Please clarify this particular patch note

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sennen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Sennen Well-Known Member

• Characters may now only benefit from in combat global reuse clearing effects once every 120 seconds.
    Holding further comments until this is made clear what this means.
  2. Jachin Active Member

Smells like a fishy hammer nerf to me!
  3. Jachin Active Member

Pretty nice way to fix balance tbh. Thumbs up from me, a poor raider who never got a hammer and who was oppressed by the superior hammer race.
    Kielex likes this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Except it likely also applies to the Scout & Healer Runes too. (+ Mages)
  5. Sennen Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for dev comment before assuming. I love my reset runes that I worked for months for.
  6. Konc3pt Active Member

game dead gg they took away my game breaking reset ability
    Ronjah, Feldon and Zanger like this.
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Except it doesn't touch scout fervor rune, which means it disproportionately hurts mage dps more than scout dps.
    Snikkety, Scrappyz and Ashandra like this.
  8. quisling Well-Known Member

And I ask...ONE MORE TIME...Why have an item timer that is superseded by a global rule?
  9. Montag Well-Known Member

I dunno man i think the amount of dps a beastlord or assassin is gonna lose from this is gonna be a lot worse than what even sorcs will.
  10. VGScastaway Member

So, when all reset runes proc on pull (like they already do half the time) then it's 120 sec before it can proc again... outstanding.... Yeah Dev clarification would be nice here.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

120 secs really doesn't sound very bad.

HOWEVER, 120 seconds = 2 minutes and that DOES sound pretty bad LOL
    Nixer, Kittybock, Diveris and 6 others like this.
  12. Brightlyz Active Member

LOL
  13. Xellium Active Member

I have to tell you this change in a vacuum is GARBAGE.
    No one was complaining that the 30 sec reuse proc was game breaking.
    The combination of reset fervor and immolation procs chaining every 10 seconds was immensely broken and made gods out of the very few who were lucky enough to acquire said procs.

Now scouts are going to even further exceed mages with their fervor procs popping off like popcorn, while mages pray for their 2 min reset.

I don't get it, how do changes like this just get plopped in when there are real issues you could be addressing.
    You just introduced more imbalance, so if this was intended to create balance you've already failed.

FAIL
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be so bad if the hammer still proc'd fervor every 30 seconds but yeah if it doesn't because they've hard coded it to not proc every 120 seconds its a slap in the face of mages.
  15. Simien Active Member

How so? Most mages have a reset rune but not a hammer. Most scouts have a reset AND a 100 fervor rune. This will most definately hurt mages more than scouts in that regard..but I guess it always has. /shrug We shall see I guess.
  16. Arieva Well-Known Member

But quite a few mages have a "resettable spells" list that is absolute garbage on their ethereal rune so its really not worth wearing.
  17. Conifur Well-Known Member

They want people to leave so they can further maximize returns by getting rid of more servers. There is no real reason for the changes this zone addition came with unless that is what they want. They sure can't be trying to get customers.
    Juraiya likes this.
  18. Vokan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that this craptastic patch note that means what we think it means.
    Some people spent a lot of time and/or money to acquire an item that has been in the game for some time, just to have it nerfed to uselessness.
    Its not like it was implemented and you didn't know what it did. Its not like the level increase went to 110 and you didn't know how it would impact a bunch of new abilities.

I have a feeling the epic 2.0 is crap, so they have to nerf everything else ahead of time to make it look great.
    Whiomaju and Kuulei like this.
  19. kluxor Well-Known Member

only took 7 posts for this to get mentioned. don't worry, im sure its next to further push scouts further down on the parse
    Whiomaju likes this.
  20. Azian Well-Known Member

I could take off the reset rune on my conj and really not be hurt that much either way (pre-nerf). During the event, I debated even buying the reset rune on the conj based upon other forum posts noting how few decent abilities it resets on either summoner. However, it makes a major difference on my brig. I can't speak for sorcerors/preds on the matter but in my case the reset nerf hits my scout much much harder than my mage.