic 2.0 fights and running raids, the change to 120 seconds for the hammer and rune is entirely too long. All abilities used will be available to use again within 30 - 60 secs. The rune has now become a waste and you can't ever exchange it for coins. The hammers only saving grace is the bump to fervor. I would rather they just made it obsolete and removed it from the game. If that is not the intent shortening the global reset to 60 seconds would at least allow for the items to be used as intended.
    Beee likes this.
  10. rutro Well-Known Member

Good...after almost 2 years of use...you can get rid of the old gear or use it for a appearance item.
  11. Meshuggahx Member

And aggro to bl is really bad because of deaggros not resetting anymore. really fun.
  12. Xsarinx Member

What is being missed is that the player base responded to a Summer activity of daily grinding to earn enough Eth coins to purchase the recast rune. There was an agreement between each player and Daybreak that if they did the Eth reward quests that one of the rewards for accumulating 90 of them would be an Eth rune that would reset (some, not all) a selected set of abilities. That this was not taken into consideration when designing the epic 2.0 to make it vital is not the problem of the players who participated in the event or camped ad nausea the runes that have a one in ten million chance to drop from mobs in Kralet contested. I urge the developers to take all of these comments to heart and reverse their decision and make the Eth reset run viable once again.
    VGScastaway and Whiomaju like this.
  13. sarasi New Member

How can anyone say the reset rune is OP when a apprentice assassin spell is hitting for many billions, cant help thinking its just a ploy so we sink RL cash into mastering ascension abilities to make up for our reset/hammer loss. You can bet some people will cos they have to be the best. Im not a pay to win kind of person but for 0000.1 of a second i was tempted :p
    Whiomaju likes this.
  14. Dragonsnacks Active Member

What if you break Combat Abilities / Spells up into Low, Mid, and High then assign Low-30 second refresh, Mid 60 seconds and High 2 minutes. Or do a RNG, every 30 seconds when the Reset fires it randomly resets abilities based on a preset value and anything not reset during the 30, 60 and 90 second procs will reset on the final 120 seconds one. So any Ability can reset every 30 seconds, but most of the time they would reset from lowest to highest in the 30-120 second time frame.
    Aakla likes this.
  15. Aakla Member

I like the random number generator idea.
  16. Xsarinx Member

Several classes have 1 spell that a 2 min CD on the Eth Rune reset table will affect. As stated in the past 11 pages the runes were rendered worthless without any regards to the effort the player base put into obtaining them. It's depressing that I've asked so many people on AB to post their feedback here and I'm afraid they are quite cynical that the DEV only answered once to make the appearance that our feedback would actually be considered. I'm optimistic that if we get enough people to respond here that something will be one. So please encourage everyone you know who was affected by the nerf to enter a post.
    VGScastaway likes this.
  17. Kari Well-Known Member

Well I played with the rune as it is last night, and while it wasn't crippling, I felt very demoralized and deflated that I had wasted so much effort all summer to obtain something that appears worthless. I haven't quite been able to get myself to take it off, but I suspect by next week I will be wearing a different rune.
    VGScastaway likes this.
  18. Anjel Member

If you really want to catch their eye, give constructive feedback on the discord channel. There is always at least one dev there keeping a hidden eye on the pulse of the community.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

0 Dev response to this thread. 1 Community Manager response.
    Anoxia, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  20. Sowy Active Member

So guys, what are you going to do about ascension classes? I already hear about people trying to scream to nerf tithing because some people worked to get a lot of it. But ascension classes are a whole diffferent ball game. If I return to the game after a year break I don't have a years worth of ascension experience to earn (which can allow me to catch up) No. I missed out on all the dumb scrolls I have to remember to log in to grab for all the characters I play. The "vitality" ascension experience caps at 7million. So while raidforces may be filled with people with level 10 on an ascension (in the future) the new-newbs will be coming back far behind. This will be way worse than the reset rune.

SO I SAY THIS, because assuming that I stick around and suffer through this egregious reset rune nerf.... is the same thing going to happen with ascension spells/skills?