Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

By request, I'm working on this Banker's Desk Lamp. Not likely that the devs will approve it, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. (the picture is just of the shape, no texturing has been done yet.)

[IMG]
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

I have this Banker's Desk Lamp ready to submit to Player Studio.

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Any way you could get them to do the translucent glass shade effect (or am I misremembering and it was actually metal...)? :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd do the glass effect, but I asked them to make the crystal (where the bulb would be,) to radiate light.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is an image to display the shape of the High Chair I am working on, it hasn't had any texturing done to it yet. (This is only to show how the shape looks.)

[IMG]
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

Finishing out the year with this last item for 2017 to be submitted to Player Studio. Here is wishing us all a magnificent, happy and prosperous new year!

[IMG]
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, I love the texturing you did on that high chair, Jerry. That is absolutely lovely! I hope they approve it.
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

Ye old Rustic Chicken Coop has been submitted to Player Studio:
    [IMG]
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

After having had turkeys in RL, this would work for them, too, if you space the roost shelves farther apart (I'm guessing it's empty inside so you can customize it?) and lower to the ground, since they're bigger, heavier birds. :)

And we don't have chickens here, just ducks and turkeys. We need chickens, and geese. :(

Uwk
    hoping we can get some by Bristlebane's Day; can't have Spring Equinox without lots of eggs to hide! :D
    Prissetta and Rawl like this.
  10. Ethini Well-Known Member

Everyone knows those are lagomorph eggs!
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't add anything to the inside, so people can customize it as they like. :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, rabbits don't lay eggs...gotta be the platypuses! Four legs, fur, eggs, it works! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta and Ethini like this.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got a request to make this for all you cat lovers :)

[IMG]
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is the Cat Scratch Tree House I'm ready to submit to Player Studio.

[IMG]
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

Just checked the status of some of the stuff I've recently submitted:
    These are Complete status:
    Breakfast skillet
    round sectional sofa
    large slate roof
    High Chair
    Chicken Coop

These items are Declined status:
    Dutch Oven & tool
    Coffee Pot

Still "valid" status (which mean if it was reviewed, they haven't decided one way or another on it yet.):
    Cat Scratcher Tree House
    Banker's Lamp
    Domed Awning rev. 1
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no! I liked the Dutch Oven and Tool...I wish they'd actually give you reasons for why they declined something. :(

They might've felt the Coffee Pot was too close to the one on the Sumac Washstand? :-/

Uwk
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

Generally, when they decline stuff, if it isn't for technical reasons, (not meeting with their criteria of construction,) it is likely because there is something already in game which is too similar, or another artist has previously made something similar which has been approved, or they think it won't sell well enough to warrant being added to the marketplace. I think they totally disregard my information (when appropriate,) that the item(s) are player requested. That apparently carries no weight in their decision process.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...sad, but if there is something out there already that's similar, I can see the problem. :-/

And even the technical reasons, but frankly, I'm not impressed with their marketing theories. ;->

Uwk
    Rawl and Prissetta like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

The Sumac Wash Stand has a "Pot"?? I have made my won Antique wash "bowl and Pitcher" using the silvery bowl and the Tea Pot. . . I just love those! Wish we hade those in game but they would probably figure we could do our own with a "bowl" and teapot!
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I thought so...hmm. Lemme look it up...

Let's see if this comes through...doesn't always...

http://eq2furniture.com/index.php?item=sumac washstand&category=&subcategory=&type=&event=&tier=&recipebook=&ingredient=&quest=&starter=&zone=&merchant=&faction=&mob=&awarded=&claimed=&currency=&lon=&creator=&housetype=&placement=&description=&date1=&date2=

Eeesh! What a mess of a link... Well, anyway, yeah, to me the Sumac Washstand looks like a small dresser with a steaming bowl, a mirror, and what looks to me like an old-fashioned coffee pot. Not necessarily what you'd make coffee in, but what you'd serve it in, if that makes sense. :-/

And yeah, I agree with Quiarrah: to me, a "bowl and basin" from the old days is more like a big ceramic bowl (though maybe shallow) on a round platter, with an elegant-looking pitcher thing. :)

Uwk